• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for watching, guys!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite pack rips on the internet!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Much appreciated! I've still got two packs of '70 OPC to rip into. There's something about the 70's OPC Baseball that just calls to me.
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>My favorite pack rips on the internet! >>

And by the way - that means a lot to me. I know there are a lot of sites doing pack rip videos now - so it's really cool to know my fellow CU board buddies are getting a kick out of them.
    Jeff
  • Options
    As much as I enjoyed ripping into the '71 OPC baseball last time around - I decided to continue the theme with two fresh packs of 1970 OPC Baseball this time! I love these cards and nothing would make me happier than a minty fresh Thurman Munson rookie. Wish me luck! WATCH NEW VIDEO HERE

Jeff
  • Options
    NICE!

Great stuff as always

fyi...Ryan is not in 1970 O-Pee-Chee
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Great stuff!
  • Options

<< <i>NICE!

Great stuff as always

fyi...Ryan is not in 1970 O-Pee-Chee >>

Good to know. Thanks for the kind words!
    Jeff
  • Options
    Very cool, a nice Gibson and Stargell. I heard you sigh when you realized it wasn't the Yankees Rookies you wanted. Really good for two packs of OPC, two HOF's and Bowa.
  • Options
    Thanks for watching the videos, fellas! The cards in these two packs were in amazing shape - especially for early 70's OPC. Steve's got some incredible packs from this era on hand at the moment.
    Jeff
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    It's great to watch your rips - but please narrate the name of the player on each card as you go though them!

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>It's great to watch your rips - but please narrate the name of the player on each card as you go though them! >>

Probably not going to happen, but I appreciate the suggestion.
    Jeff
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Jeff, great job on the latest rip. Stargell and Gibson are not bad for two packs. Almost had us for a minute with the Yankees Rookie Stars.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
  • Options
    I love that guy in the background who says "ooohhhh" LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Yes - the Yankees rookies definitely got me too! I thought I hit the money card. Honestly - I throw in a lot of the sound effects, just to keep things moving and add a little spice. Upon review - I realize how much silly stuff comes out of my mouth while trying to fill dead air. This is where the sound drops come in handy. I'm glad you guys appreciate them.
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Honestly - I throw in a lot of the sound effects, just to keep things moving and add a little spice. Upon review - I realize how much silly stuff comes out of my mouth while trying to fill dead air. This is where the sound drops come in handy. >>

I hear you on that. Try talking while changing records on a turntable after every song because someone got drunk and broke the other turntable...LOL. Thank god we had plenty of promo tracks to give me a break once in a while.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>I hear you on that. Try talking while changing records on a turntable after every song because someone got drunk and broke the other turntable...LOL. Thank god we had plenty of promo tracks to give me a break once in a while. >>

It definitely gives you a new appreciation for talk radio DJ's.

Jeff
  • Options
    Just scanned this in for a fellow board member, so I figured I'd post it on this thread. This was the Stargell that I recently pulled from the '70 OPC rip.

Jeff
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    great videos...really enjoyed them...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Love the videos. Great card.
    My favorite ball players throughout the years: Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy, Ellis Burks, Lance Berkman
  • Options
    Thank you, guys! I'm itching to open some more here soon.
    Jeff
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    How's the surface of that Stargell card? Wasn't that the wax card? That's a heck of a card! Nice rips, as always!
  • Options
    The surface is great. Used some panty hose on the wax and it's as good as new.
    Jeff
  • Options
    TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Stargell! The Bowa rookie looked pretty nice, both should bring some good $. Keep ripping.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    I recently tracked down a 23-pack lot of 1986 Panini Supersport. I'm not going to post a video of the rip since there are so many packs, but I'll definitely post any nice hits.

Jeff
  • Options
    My mail is usually pretty boring - lots of sale flyers, bills and an occasional magazine. Today's mail was different. I had a small, but well packaged box from a business in the Chicago area. It's not just any business, its the Baseball Card Exchange - the mecca of all things unopened...and awesome. After tearing through a few layers of packaging, I was greeted with a glorious vision...

Two unopened wax packs of 1966 O-Pee-Chee Baseball, courtesy of Steve Hart and the good folks at BBCE. And with this latest arrival - I'll be pursuing PackGeek Pull Goal #5 - a 1966 OPC Mickey Mantle! The odds are not in my favor, with only five cards per pack - but this has never stopped me from foolishly ripping into expensive unopened materials in the past... dun dun dunnnn... (insert horribly dramatic movie trailer voice) and somethings never change.
    Jeff
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jeff ... when do you intend to rip them? GOOD LUCK! Hope you get THE MICK!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I plan to rip them this weekend, but it may be early next week. I'm pretty excited about this one, as it's the oldest product I've opened yet.
    Jeff
  • Options
    NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

this is going to be EPIC!
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Very cool! Good luck with the rips. I sold that Mantle in an 8 for 775 last month. It would be amazing to pull one from a pack!
  • Options
    Good luck, Jeff! Can't wait to see the video!

• Options

<< <i>PS You should keep the pack flat on it's back as you open it, this way the gravity pulls evenly over the surface as apposed to any 1 edge or corner ... and use a sharp little night to slide open the "door" if it's sticky. >>

~don't forget the white cotton gloves~

geesh Paul! LOL let him enjoy the rippage! lol
  • Options
    Plant your feet firmly....address the ball....Helloooo Ballll, now SWING!!!!!!!!

• Options
    My technique may be lacking, but man do I enjoy the feeling you get in your stomach when you tear into a nice wax seal.

And sorry guys - I don't believe in rubber gloves. Gloves should be reserved for someone that actually knows what they're doing image
    Jeff
  • Options
    Good luck Jeff ... oldest pack I ripped was a '65 Cello last year. It was fun.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    jeff good luck on your rip i busted open a pack of those last month and it is a great feeling i didnt fair well 2 oc cards 3 commons but it was a blast 1966,1967,1971 opc are my favorites to break...good luck..terry
  • Options
    GL -Fingers crossed for you. I hope you pull a Minty Mantle image
  • Options
    Thank you guys!! Let's hope there's at least a couple of mint cards in there.
    Jeff
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the new video! I just went through your old videos the other day. Fun stuff! image
  • Options
    Thanks, Jeff - it's been way too long since the last one. I'm hoping to do a lot better about posting regularly.
    Jeff
  • Options
    I am also looking forward to another quality production and sending positve waves for that Mantle.

BTW, Paul forgot to mention about laying the packs down on a bed of bubblewrap before the ripping commences as the packs open easier if they are comfortable. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    And if you play "Mozart" in the background the cards will slip very easily out of the pack.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>And if you play "Mozart" in the background the cards will slip very easily out of the pack. >>

I think that also helps the gum relax and slid off the cards as well.

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>And if you play "Mozart" in the background the cards will slip very easily out of the pack. >>

I think that also helps the gum relax and slid off the cards as well. >>

<---- is still rooting for a Minty Mantle image
  • Options
    You guys are cracking me up. But let's not forget - these cards are Canadian - I'm not going to try to understand what they like.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Jeff, all Canadians like one of these... image Just don't let it spill on them. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>Jeff, all Canadians like one of these... image Just don't let it spill on them. image >>

I can handle that!
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>But let's not forget - these cards are Canadian - I'm not going to try to understand what they like. >>

Then play THIS in the background while opening! They will walk tall out of the packs by themselves!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug