Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone have a coin tattoo

Anyone have a coin tattoo on a body part? Have you ever thought about getting a coin tat?

About as close as i will ever get is my wife made me some Buffalo nickel curtains for my home office.
Mark
NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"

Comments

• AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    Someone posted one some time ago, maybe the search function would help?
  • AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    Just checked...use the search function and you will find multiple threads on the topic. image
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    Cant say that I have. Ive seen a few famous people tat a $100 series 1990 on their back. Came out looking good actually. If i was to do that I would have to do a large size national. Something of either rare bank or a home town bank note. Still thats too wild for my blood. I stick to my closet cent box searching
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None here.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Never will.
    Will never have ANY tattoos.

That said, Dizzyfoxx is the one I think Athena may be thinking of.....he got a commem tattoo I believe.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nope.
    Never will.
    Will never have ANY tattoos.

That said, Dizzyfoxx is the one I think Athena may be thinking of.....he got a commem tattoo I believe. >>

No pics stored to share (maybe someone else has one out there in forum land), but yes, I gots one.
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    I got ink but not of coins image
  • goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    My avatar is a tattoo....but it's not mine.
  • jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    got Yosemite Sam holding a bag of cash in one hand and drinking a beer with the other on my arm lol does that count?
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got Yosemite Sam holding a bag of cash in one hand and drinking a beer with the other on my arm lol does that count?

we need pictures of that one! image

no tattoo's here ... although I came relatively close a couple of times

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a timely subject. At 53 years old I got my first tattoo just two months ago.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No tattoo here... even after my years in the Navy, somehow managed to avoid that. Have contemplated it several times in the ensuing years, but never actually did it. Cheers, RickO
  • Anyone know if Scott E. Bizarre stills runs that tat shop outside the main gate at Travis AFB?

• << <i>got Yosemite Sam holding a bag of cash in one hand and drinking a beer with the other on my arm lol does that count? >>

Counts for something
  • lsicalsica Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭
    Got this one. It's an interpretation of De Francisci's first reverse for the Peace Dollar

Philately will get you nowhere....
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    never had a tat as my body is a temple....just cant get anyone to worship thereimage

<< <i>Got this one. It's an interpretation of De Francisci's first reverse for the Peace Dollar

image >>

That is a gorgeous work of art!image
  • The ANA should offer a line of coin themed Temporary Tattoo's for the BadAss wannabe's geek image
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭

<< <i>never had a tat as my body is a temple....just cant get anyone to worship there >>

Good line - I will have to remember that one
  • RebelRonRebelRon Posts: 544 ✭✭
    Tattoo....???...Why?image
  • baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got this one. It's an interpretation of De Francisci's first reverse for the Peace Dollar

>>

Very nice interpretation of the original, color adds something to the design.

No ink on me ...

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • rsdoug81rsdoug81 Posts: 682 ✭✭
    WOW. I hadn't even seen this thread before I went and got my second tattoo this past December. The Fugio seems to be the way to go as far as coin tats are concerned. I guess it's not all that original, but I enjoy telling folks at the gym from where my design came. I got to compare tats with a WWII vet who got his 70 years ago. Fun time! SO...here's mine. The artist was from Uruguay, so we went with a hybrid of Franklin's and a Uruguayan sun. Also, the pic is taken at an angle, and my letters aren't crooked. It kind of wraps around. The picture was taken right after I got inked, so it's a little gory.

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is some kind of ironic juxtaposition for me. No, I do not have any tattoos.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have freckles. Under a loupe they look like brown wheat cents. image

<< <i>I have freckles. Under a loupe they look like brown wheat cents. image >>

I love when I get a good unexpected chuckle. Good one image
  • jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    I actually have a coin tattoo....it's about 25 years old and I forgot I even had it, even after I started reading the thread...maybe I'll post a pic, I don't know if it's worth the hassle at the moment though.
  • LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    I always thought the Liberty from the WLH would make a great tat
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    none of that type here.

<< <i>I actually have a coin tattoo....it's about 25 years old and I forgot I even had it, even after I started reading the thread...maybe I'll post a pic, I don't know if it's worth the hassle at the moment though. >>

How can anyone forget that they have a tattoo? image

• PerryHall- it is easy to forget. I have 17 and had to count them just now. None can be seen when I dress in regular clothes and whatnot. Gte me in my birthday suit and I look like 2-PAC.

This is gonna be #18, but "Cut Here" in Arabic so Haji knows where to put the dull knife as they yell Alluha Akbar!

<< <i>This is gonna be #18, but "Cut Here" in Arabic so Haji knows where to put the dull knife as they yell Alluha Akbar! >>

Dang! I sure wouldn't want to give them any ideas.image

• The ones I tend to run into already have the playbook written and camcorder charged upimage

They have certain rules for dispatching different types of people, sad but true.
  • MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭
    I imagine that at least a few numismatically interested individuals seek to have their coin tats created using "double-dye."

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?

• << <i>Nope.
    Never will.
    Will never have ANY tattoos. >>

I agree with you 100%; I don't want any tattoos either.
  • RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Fugio tats posted and no "Mind your own business"?
  • Didn't Ben Franklin have a Fugio tattoo?

I have no tats and probably never will.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No tattoo here... even after my years in the Navy, somehow managed to avoid that. Have contemplated it several times in the ensuing years, but never actually did it. Cheers, RickO >>

in this crowd i am too...being a sailor who never got inked is rare too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• rsdoug81rsdoug81 Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I wanted the "mind your business." As history fans, we know what Ben had in mind with this phrase. The wife was afraid it would be misinterpreted as rude by some. Happy wife = happy life.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>no >>

Becky
    No tats but I gave it some consideration periodically in the past.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing here. No desire for one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file