Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

"Never Ending Giveaway" ***Starting Over*** New rules...Lord minivan wins wins

Comments

• Options
    PoppeePoppee Posts: 154 ✭✭
    I'll give it a whirl....................

Thanks!
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    me too, too

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    thankyou for the chance and happy b-day to me,image
    toner loner
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds good!
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭
    Random number is 52. DBSTrader2 is the winner.
    image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    WOO-HOO!! Just found out I won that lovely lady!! Thanks, Mark!!image

Not expecting to win, I hadn't thought about my package more than in general terms, but, seeing as how I collect Lightside & Darkside in Whitman blue folders, not to mention Euro's, 1-per-country, and other assorted items, I believe it will be an eclectic lot. No slabs, however, as they're out of my league.

- - Dave image

Stay tuned.......
  • Options
    I apologize to everyone for not getting my giveaway up yet....... between constantly shovelling out from under the snow & taking care of business before my last day at work (part of Verizon's most recent cuts), it's been non-stop.

But I'm going thru my stuff today & tomorrow, and should have it up by the weekend of Feb 5th.

Thx for your patience!

- - Daveimage

Updated to indicate I'll have the items ready by this coming weekend. Halfway thru gathering everything!
  • Options
    Yep - sounds good
  • Options
    OK, EVERYONE.....

Sorry for the delay............

It's time for the next item(s) up for grabs in the "Never-Ending Giveaway"!!

What my collection lacks in retail value, I hope it makes up for it in "interesting value".

The next give-away includes the following:

(1) replica "Ben Franklin 'Fugio' Cent" in plastic display holder
    (1) carded "Coins of Israel" Jerusalem Specimen Set - -1967 (6 coins)
    (1) carded "Coins of Israel" Jerusalem Specimen Set - -1969 (6 coins)
    (1) plastic-cased "Coins of Israel" Official Mint Set - -1971 (6 coins)
    (1) plastic holder for 1999 Canadian "Millenium Quarters", including 4 coins
    (1) plastic holder for 2000 Canadian "Millenium Quarters", including 6 coins
    (1) 2006 Canadian "pink ribbon against Cancer" quarter
    (1) 2006 Canadian "Olympic Loonie" dollar coin
    (1) 2004 Canadian "red poppy" quarter
    (1) 2001 Canadian "Year of Volunteers" dime
    (7) Canadian nickels, various dates from 1939-1968
    (3) Canadian King George V cents (1932-1934)
    (1) toned 1962 Canadian cent
    (4) British large cents 1913-1963
    (1) British 2-Shilling 1965
    (2) British 1-shilling coins ("English" 1963 & "Scottish" 1965)
    (2) Brass British 3-pence (1942 & 1960)
    (1) Butt-ugly 1965 Churchill/QE2 coin

Sorry, no pics available.

This contest will run for a week, starting now. Anyone not already on the list who wants to join in, please add a post below here & I'll add everyone's name & number once I place a "cut-off" post next Sunday eve, after which I will randomly draw the winning number/name.

GO!!!.........................

- - Dave

• Options
    No additional "contestants" signing up this week? image

Latest giveaway will be "closed" tomorrow (Sunday) eve Eastern time & the winner announced via random # generator.

So anyone else out there had better sign up quick!

- - Dave image
  • Options
    It's nice to be back in action after so long. If you dont mind I'm in image
  • Options
    OK......................

Giveaway #13 is now closed, and a spin of the wonderful "random generator wheel" (courtesy of "Mathgoodies.com") has identified the winner as....................

#43 = "KiltedOne"image

CONGRATS!!!!

Kindly PM me your address info, and I'll send your package along to you!

And don't forget to put your own giveaway up here ASAP.

Thanks!

- - Daveimage
  • Options

<< <i>Giveaway #13 is now closed, and a spin of the wonderful "random generator wheel" (courtesy of "Mathgoodies.com") has identified the winner as....................
    #43 = "KiltedOne"image >>

Thank yo so very much! I am so jazzed that I won! Thanks for doing this an making my day! I'll have my return Karama giveaway up shortly!!!

Update 2/24/11: Package was received today from Dave and I am so delighted! The items picked were awesome. I don't have any darkside coins, and this has now gotten my interest up. Thank you again for such a great and diverse selection.

Brian
    "I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way." - Franklin Pierce Adams

Positive BST Transactions: kalshacon
  • Options
    Here is the next "Never Ending Giveaway" for Week #14. Winner will be announced on or about Friday Feb 25th using the random number generator.

