Home Precious Metals
Options

Congratulations to gold - New all time highs! $2400+!!!

Comments

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for 1345
  • Options
    Now over $1350!
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    These are huge moves in usually quiet overseas markets. Parabolic indeed!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "TO THE MOON, ALICE!!!!!!!"
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Now 1355+!!! Next target 1358.2
  • Options
    "POTRZEBIE!!!"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Updated for 1360!
  • Options
    Update again!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be quite active this morning. Any news that might be causing this?

Added: I don't see jack. There is nothing unusual in the financials at this hour. It's just a "phenomenon", I guess. Feels like 1979. I would get home after work, and spend time adding up the numbers in various columns. The days before spreadsheets...
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for a "downdate." Daily low of $1325. Sweeping away those stops.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Still dropping FAST!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options

<< <i>Time for a "downdate." Daily low of $1325. Sweeping away those stops. >>

No need to exagerate. 1326.5 is the comex low, a fantastic buying opportunity.

Just a healthy retracement along the way up. Less than $25 lower than the prior day's close, this move is NOT excessive. It just seems that way since it went up $16 higher before declining. This whole move up has been rather devoid of such "scary" retracements, we were overdue for one. This is a great buying opportunity.
  • Options

Wasn't exaggerating as I took $1325 directly from the goldseek.com websiste. The number is still up there on their expanded 24 hr chart: $1325.72. I know better than to fool with gold facts. The $1369 image will have to wait a little bit more. And I am buying on this retracement.

RR69s
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Time for a "downdate." Daily low of $1325. Sweeping away those stops. >>

Just a healthy retracement along the way up. Less than $25 lower than the prior day's close, this move is NOT excessive. It just seems that way since it went up $16 higher before declining. This whole move up has been rather devoid of such "scary" retracements, we were overdue for one. This is a great buying opportunity. >>

Just remember, at these levels $25 is less than 2%. Now, back at $300, $25 would have been huge!
    TD
  • Options
    Updated for 1370
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably another Mint repricing for their Gold proof products at Noon today.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Yeee Haaa! Heading to $1380 with a bullet!
    Feel just like Slim Pickins ridding the Bomb in Doctor Strange Love...
    Could clear $1400 buy morning at this scary @$$ rate of dollar devaluation!
    Can't wait to fill my truck with $9 gas and eat my $20 happy meals.
    So when exactly does the S hit the F?
    I propose it's the day after we can no longer afford to read about it here, then it will be official.

Good luck everyone - strange days ahead.
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    Now 1380!
  • Options
    Now 1385!
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Peaked at $1386 & change, currently headed back down at $1377.88
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    Now 1391.8!
  • Options
    The bottom line is this: For gold, there's not just one big bubble to pop. In fact, there are likely to be a lot of mini-bubbles that'll burst along the route through the current economic morass. Think of the bubbles fizzing in a glass of sparkling wine.

(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
  • Options
    Now 1396+!
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now 1396+! >>

D'oh!
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    You gold guys are lucky! I sold all my gold some time ago. All I have is a plastic bag full of Platinum Eagles that no one buys any more. LOL O, and lots of walking liberty halves, Rosie's, pre 64 quarters, and old silver dimes. I guess I will go hungry when the dollar collapses!
  • Options
    $1400 gold is here!
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold just dropped below $1400 again.

All is well! image

Edit: Gold just went above $1400 again.

We're doomed! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    On a tear today, 1405.4+
  • Options
    $1,407.00
  • Options
    $1,407.30
  • Options
    $1,405.90
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    It is logical to think that absolute panic is close at hand for those short precious metals, especially silver.

$30 for silver is within reach as early as Wednesday when the monster POMO hits.
  • Options

<< <i>It is logical to think that absolute panic is close at hand for those short precious metals, especially silver.

$30 for silver is within reach as early as Wednesday when the monster POMO hits. >>

I will be panicked to sell when it gets to $30.00!
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    Now the question is...which will silver hit next: 30...or 20??
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    I'd love for it to hit $20 or even $18 before it hits $30
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options

<< <i>Now the question is...which will silver hit next: 30...or 20?? >>

Neither .. $25 range will be the going price for a while ... until the "hockey pucks" are priced & then it will go up to $30 in no time ... (that's my crystal ball talking & I have no control over it nor do I accept any responsibility for it's fortune telling inaccuracy) image
  • Options

<< <i>It is logical to think that absolute panic is close at hand for those short precious metals, especially silver.

$30 for silver is within reach as early as Wednesday when the monster POMO hits. >>

Yup .. those who shorted since you posted that comment are laughing all the way to the bank.
    No one can accurately predict short term swings with any sort of accuracy. To many unknown variables involved.
  • Options
    It goes up, it goes down, I think the long term trend is still up.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd love for it to hit $20 or even $18 before it hits $30 >>

$18 would be a gift from the Gods.

I thoroughly welcome these drops in prices.

They are a great buying opportunity.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    Now 1425!
  • Options
    This gold bull is one strong bull. Please don't feel sorry for those of us who keep waiting for gold
    to pull back a little to load up some more. image
  • Options

<< <i>This gold bull is one strong bull. Please don't feel sorry for those of us who keep waiting for gold
    to pull back a little to load up some more. image >>

Everyone following the monthly gold trading thread knew to hop on long ago, if they believed me... image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This gold bull is one strong bull. Please don't feel sorry for those of us who keep waiting for gold
    to pull back a little to load up some more. image >>

Everyone following the monthly gold trading thread knew to hop on long ago, if they believed me... image >>

I actually bought 10 ounces in the 1150-1220 range when it settled there for a month. That was a major buy for me. I was waiting
    for it to come back into the 1250 range, but if never decided to.
  • Options
    Now 1430+...
  • Options
    Yup .. those who shorted since you posted that comment are laughing all the way to the bank.
    No one can accurately predict short term swings with any sort of accuracy. To many unknown variables involved.

I wonder how many of those shorts got incinerated as silver quickly bounced off $25 and never looked back. Yeah, silver back to $18-$22 was a "sure" thing a few weeks ago. The laughter cuts both ways. The primary known variable is that fiat currencies have been in a steep decline for years. It's commodities payback time for the 1980's and 1990's. The trend has been quite obvious since about 2002-2004 to anyone willing to pay attention. $30 silver might become like $9 silver was just a couple of years ago.

roadrunner
  • Options
    New all time high today. Would be a great sign to close above 1432.5 (previous ATH).

Update: Now above 1435, looking to close the session easily above previous ATH, although some go by the COMEX close which was 1431.2.
  • Options
    Climbing higher... 1440+
  • Options
    As anticipated, the US Mint repriced their Gold bullion (AGB & Pres. Spouse) products today...
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As anticipated, the US Mint repriced their Gold bullion (AGB & Pres. Spouse) products today... >>

Yes, OPA, the Gold Buffalo is now $1710!!!

The 2011 Plat Proof (sweet design) is gonna drive the prices of the previous years (2009 & 2010) further up in value.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.