Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone recognize the maker of this bar?

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
I got no hits on ebay

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmmm......Could it be an Engelhard bar? Maybe Engelhard Canada bar????? Honestly I do not know. I was just making a wild guess on that.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    bamafanforsure has sold this bar before. Sells for a premium if I recall, but not a giant premium though. Bars like this appeal to those that collect old pour silver bars.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    I heard of that ebay name before. I think that this ebay seller for a while also was selling several "diamond-shaped" .999 pure silver items. I could be wrong on this but I think the "diamond shaped" silver items were 5 troy oz's of .999 pure silver. The only reason that I remember this because the ebay seller named bamafanforsure seemed to be the only one that was selling this unique and other old poured style silver bars.

I still think that the bar in the OP is an Engelhard (or Engelhard Canada) old poured style silver bar but then again I could be wrong on this. I think that Engelhard has a lot of different style old-poured silver bars back then.

EDIT: It is possible that it could be a JM bar that was minted in Canada. I think that there were old poured style JM bars that were minted in Canada. Then again I could also be wrong on this. Just a couple of wild guesses on my part.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    JM of Canada had silver bars with a maple leaf on them and the words JMC on them. This is just another of the hundreds and hundreds of old pour bars made by people/companies long gone.

Bamafanforsure sells many bars that are odd and sometimes he is the only one even selling them which made you wonder........
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and sometimes he is the only one even selling them which made you wonder........ >>

After all, our own Gecko experimented with crude home made bars ...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help. I have some of the Canadian JMC bars. It would be cool if this were an Engelhard piece. But being silver is good enough. I searched the net and found lots of silver makers marks but mostly for silverware