Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Day 57 with no poppage :(

Aug 2nd sub is still being processed.

Comments

• << <i>Aug 2nd sub is still being processed. >>

I feel a little better, mine is Aug 12 and still being processed.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    HOLY crap.. sorry to hear that.. did you have unusual items? stuff that required research?
  • tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭

<< <i>HOLY crap.. sorry to hear that.. did you have unusual items? stuff that required research? >>

I suppose so. All 50 were thicker cards like from sweet spot and exquisite and were most likely the first graded of their type. I called PSA on Friday and they said my order looked like it will be done early this week but we will see.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    August 4th, 5th, and 6th do not even count in your total since PSA was at the National. August 3rd was either a travel day for them, or they were there already setting up, so Aug 9th would have been your "day 1", but it was probably their fly home day.

So if August 10th is your 1st business day, and not counting Labor day, today is business day 43 for you. You're almost there.

I see your point about the National and I didn't realize that; however, the PSA girl on the phone quoted the bus day correctly. Lilke you said though, the graders are probably going by your suggested date. Thanks for the info.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    no poppage is like poopage.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    My 4 Tallboys just popped from Aug. 26. The 100+ I also submitted the same day came back last month so can't complain too much
  • NugenNugen Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Still waiting in my submission from early August that included MacGregor Advisory, Bazooka panels, Exhibits , Dodger and Orioles postcards. I know someone is having to look up those postcards to make sure they label the year correctly.
  • Maybe they're just trying to justify all the 10s they are giving you. image
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My 4 Tallboys just popped from Aug. 26. The 100+ I also submitted the same day came back last month so can't complain too much >>

my tall boys also popped from last week, maybe they are working on them with other thicker cards...just a guess

<< <i>Maybe they're just trying to justify all the 10s they are giving you. image >>

I hope that is the case.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Still waiting on 106 cards from August sub ( 1/2 were vintage movie star cards )...my 21 card sub from August popped 10/8.
  • I think the thicker cards take some time. I had a submission for Aug special that was logged on 9/9 and is still pending. In that same submission, I had 100+ tall boys that came back in 2 weeks.

This submission just popped for me today. It was the <$250 Sep special. Logged 10/7. Poppled 10/12

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 17132915 N0: AUTHENTIC 1930 BAGUER CHOCOLATE BABE RUTH Card US
    2 1 17132916 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1933 GOUDEY 74 EPPA RIXEY Card US
    3 1 17132917 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1933 GOUDEY 89 TRIS SPEAKER Card US
    4 1 17132918 POOR 1 1933 GOUDEY 188 ROGERS HORNSBY Card US
    5 1 17132919 EXCELLENT 5 1933 GOUDEY 227 BILL HERMAN Card US
    6 1 17132920 NEAR MINT 7 1933 GOUDEY 234 CARL HUBBELL Card US

I tell you the crackouts are crazy sometimes. The Rixey was a PSA5.5 from an Aug submission, that I thought deserved a bit more. The Speaker was an SGC 5.5 crackout. The Hornsby was an SGC1.5 that I thought could be a 2. I guess the Hubbell PSA7 sort of made up for all of those drops.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I have had my last 2 or 3 subs turnaround within a week or so!!!!Basic cards.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
    All this milk dud and supersized poppage is making me jealous.
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    feeling a little backed up?

Try some Colon Blow

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    If you take away the autumnal equinox, National Golf Day and Moldy cheese day - you are almost there...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • I am also impatiently waiting for my 5 cello packs (crossover from GAI holders) received by PSA on 8/25/10...

Does checking and refreshing 10-20 times a day help?

;0(
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I am also impatiently waiting for my 5 cello packs (crossover from GAI holders) received by PSA on 8/25/10...
    Does checking and refreshing 10-20 times a day help?;0( >>

MUGGSTER ... 10-20 times DAILY? Hell no ... most of us do it 10-20 times HOURLY!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My 4 Tallboys just popped from Aug. 26. The 100+ I also submitted the same day came back last month so can't complain too much >>

my tall boys also popped from last week, maybe they are working on them with other thicker cards...just a guess >>

I think you are right. My 11 card sub of Tall Boys and Bazookas are out since Aug 12 and my 3 card Tall boy sub since Sept.7. On the bright side, both my 400 card subs of regular size issues were done in a week.
    I called PSA again today and they now told me it was because they were out of the sweet spot cases. The cases were suppose to be dlvd yesterday and my cards will ship out early next week. Sounds like the same message they told me 1 week ago.

And you are now just figuring this out.......welcome to the club!!
    Another week. Maybe today?
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Tell them to refund you and ship the cards back, tell them they'll be on the way to BGS as soon as you get them back. They'll get right on them if you put up a stink.
  • Another day. Maybe NOW?

;0(
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I would call customer service. They are usually pretty good at fixing delayed orders if you just alert them to the situation.
  • I feel better knowing that sitting on day 48 I am not alone in the waiting.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Day 47.

it's pretty pathetic when you send in two orders (together) and receive one back on 10/11/10 graded (with two labeled incorrectly)...and yet still waiting on this order to be graded....nothing has changed, all is right in the world.

Then this today-----" I had put your order on my desk but ended up being out for a few weeks".

JOE O, i was so angry when i read this today, but it will not get my cards to me any quicker. I don't even know what to say this.

I may just >>>bump<<< this one for awhile
  • BUSINESS DAY 42 for me. (crossover packs, FYI)

i hope to see us all pop some happiness soon!
  • I'm sorry this happened to each and every one of you.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that PSA will make all of this right. Customer service is very important when running a business, and they know that.
    day 45 for me today.. fingers crossed.. was a pretty easy sub
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    my Tall boy sub also had a label error, going to drop it at a show and save shipping one way image
    PSA response- the holder maker company only sent them (PSA) 1 box of the thicker card holders so they were shorted several holders in their order so no definite timeline on my order. I would be surprised if my order popped by Thanksgiving at this rate. I will be expecting vouchers for my inconvenience
    mine are just regular cards.. so it shouldn't have to go longer then today

you think they could at least pop your grades.. just so you know
    day 46 is here for me..
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Today is World Pasta Day -

No chance of pastage today...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
    Finally poppage for me. I will post the results when I get the cards in hand. Hopefully they will include vouchers but I will not hold my breath.
    congrats!! maybe your sub was holding up the rest!! now the flood gates can open!!!
  • Happy World Pasta Day!

Most, if not all of you are waiting for individual cards, but I also am impatiently waiting for grades and wanted to share. I sent in 5 cello packs (GAI crossover) that were received by them August 25th, exactly 2 months ago. However, they did remind me that it was only 42 BUSINESS days.

Today I found out from PSA customer service that they are waiting on the holders and they were expecting them to come in TODAY. It was not affecting grading cards and no, they would not give me my grades.

I think I'll go check their site again again to see if they are ready yet....

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Got my poppage today, business day #46 for a 12 card tallboy sub, not very kind on the grading either.

------
    stupid print dots

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Day 55 (calendar). I expected it would take two months. I hope that's all it takes.
    still waiting at day 48.. (biz day)

still waiting on my august 106 cards...won't even go for the jokes hereimage
  • cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    day 41 for me on an oversized sub. The last one took 45 days
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
    day 49 coming to a close.. but I think I get what is happening..
  • Ouch, hope I don't have to wait till Christmas for my order that was logged in on the 15th. image