Home Precious Metals
Options

What company is SSA in regards to silver bars?

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking barsimage I have no clue where they come from?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the Social Security Administration ever send out silver bars to their recipients before they issued checks?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Probably Gecko's grand-pappy fooling around in the garage.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone with a letter and number punch set can make similar bars. They look crude and home made to me.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>Probably Gecko's grand-pappy fooling around in the garage. >>

I can say with reasonable certainty that I was the first in my family line to pour a silver bar!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Probably Gecko's grand-pappy fooling around in the garage. >>

I can say with reasonable certainty that I was the first in my family line to pour a silver bar! >>

But were you the first one to pour anything IN a bar???

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know them. Probably a 1980 basement job. Lot of private work back then.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I've owned two of these a while back and I knew what SSA stood for but can't recall it at the moment. Let me dig through some emails,etc to see if I can find out.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Thanks mkman123

Most do look homemade but the large bar has ribbing on both sides. I think you can kind of make it out in the picture