Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official New York Mets 2010 Mediocrity Thread...can we break .500???

13»

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya know it's funny, when I first glanced at the score of the game and saw the 14 for Arizona, I thought for a second that I might have glanced at the score of a preseason football game.

ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .............................
  • Options

<< <i>Guys ... I made my debut at Citifield today ... Man, the METS SUCK!

HOWEVER, that is one beautiful ballpark. My friend got some AMAZING tickets ... Section 18, row 14 ... by home plate ... even the concourse on that level is AWESOME! He invited three of us to go with him free of charge. Leather seats ... waitress service ... face value, even at a DIAMONDBACKS game, was about $250.00. Fun to go to, but I would NEVER pay that amount to see a game! Even got my free "HALL OF FAME METS HAT". >>

That does sound like a great time at the ballpark, and ya sure can't beat the price..."free of charge". image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>ya know it's funny, when I first glanced at the score of the game and saw the 14 for Arizona, I thought for a second that I might have glanced at the score of a preseason football game.
    ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ............................. >>

Steve ... ya better look at the rules of football ... the METS had "1" at the time! HAHAHAHAHA yeah they SUCK right now!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ya know it's funny, when I first glanced at the score of the game and saw the 14 for Arizona, I thought for a second that I might have glanced at the score of a preseason football game.
    ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ............................. >>

Steve ... ya better look at the rules of football ... the METS had "1" at the time! HAHAHAHAHA yeah they SUCK right now! >>

I've heard rumors that the Mets suck so bad, that depending on the opponent, the commissioner is gonna announce they will be spotted one or two runs, maybe more, before each game sorta as a handicap to help them be competitive. Perhaps even schedule a few games with a senior citizens wiffle ball team to help them win a few games.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    14 and 24.................................

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 and 24.................................

Face it, Steve, this team doesn't have the talent or the aggressiveness at the ownership level to get any better than roughly .500...they may get hot for a while, and tease us all, but ultimately they will revert to being the same old Mets...the worst part is, therew's no hope on the horizon, either, with a minor league system that is mediocre at best, an aging ace starter, and an owner who lost half his fortune to Bernie Madoff, no matter how much he claims otherwise..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Let's Go Mets!

...at least against the Braves anyway. LOL
  • Options
    We need all the help we can get, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>We need all the help we can get, LOL! >>

Mets still have a little shot at the playoffs...I don't often say this...but I truly don't dislike the Mets...it's all just competition in the division...but I truly do dislike the Braves...I just can't stand that team...so please beat 'em a few more times for stevek. image
  • Options
    < We need all the help we can get, LOL! >>

Mets still have a little shot at the playoffs...I don't often say this...but I truly don't dislike the Mets...it's all just competition in the division...but I truly do dislike the Braves...I just can't stand that team...so please beat 'em a few more times for stevek.

We will do our best to honor that request!

P.S. I know you also have that ticket stub from Opening Day at Shea in 1964 in the back of your sock drawer next to the '73 Belmont program...image

• Options
    Thank you Mets. We appreciate the win.
  • Options
    bases loaded, nobody out, thank you Mets!
  • Options
    two more runs, thank you Mets.
  • Options
    Mets got a Philly player out? I don't believe it.
  • Options

<< <i>Face it, Steve, this team doesn't have the talent or the aggressiveness at the ownership level to get any better than roughly .500...t >>

Yeah I know, actually I knew that on June 18th.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Face it, Steve, this team doesn't have the talent or the aggressiveness at the ownership level to get any better than roughly .500...t >>

Yeah I know, actually I knew that on June 18th.

Steve >>

I gave Tim some good advice and told him to hire an exorcist...he said the hourly rates were too high and that he was waiting to get a "two for one" special to include his 2010 Jets thread.

• Options

This forum needs a thread cap.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I'm looking at the standings and the PCT, and it says the Mets are at .495 - I'm new to the game...could someone please explain what that means?
  • Options
    Title mercifully changed to better reflect our actual state...

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Title mercifully changed to better reflect our actual state... >>

Ah....that explains it. Surely I couldn't have missed this thread for so long. I stand by my comment a few months ago that the Mets needed to trade for a middle infielder to replace Castillo and Tejada at 2B before the deadline. That is one bad platoon..Too bad the Marlins weren't futher behind or you might have been able to trade for Uggla, who I think would be a great fit for the Mets whenever he departs south Florida.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I still think the Mets will improve and possibly in 3011 have a chance at winning the NL East.
  • Options
    Tricky dickey strikes again.

I do root for him just because he is one of the last knuckleballers.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    LETS Go METS*

*applies only when playing Phili and only when Phili has better record than Mets
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    grote15 changes the title and the stinkin' Mets one hit the Phillies - please change it back to the original title. Thank you!
  • Options
    Who gets fired first.. HoJo or Manuel? I'll say HoJo because the Mets can't hit!
  • Options
    Mets are an embarrassment right now...but at least Freddy got to recreate his Ebbets Field, right??