Home Precious Metals

Congratulations to silver! New all time high: $49.82!!!

Comments

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe over $41 in quantity for APMEX ASEs...
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you know that the Mint raised the premiums on these. The shop I used to work at has to pay +$2.85 per coin when it buys monster boxes, and at that it is limited in how many it can buy.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    Now over 37.25!
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now over 27.25! >>

?
    Paul
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The highest comex close in 1980 was $48.00, not $37.+ AS STATED ABOVE >>

I believe that would be a 31 year high. Title saya 30 year high. image

• fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096

<< <i>I think above $37.15 close is a record close. The $50 mark was an intraday high. So, the OP will have to read, "Congrats to silver for an all time high!" soon. >>

This was the quote that I was referring to.
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
    Sorry, thought you were talking about the thread title.

So, I guess the next question is will we finish above $37.50 at the close. I noticed the silver prices on eBay are going nuts!!!
    Now $38+!
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bingo
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Yahtze!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight flush!!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
    Grand Fizbin!!!
    If we can get above and stay above $38.50, we just might touch $40.00 before the end of tomorrow if things keep going the way they are.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Grand Fizbin!!! >>

Fizbin
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two steps up, one down, two steps up, one down. Now repeat . . .
    Now over 38.35...
    One step for mankind, one giant step for silver!!!
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-G-N-U-L-P-S Capt.??????

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>E-G-N-U-L-P-S Capt.?????? >>

You forgot the exclamation point.

!-E-G-N-U-L-P-S

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Failing miserably.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    When it pulled back to $26 and change at the end of January, (just 8 short weeks ago) I said to myself, $25 and time to load up the remaining IRA into paper (SLV). Missed that rocket image
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
    Now 38.75+
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP should now read "all time high" on the close. But I reckon we won't board the PM Love Boat until we pass $50. image
    Run Forrest, run!!!
    Should be Jack Benny by morning!!!!!

YEEEEE-HAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Now over $39!

<< <i>Now over $39! >>

Jack Benny it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Now over $39! >>

image >>

But will it stay there for 60 years?

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Now over $39! >>

image >>

AH, someone else that remembers a great and funny gentleman. I wonder if he got to gamble with those $100 bills that got put in his pocket

at his funeral?
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? No mention of gold >$1450? image

He can't get no respect. Interesting that most grains and sugar are tanking at the same time. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
    I'm sure that CNBC is lining up another Warren Buffet interview to quickly dispell any notion that precious metals might possibly be a good longterm hedge and/or investment right now because, well - as everyone can see, the commodity complex is not doing very well, which of course points toward deflation and an economic recovery. Or something.

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Now over $39! >>

image >>

But will it stay there for 60 years? >>

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bets on $40? Tomorrow, this week, next?
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure that CNBC is lining up another Warren Buffet interview to quickly dispell any notion that precious metals might possibly be a good longterm hedge and/or investment right now because, well - as everyone can see, the commodity complex is not doing very well, which of course points toward deflation and an economic recovery. Or something. >>

They will say that the high price of gas is preventing a selling spree because people cant get to the stores to sellimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

<< <i>Bets on $40? Tomorrow, this week, next? >>

I don't think we will get there today but if things hold and keep going the way they are, we will hit it this week. If it slows, it will be next sometime next week. I am sure there will be a small pull back with people selling but what they put out there will be gobbled up in short order. This may all be due the Fed Reserve buying Treasuries while people holding Treasuries are dumping them.

It might be good for metals but the dollar is going to start taking hits.
    Now $39.25+!
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure folks saw this from 3/29 but I didn't until today.

Dorothy Kosich (got merits here/around?)

Bullish outlook for silver on surging industrial demand -Silver Institute/GFMS
  • BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Kewl ! Soon we'll be able to walk into a car dealership with a "Monster Box" & drive out with a New car image
    Gosh. How many times can this same saintly goose get "cooked." image

roadrunner
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    $40 this week baby! image
    Sure would be nice to hit $39.50 before the close. Just one little surge and we got it! image
    Gosh. How many times can this same saintly goose get "cooked."image

I dunno, probably as much as red copper can turn brown? Whatever the case, as long as it keeps failing miserably, whether it is true or not - it sure makes me look smarter all the time.image

Whoosh! Was that $39 in the rearview mirror?

I knew it would happen.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure that CNBC is lining up another Warren Buffet interview to quickly dispell any notion that precious metals might possibly be a good longterm hedge and/or investment right now because, well - as everyone can see, the commodity complex is not doing very well, which of course points toward deflation and an economic recovery. Or something. >>

Recovery? image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

<< <i>

Recovery? image >>

But then all one has to do is to note that Buffet was probably one of the largest physical silver investors of all time. His 120 MILL ounces of silver gathered between 1996 and 2006 is one of the largest private hoards ever in modern times. So when Buffet says he doesn't understand digging PMs out of the ground, only to dig another hole to safeguard them, he's talking tongue in cheek. He knew darn well what an amazing investment it would turn out to be. But the govt felt it was bad karma to have their poster boy for capitalistic exuberance also being the poster child for precious metals. So off went the stash to SLV as he proceeded to the head of the line when sweetheart govt deals were being offered up in 2008 following the BSC and Lehman failures.

Like Greenspan, a leopard can't change their spots. Once bitten by the PMs bug, always a PM bull, including old WB.

roadrunner
    Now over 39.50!
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭✭
    GSR is now under 37 (36.99 as I type).
    $40 is here!!!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haza