Home Precious Metals
Options

News on the hockey pucks (plus ASE proof and Coin composition)

It looks like the Mint won't put the edge lettering and will reduce the diameter.
These 5oz "quarters" won't even be the exact duplicates of the quarters.
I think we weren't that wrong choosing hockey puck as nickname!

ASE Proof, Hockey pucks and Coin composition

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still do not see how a 3" 5oz silver piece was this damn difficult.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet Dan Carr could have made these without any problem.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bill has to pass first.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    I like the designs, but hope the pucks aren't giant quarters. They deserve better.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The bill has to pass first. >>

That's true...like counting your chickens before they hatch...Most of that type of bills die of old age
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see any chance (so it probably will image ) of this passing this year. Even if it does, there will be another excuse not to mint the proof ASE's. I have zero faith in any word that emanates from the mint. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to put aside some $$$$ just in case it does... maybe get that subscription in.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't need a new law authorizing the mint to strike proof ASEs. They're striking proof AGEs in the face of high demand for bullion non-proof AGEs aren't they?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    Govtrack.us follows proposed legislation as it moves through Congress.

Here is the link for HR 6162..... "To provide research and development authority for alternative coinage materials to the Secretary of the Treasury, increase congressional oversight over coin production, and ensure the continuity of certain numismatic items."

govtrack.us HR 6162

I believe Congress breaks for recess - Nov. elections - on October 8th...

Edited to add: **** Passed the House; 'read' twice in Senate; referred to the "Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs" **** Here is a link to the committee website: link
  • Options

<< <i>Don't need a new law authorizing the mint to strike proof ASEs. They're striking proof AGEs in the face of high demand for bullion non-proof AGEs aren't they? >>

Not according to the Mint ... demand has dropped...planchets now available for the proof AGE's
  • Options

<< <i>Govtrack.us follows proposed legislation as it moves through Congress.

Here is the link for HR 6162..... "To provide research and development authority for alternative coinage materials to the Secretary of the Treasury, increase congressional oversight over coin production, and ensure the continuity of certain numismatic items."

govtrack.us HR 6162

I believe Congress breaks for recess - Nov. elections - on October 8th... >>

Note: NO co-sponsors!

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    And Congress has recessed until after the elections.......
  • Options
    So HR 6162 down the crapper ... image