Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shield Cents are EVERYWHERE

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
I must have gotten two dozen in change over the last few weeks.

Different story on the 2009s though, found my first logsitter laying in the parking lot a few days ago...only one Ive seen.

Comments

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they are. I have 40+ box's dont know why but I have them, My banker still ask me if I want more. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also just made it to my town. I picked up a handfull of rolls. They seem to be at most of the local banks that I was scrounging at this week. I was wondering if it was worth stocking up on a few boxes before they are gone?

Maine_Jim
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee I guess Im small potatoes here since Im happy with one or two nice ones.....rather that two hundred pounds of them. image
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive actually not recieved one Shield Cent yet, would like to pick up a few but no luck up here. Ive been getting tons of wheats though. Talked to local dealer, he said that a person turned down his offer for wheats/mems mixed and took them to the bank. Took me a while to track down what bank but it was worth it.
  • Options
    Yea, I'm actually get quite sick of looking at them image ....the more I see them the more I think "Man, that bank box I have isn't worth anything now." - and that is the very FIRST time I have ever scored a bank box of that year issue. Then again, The Mint did pump out over 2 billion of these things so far. image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still pretty scarce here, only seen a couple. And ONE dime..... no nickels or quarters. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten to the point where I'm disappointed to see those shiny 2010's in my change, wanting to get some stuff with a little patina on it. I had a 2010 on my desk I was working on browning up by handling it at my desk, but seem to have misplaced it...or those cleaning people ran off with it.image
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me wonder where the Lincoln commemorative cents are that were supposed to be "in storeage" because of the lack of demand due to the economy.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting them in change pretty regularly...

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>This makes me wonder where the Lincoln commemorative cents are that were supposed to be "in storeage" because of the lack of demand due to the economy. >>

I was wondering the same thing...then again production totals for all 4 designs equals the same give or take a few for the 2010 production figures. Don't forget - I can guarantee one out of every 3 collectors has at least a roll of one of the 4 designs stashed away somewhere.

Maybe the 2010's leaking into circulation is a sign the economy is picking back up? Or maybe everyone is just hoarding the pre-82's hoping for some future legal melt?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive been getting plenty of 09 cents and 2 2010 dimes with 1 shield cent. its just not there this year for anything image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file