This give away will minimally consist of the following items:

1) 1963 D FDR Silver Dime MS-67 FB (as graded by the Gallery Grading Company)
    1) Set of 2004/5 P Westward Journey Nickel Series in a Whitman acrylic case
    1) 1961 Proof Lincoln Cent in air-tite
    1) 1957 Proof FDR Silver Dime in air-tite
    1) 1961 Proof Jefferson Nickel in air-tite
    1) 2009 P BU Lincoln Cent LP1 (Log Cabin) in air-tite
    1) 1979 D SBA Dollar - Nice golden album toning in air-tite
    1) 1942 P Jefferson War Nickel (G) in 2x2
    1) 1890 P Indian Head Cent (VG) in 2x2
    1) 2009 P Puerto Rico Territorial Quarter (BU) in 2x2
    1) 1943 P Steel Lincoln Cent (VF) in 2x2
    1) Delaware Coach Company Transit Token in 2x2
    1) United RY. & Elec. Co. Baltimore Transit Token in 2x2
    1) 1956 D BU Lincoln Cent in 2x2
    1) 1971 D BU Lincoln Cent in cello
    1) 1993 P BU Lincoln Cent in cello
    1) 1980 S Proof FDR Dime in 2x2

Best of luck!
    "I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way." - Franklin Pierce Adams

• Options
    Thanks for the chance...
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    I love these eclectic collections being given away!image

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    this has lured me over from the sports forum.

what needs to be done ?
  • Options
    TheHun:

First, you must divest yourself of all your soccer card holdings............... image

WE'VE LURED ANOTHER ONE OVER!!! imageimage
  • Options
    Latest giveaway will be "closed" 11:59 Friday evening Eastern time & the winner announced on Saturday Feb 26th.

• Options
    Okay everyone. Contest #14 was closed at 11:59 PM EST on Feb 25th!

Thanks to all those who have played so far, and a special thanks to DBSTrader2 for his awesome giveaway which I received within days of my reply to his PM. Thanks so much!

Using the random number generator on www.mathgoodies.com, the great enumerator in the sky selected between 1 and 57 and spat out #2 - RyGuy

Please join me in offering my congratulations to RyGuy for being the winner of The Never Ending Giveaway #14!!!!

In keeping with the rules and tradition of the Never Ending Giveaway, please send me a PM with your mailing address and as soon as you post the items for giveaway #15, I'll get your package in the mail. Hope you enjoy my eclectic selections.

Brian (Kilted One) Mackay

• Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭
    Thank-you so much, Brian! I will post some items for my giveaway shortly.

• Options
    Where is the next giveaway?
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭
    I'm gathering up a few things for my giveaway. I will post what it includes, as well as what system I'll be using to determine the winner this weekend.
  • Options
    PriestPriest Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Thank You, I'm in.

D.A.Priest
    D.A. Priest
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Sign me up.
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where is the next giveaway? >>

I was wondering myself.
  • Options
    RyGuy contacted me yesterday and let me know that he regrets that he has had to pass on being the winner of the last drawing. He did however ask me to select another winner from those in the pool.

I want to thank RyGuy for being such a standup guy and offering this to someone else who can also appreciate the wild ride called "The Never Ending Giveaway"

So, without any more delay ... the random number generator spat out ........ # 48 Poppee

So Poppee --- I'll PM you for your addy, and as soon as you post your give-away for all to see, I'll drop the package in the mail.

Thanks again RyGuy --- I'm sure Poppee thanks you too!

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, this giveaway hasn't ended yet??? image

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like it ended but definately has stalled...
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Still waiting to hear from Poppee ....

• Options
    Well I tried folks and don't seem to have any luck in getting any response from the last winner.

Since this was the second time, I am going forward and donating the last giveaway I received from DBSTrader2 to the local club for the monthly YN give-away. This way I don't have any bad Karma coming my way ;-)

Maybe this will pick up again in the future if anyone else wants to move it forward.

It was fun while it had momentum, but once the steam gave out it died a slow death.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I will start again...This is a NEVER ENDING GIVEAWAY
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>I will start again...This is a NEVER ENDING GIVEAWAY >>

if its a new one im in

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    it's M R D Q not m r q d .. hate to see mrqd come up and someone create that name and scam us.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Hey Jim, is that the Peace dollar I traded you at Christmas a year or so ago? If it is, I hope I'm still in! I miss her. image
  • Options
    I don't know...could be

• Options
    im in
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your efforts Musky. This is a great idea. People just need to follow through.

image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    Please add my name to the list, and thanks for the chance,MoJo, image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to join as well. Thanks.
  • Options
    Musky, Has the start over stalled ?
  • Options
    yes... Another refusal to participate..new winner picked

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, it looks like I'm up.

I guess this will be what, #15, then?

How about this...

First...

imageUSA: eight-piece mixed lot, cents through dime, 1907-1956
    This lot consists of the following coins: 1907 Indian cent (VG+), 1928 Lincoln/Wheat cent (VF+), 1945-S Lincoln/Wheat cent (Red BU), 1948-S Lincoln/Wheat cent (Red BU), 1956 Lincoln/Wheat cent (Red BU), 1907 Liberty nickel (G), 1934-D Buffalo nickel (G), and a 1912-D Barber dime (G). All are problem free and pretty much what you'd expect, I reckon. The 1907 cent looks almost Fine. I'd call the 1945-S cent MS63 RD. The 1948-S cent has some nice gold color and looks particularly nice, in my opinion- it's the prize of the lot, probably. I'd call both it and the 1956 cent MS65+ RD. The 1907 nickel is a pretty typical low grade piece but at least it has a full rim on the reverse. The Buffalo nickel and Barber dime are both typical low grade pieces.
    Here are some slightly larger scans: (Obverses) ~ (Reverses)

Next... one 1989-S US proof set in government packaging (purple box)- no picture handy.

And finally, one ancient Han Dynasty Chinese coin (circa 206 BC to 220 AD) with "Wu Chu" (or "wushu") character inscription. No picture of this, either, but there's a picture of a similar one on this page. (Look at the first coin picture you see when you scroll down- the one in the bigger picture. The one I am giving away here has a tiny bit of that green patina but not nearly as much as the one in the picture. It's darker and has a somewhat more ragged edge, but it's identifiable to the period.)

Oh, yeah, and one of my custom wooden dollars, too.

PS- just to add an element of mystery and fun, I will also take out one of my stockboxes of assorted labeled (inexpensive) coins, hand it to my nine-year-old daughter, Victoria, and let her pick out one coin that looks "cool" enough to add to the kitty. One additional mystery coin, in other words. This way not even I will know in advance what it is going to be. Victoria is young and not really a numismatist, so who knows. It might be something worth 35 cents and it might be something worth three to ten bucks. Could be old, could be new. Could be US and could be foreign, but odds favor the latter. It will likely be something appealing to a nine-year-old, naturally. There might even be some small silver in the box but who knows. I will do only a cursory scan before I hand the box to Victoria to pick the mystery coin- just enough to make sure I'm not accidentally giving away a $100+ coin, y'know. Who knows what the kid will find interesting and pick. She has good taste in artifacts sometimes.

Since I'm on and off the forums lately (and much more off than on), I might not be around exactly when this closes a week from now, but I'll try. In the event of my absence, Musky1011 can draw the winner for me. (I dunno- it might work that way anyhow?) I do promise to check back in when I can.

I haven't entirely forgotten that I still have another modest giveaway running on this forum, so maybe I'll try to draw the winners for that one around the same time.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to join the fun, if possible.

Thanks!
    imageimage

• Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920

<< <i>OK, it looks like I'm up.

I guess this will be what, #15, then?

How about this...

First...

imageUSA: eight-piece mixed lot, cents through dime, 1907-1956
    This lot consists of the following coins: 1907 Indian cent (VG+), 1928 Lincoln/Wheat cent (VF+), 1945-S Lincoln/Wheat cent (Red BU), 1948-S Lincoln/Wheat cent (Red BU), 1956 Lincoln/Wheat cent (Red BU), 1907 Liberty nickel (G), 1934-D Buffalo nickel (G), and a 1912-D Barber dime (G). All are problem free and pretty much what you'd expect, I reckon. The 1907 cent looks almost Fine. I'd call the 1945-S cent MS63 RD. The 1948-S cent has some nice gold color and looks particularly nice, in my opinion- it's the prize of the lot, probably. I'd call both it and the 1956 cent MS65+ RD. The 1907 nickel is a pretty typical low grade piece but at least it has a full rim on the reverse. The Buffalo nickel and Barber dime are both typical low grade pieces.
    Here are some slightly larger scans: (Obverses) ~ (Reverses)

Next... one 1989-S US proof set in government packaging (purple box)- no picture handy.

And finally, one ancient Han Dynasty Chinese coin (circa 206 BC to 220 AD) with "Wu Chu" (or "wushu") character inscription. No picture of this, either, but there's a picture of a similar one on this page. (Look at the first coin picture you see when you scroll down- the one in the bigger picture. The one I am giving away here has a tiny bit of that green patina but not nearly as much as the one in the picture. It's darker and has a somewhat more ragged edge, but it's identifiable to the period.)

Oh, yeah, and one of my custom wooden dollars, too.

PS- just to add an element of mystery and fun, I will also take out one of my stockboxes of assorted labeled (inexpensive) coins, hand it to my nine-year-old daughter, Victoria, and let her pick out one coin that looks "cool" enough to add to the kitty. One additional mystery coin, in other words. This way not even I will know in advance what it is going to be. Victoria is young and not really a numismatist, so who knows. It might be something worth 35 cents and it might be something worth three to ten bucks. Could be old, could be new. Could be US and could be foreign, but odds favor the latter. It will likely be something appealing to a nine-year-old, naturally. There might even be some small silver in the box but who knows. I will do only a cursory scan before I hand the box to Victoria to pick the mystery coin- just enough to make sure I'm not accidentally giving away a $100+ coin, y'know. Who knows what the kid will find interesting and pick. She has good taste in artifacts sometimes.

Since I'm on and off the forums lately (and much more off than on), I might not be around exactly when this closes a week from now, but I'll try. In the event of my absence, Musky1011 can draw the winner for me. (I dunno- it might work that way anyhow?) I do promise to check back in when I can.

I haven't entirely forgotten that I still have another modest giveaway running on this forum, so maybe I'll try to draw the winners for that one around the same time. >>

What did Rob say? image
  • Options
    Stalled again ???