Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE National Group rip sign up thread - OPEN TO EVERYONE

13»

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill is already in Baltimore on vacation (pre-National), so he's on a little less than normal these days. It's all sold out, and you should be able to pay now.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you enjoyed the videos, Jeff. I've been watching a lot of wax break videos lately, and I decided it would be a fun wear to share our adventures with other collectors. I need to work on the video quality though.

Jeff
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you enjoyed the videos, Jeff. I've been watching a lot of wax break videos lately, and I decided it would be a fun wear to share our adventures with other collectors. I need to work on the video quality though.

Jeff

I liked the sound effects--the cha-ching when you pulled the Yount and the booing crowd when the pack was a dud was especially entertaining, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thank you. Pack rip videos are usually pretty boring unless you're opening up super expensive product or you get some high dollar pulls. I'm working on shooting some rip videos that have a little flair and a little production value behind them. Thanks again for watching my silly videos. I can't wait to see what the rest of the board members pull!
    Jeff
    Jeff
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't wait to see what the rest of the board members pull! >>

$400 worth of 76 Topps better produce a high end Eck or I'm gonna cry image
  • Options
    Sorry, been shopping all day in tax free Delaware with the wife and kids. Back to school shopping done. Now the rest of my funds can be pizzed away on cards.

Feel free to send payment. Steve sent me an email Friday that said all packs for those not attending will be shipped out no later than Wednesday.

P.S. Found a card shop in the mall in Delaware. Bought a few random packs and a box of some carp.
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Payment sent

Jonathan, you have sent $48.20 USD to Steve.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Payment sent too.

Derek, you have sent $253.12 USD to Steve.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient .
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Payment sent.

Thanks again Bill

and Jeff I might take you up on your offer to piggyback on your sub. I am no longer a memeber and have a few things worth sending. PLUS whatever I pull here.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    The money has been sent!

Scott, you have sent $224.60 USD to Steve.

Thanks to Bill for getting this together.

For those heading to the National be safe and I hope you'll have a great time!

I'll have settle on opening these packs here at home and hopefully get at least 1 of my 4 subs (logged in today!) to pop by this weekend.
  • Options
    It appears I made an error on the 78 cellos. I did the price per pack based on 36 packs not 24 even though I listed the total number of packs correctly.

The difference per pack is $7.50. Anyone in the rip that got 78 cellos, please check your PM's.

If anyone doesn't want their 78 cello packs at the correct price, please PM me and I will take them. Sorry for the mixup.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Paid!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Just sent payment
  • Options
    The money has been sent!

Adam, you have sent $506.80 USD to Steve.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient .
  • Options
    Sorry I've been traveling... money just sent

Ken
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    For those that are meeting at the BBCE table, I doubt very seriously that I am going to be able to wait until Saturday. Actually I will be shocked if my packs remain unmolested until Thursday morning. image
  • Options
    You should still meet up with us so you can watch the rest of us get waxed!

That didn't sound good...
  • Options
    Bill asked me to post this for him... it looks like he fell off the wagon! Bill, time to hand in all of your chips. image

• Options
    gotta ask how is the centering on the 76s and the 79s?
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Jeff, thanks for sharing!! Put those cards with the gum stuck to them in the freezer overnight, gum will pop off in the morning. John

P.S. Steve Garvey has yet to make the baseball hall of fame although I believe he is in the horn dog HOF

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    PAID in full! Thanks again, Bill, for setting this up!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Jeff, thanks for sharing!! Put those cards with the gum stuck to them in the freezer overnight, gum will pop off in the morning. John

P.S. Steve Garvey has yet to make the baseball hall of fame although I believe he is in the horn dog HOF >>

The gum actually came right off the cards in the '75 packs, which was a nice surprise. And you're absolutely right about Steve Garvey. I always want to put that guy in the Hall.
    Jeff
  • Options
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up my 6 packs of 1975 minis at the National today, and they were horribly OC. Did pull a Yount rookie that wasn't OC............it was MC. image
  • Options
    I feel your pain.
    Jeff
  • Options
    I just got home from Baltimore, and finally ripped my packs. I don't have too much time to share details because I'm freaking tired and going to bed, but I opened a killer pack of '75 Mini... I pulled a Munson, Brett, Carlton and Palmer in the same pack, consecutively!!! HOLY CRAP!!! All are OC in their own special way, but still a trill to say the least! I'll scan them tomorrow after work. That was one hell of a finish to an unforgettable weekend!! image
  • Options
    Okay, here's the scan... I pulled all of these in the SAME PACK, CONSECUTIVELY!! Not to mention a Charlie Hough as the wax card, plus a dead centered common. I'll take it! image

