Home Precious Metals

Fed Reserve gold vault

derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bank job anyone? image

Fed Reserve Gold Vault

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Thanks alot Derry! After seeing those pics, now I want to just throw my stash in the garbage!image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks alot Derry! After seeing those pics, now I want to just throw my stash in the garbage!image >>

Again with the size matters angst??????

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks alot Derry! After seeing those pics, now I want to just throw my stash in the garbage! >>

When is your garbage pick-up day? image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks alot Derry! After seeing those pics, now I want to just throw my stash in the garbage!image >>

But yours is real.

<< <i>

But yours is real. >>

No....its all gold plated tungsten...isnt that all the rage these days?image
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be mistaken.... but aren't the two pictures showing the inside of the vault with the individuals weighing the bars, etc., from the last audit.... about twenty years or so ago? They sure look familiar.....
    ----- kj
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bank job anyone? image

Fed Reserve Gold Vault >>

You just ran that because one of the cable networks was running "Die Hard With A Vengeance" lst night, didn't you???

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    Funny you should mention that. Tunnel scenes were filmed in Charleston, SC. My father-in-law was an "extra" and ended up with one of the foam "gold" bars as a souvenir.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report is dated five days from now. If they can't tell the truth with the date, what makes you think the rest of the numbers are accurate. Wonder why they use a book value of $42.2222 per troy ounce? Their $11 Billion in holdings is actully more like $300 billion at current prices.

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Report is dated five days from now. If they can't tell the truth with the date, what makes you think the rest of the numbers are accurate. Wonder why they use a book value of $42.2222 per troy ounce? >>

At the bottom of report; "Last updated 4-9-10"
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did any of you get the chance to watch: "Life after People" on the History Chanel? There was an episode that touched on the Gold in the FRB in NYC. If my memory doesn't fail me, it indicated that the only trace remaining of Humans having ever populated the Planet 200,000 years after we're gone, would be the Gold vault, now 400' under water, of the FRB in NYC.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official govt gold price of $42/oz is one way to minimize the impact of gold's market price rise over the past several decades. Hey, if the govt only believes the darn gold is worth $42/oz, or will be back to that number down the road, then why should J6P think otherwise? The London Gold Pool of the 1960's was formed for that very reason since the market price of gold was starting to exceed the "official" govt price. The London Gold pool helped to keep the 2 somewhat closely matched until 1968 when they shutdown the operation because of a lack of available central bank gold to dump on the markets. Keeping the price at $42/oz is the last bastion of that "ideal." The govt will apparently never officially recognize a market price of >$42 ounce. After all, it's just a barbarous metal.

In that same one page report they claim that the US Mint gold is audited every year by the Office of the Inspector General. I spent some time at the OIG web site plugging in various search words to find the results of such audits or reviews. Thought it would be interesting. But, couldn't find a thing related to bullion, gold, deep-storage, US Mint, etc.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

<< <i>

<< <i>Report is dated five days from now. If they can't tell the truth with the date, what makes you think the rest of the numbers are accurate. Wonder why they use a book value of $42.2222 per troy ounce? >>

At the bottom of report; "Last updated 4-9-10" >>

Yes, but in much bigger letters and at the TOP of the page is says "Current Report: April 30, 2010." Today's date is April 24. So it this is incorrect, again I ask, how accurate is the rest of the report?

<< <i>The official govt gold price of $42/oz is one way to minimize the impact of gold's market price rise over the past several decades. Hey, if the govt only believes the darn gold is worth $42/oz, or will be back to that number down the road, then why should J6P think otherwise? The London Gold Pool of the 1960's was formed for that very reason since the market price of gold was starting to exceed the "official" govt price. The London Gold pool helped to keep the 2 somewhat closely matched until 1968 when they shutdown the operation because of a lack of available central bank gold to dump on the markets. Keeping the price at $42/oz is the last bastion of that "ideal." The govt will apparently never officially recognize a market price of >$42 ounce. After all, it's just a barbarous metal.

In that same one page report they claim that the US Mint gold is audited every year by the Office of the Inspector General. I spent some time at the OIG web site plugging in various search words to find the results of such audits or reviews. Thought it would be interesting. But, couldn't find a thing related to bullion, gold, deep-storage, US Mint, etc.

roadrunner >>

If the U.S. government truly thought that, then they should be willing to let me back my truck up at $100/oz. Something tells me that this would never fly though.