Home Precious Metals
Options

Free groceries!

When to the local supermarket to pickup a few items for the weekend, while at the checkout, the young man remembered me. We had discussed old coin on a prior visit. Said that the next register had just taken some old coins, ask the cashier if I could look, 12 SLQ for $3.00. I gave the young man a tip, but still came out to the good.

12 SLQ appx. value of $39.30 with silver @ $18.11
The glass is half full!

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    NICE!!!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    must be rough times if people are spending their silver coins for fv OR perhaps a kid stole from grandpa. Good score!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did these SLQ's have dates?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Dates were: 1925(4), 1926(2), 1927(1), 1928(1), 1928-S(1), 1929(2), 1930-S(1). I thought about the kid angle but the cashier said it was a middle aged lady.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good fortune ... but your groceries were not free...image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."