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WOW ... that was an AMAZING pack!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Still waiting on my 75 mini and 86 FB to arrive but I did receive a message that they would be sent when Steve got back from the National.
    Hope to have them by the weekend!
  • Options
    Im waiting on mine as well as a couple of those 75s that were offered during show
  • Options
    Hopefully these come today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    In a moment of weakness last night, I busted open my '78 and '79 cellos (instead of getting them slabbed). That was a mistake. The '79s were all bent around the gum, and the '78s were not much better. No hits. Oh well... at least I got my taste!
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I wish I would have spent all my money on the 86 football. In four packs I have about 15 cards that could get 10's. Razor sharp and the centering was great. I have a solid Montana and Smith. My best card is a chilhood favorite. Otis Anderson. The card is a dead lock 10.

The 78 cellos were not good. Zero star power and not many if any will get submitted. I never really liked opening cellos looking for mint cards but it was fun.

I will get the scanner working later if anyone is interested.

Thanks again
    Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    I agree. The 86's and the 79's (football) were all really sharp.
  • Options
    My 4 - 86FB and 18 - 79FB packs were a let down. No star power in the 86s plus 2 cards and the insert per pack were throwaways.

A half a box of 79s yielded just 5 star cards with one of them being a dup. All but one of these was tilted as was a large part of the rest of the cards. Got a good bit farther on my raw set though! It figures the one card (Payton) I hoped to get in submittable form ended up being the worst card in all the packs, very tilted and nearly miscut!

There maybe a few submittable commons it there somewhere if I feel like gambling someday.

• Options
    Yeah, the insert card in the '86 pack was practically glued to the card it was facing. Mine happened to be a Payton. Luckily, in my one pack I pulled a solid Payton base card. That was about it.

The biggest, and more expensive disappointment were my five '76s. Very poor centering with tilts and MCs, and lots of corner dings. Not sure if any of them are even submittable. That sucks at $42.50/pack. It was cool to open packs from the year I was born though. I want to eventually build a set from 1976, so it's not a total loss.
  • Options
    if anyone would like to move their commons from the 1975 mini rip please let me know... I'm slowly building a set.
  • Options
    Here we go!

• Options
    Go get 'em K!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    The 76 packs have the 1974 wrapper variation!

• Options

<< <i>The 76 packs have the 1974 wrapper variation! >>

Please explain... I have no idea what variation you speak of.
  • Options
    1976 cards with 1974 wrapper.
  • Options

<< <i>if anyone would like to move their commons from the 1975 mini rip please let me know... I'm slowly building a set. >>

Leathtech: if you're interested - I have a stack of sharp, but OC '75 mini commons from my rip. PM me your address if you're interested and they're yours.

Jeff
    Jeff
  • Options
    Before stashing my 86 and 79 rips away in my raw boxes I weeded out a few to put in CS1s. Here is the best of the lot...

Probably the best shot at a 10
  • Options
    Bets 86 FB was an Eric Dickerson. The 100Ys Club was Peyton but a Charles Mann card was face to face stuck togeter with it. Now it looks like someone did many lines of cocaine off it.

The 75 minis were a disgrace. The were ALL cut so badly top to bottom there were name remnents on top and bottom.
    Nice star ower thoughLolich, Brooks, 65 MVP (Brest card in the pack, Kingman, Boog Powell, Gorman THomas, AMis Otis, Brewers Team card.

Oh well. Can't win them all
  • Options
    My 75 mini's were the best centered I've opened. Nothing in the 86 FB. A nice Munson in the 78 cello.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Sweet Munson!

• Options
    My packs sucked. There was a couple of commons in the 75s that might be gradeable. My concern with them was that there was no gum in one of the packs.
  • Options
    This Brett just popped, came back a MINT PSA 9 (MC). (shocker)

I actually asked for no qualifiers, but they vetoed it. I'm okay with the result, in fact I'm ecstatic about the 9 part. Could be worse... could be an 8 (MC)! image

• Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    I finally had my sub pop from this rip tonight. I dropped it off while at the National. I only ended up submitting two cards, but I think I did okay.

1975 TOPPS MINI 641 JIM NORTHRUP 9
    1978 TOPPS 72 ANDRE DAWSON 10