Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Lonelyp's Give a way WINNER ANNOUNCED LAST PAGE

Hi Gang,

This signup is going to be a long runner.
Back in 1980 I started working for my company. This is a small company, only about 50 people at most. Oct, 28th will be the last day of my 29th year, or first day of the 30th. I still like my job, and the people I work with.

Anyway..I'm going to have a give a way.

The prize will be a 1980 uncirc mint set, or I may add more prizes to pick from. I have plenty of time to do it. image

It will be a random draw, just post here to sign up. ONLY ONE POST PLEASE.

I'm going to reserve the first 2 posts in case I want to add notes, or pics, or whatever.

Let the signup commence.

Paul image

PS.
All 30 years have been nights, either second, or third shift (8 hours), or 12 hour shifts 8pm to 8 am.
(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Comments

• Options
    SMALL UPDATE:

I have the 1980 uncirc set on hand. I will PM the winner when picked.

I have some other years of mint sets on hand, and will offer to swap years if the winner has a prefrence other than 1980, and I also have that year on hand.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    reserved

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 years at one company is an accomplishment these days.
    Good for you!

I have ~13 years at my current. Prior to that, I was 1-2 years at entry level jobs (and 4 active years in the Army).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in
    Retired from 35 years with DoD
    Full time coin dealer since then (2 yrs.)

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    March 6th I will have 35 years with my company. It's also my wife's Birthday. It's a bitter sweat day for me as I can't wait to retire because I hate my job, but I absolutely love my wife!
    Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options
    Company sold twice but still there after 19 years.image
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    32 years on my knees....... finishing concreteimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.5 Years and counting....
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14.5 years down, 15.5 years to go. It that the top of the hill I am seeingimage
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. 2 years at my current job.
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    February 14th made it 13 years. Still love what I do!
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    Hello. I have been at my current job for 12 years and am just outside Philadelphia, PA. I enjoy life and take nothing for granted and appreciate and respect people.
    I had POSITIVE transactions with the following 31 members == Mach19 - Robkool - KollectorKing - ASUtodd - Coppercoins - Kalshacon - Whatsup - Commoncents05 - Cartwheel - Marmac - Thatoneguy - Collectorcoins - Delistamps - Bestmr - Cwazzy - Ajia - Nefprollc - Grote15 - Rampage - Grip - Rpmhunter - Chumley - 2272DavidG - Utahcoin - Cohodk - Ajbauman - Sportsmoderator1 - Sevensteps - Windycity - Pitboss - Starfish
  • Options
    21 years now on this job. only 3 people at my shop. me, the owner and one helper. 12 years at the prior job but that place shut down and went to china.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    WhitWhit Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    28 years as a mathematics professor ... (yes, one of those academic "idiots"!)

I still enjoy the research, the students, the committee work, and talking math....

Whit
    Whit
  • Options
    DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    26 years, 22 of them on nights.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    32 years as a telephone lineman/splicer...climbed a few poles
  • Options
    25 years at my last job. Been retired for 6 years.
    Enjoyed the job but enjoy the retirement better.image
  • Options
    determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    24 years in cardiac surgery at the same hospital. (perfusionist)

Now that I write it I can't believe it's been that long.
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been a flight test engineer with the DoD going on 9 years.

Congratulations on retirement! I think I have about 35 more years to go image
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a television newscast director for over 13 years. Thanks for the giveaway! image
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I've been at the Navy Base I work at for over 23 years.
    I worked for 1 company for 10 years and the next for over 13 years.
    During the 23 years, I was a programmer for 8 years and got into network/computer support for the next 15 years.

Can you tell I don;t change all that much?
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my present employer for 20 years trying to keep the whole town image.

Thanks for the chance lonelyp.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    count me in & thanx!

been 3+ years working as an independent contractor.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    42 years and really first and only ever job....other than the part time stuff in high school

right out of high school in 1968... started Pac Bell that became AT&T that became Lucent and is currently Avaya...
  • Options
    Congrats on 30 years and thanks for the chance!

And I feel your pain with the overnights. I just started working at a railroad yard roughly 3 months ago doing 6:30pm to 6:30am. Getting soaked with rain was nice with the humid days but now that's getting around 50 degrees at 3am in the Chicago area it's not too much fun image Rain gear works but it's so damn hot so most of the time I'll just get soaked and dry off working. I deal with freight (any cointainers or trailers - pretty much anything a semi truck carries). My job mainly consists of locking/unlocking/removing, or putting these in for double stacked containers:

They weigh about 10-15lbs a piece so after removing or adding roughly 750 of these a night not to mention locking/unlocking them with a hammer it becomes quite tiring image
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    30 years at my company this past June 20th... still like it, have 8 more to go... or maybe 2...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    LmmanLmman Posts: 156 ✭✭
    2.5 years since I've worked for a company.
    Donavan
  • Options
    Congrats on retirement....I did 22 years, 2 months, 16 days active military andddd so far 12 years 6 months civil service. I WANT TO RETIRE, Waaaaaahhhhhhimage
    Ilikacoinsawholebuncha
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    36 years in same line of work...24 years with one company and 12 self-employed

Thanks for the giveaway.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    I have been at my current job 1yr 1mnth. My last job I was at for 10 yrs.

• Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Please count me in. 17 years at current job last Wednesday.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two years into retirement... but 20 years at my last job. Thanks for the chance... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for including me! Congrats on your job. I am in my dream job now and hope to be here as long as you've been at yours.
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's long term man...congratulations on your commitment and relationships at the office.
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    July 6, 1987 I started working at a small Town DPW, if all goes well I will work another 6+ years.

Bob
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    FredFFredF Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    30 years - that seems like forever. Congrats. Thanks for the chance.

Successful BST (me as buyer) with: Collectorcoins, PipestonePete, JasonRiffeRareCoins

• Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, please add me.

retired for 3 years after working 33 post college.
  • Options
    smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Congrats, only 1.5yrs so far for me.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    6 months, new graduate. Thanks!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    I'm in, 8 year at present job. 7 at last.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONGRATS !!! Currently 5 years & 9 months as a part-time longshoreman... 11 years & 4 months full-time was the longest at my other former electronics job. image
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!

~
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Please throw my name in the hat.

Thanks,
    Dcamp78
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    I've been self employed for the last 25 years, I still can't believe how well I'm treated there.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    WTG at the same co for that long.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    count me in thanks
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options
    I'm only 13 so I have zero years image

Thanks for the chance though!
  • Options
    in
  • Options
    Dont forget me!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins