Home Sports Talk

The 2010 Tim Lincecum thread: No Cy Young Award this year, gets World Series ring instead.

124»

Comments

• << <i>Tim said in an interview that he sat down with his dad and looked over tape of his starts this year and figured out a mechanical flaw, figured out how to correct it... and now you have the REAL Tim Lincecum back in action.

I know that there's been a bit of a power struggle between the Giants pitching coaches and Tim's dad, as well as Tim resting on his two Cy Young Awards and apparently not working very hard between starts. I guess that's been resolved.

Chris Lincecum is a very proud and determined dad that's for sure, never wanting anyone but himself to mess with Tim's mechanics.

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Chris Lincecum is a very proud and determined dad that's for sure, never wanting anyone but himself to mess with Tim's mechanics. >>

Tim's August is a perfect example of what happens when other people mess with his mechanics.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Heh, I totally forgot about this thread.

Final season totals:

March/April: 5 starts, 4-0, 1.27 era, 0.821 whip, 6.14 so/bb
    May: 6 starts, 1-2, 4.95 era, 1.541 whip, 1.74 so/bb
    June: 5 starts, 3-1, 3.09 era, 1.406 whip, 2.83 so/bb
    July: 6 starts, 3-1, 3.02 era, 1.320 whip, 2.69 so/bb
    August: 5 starts, 0-5, 7.82 era, 1.816 whip, 2.08 so/bb
    Sept: 6 starts, 5-1, 1.94 era, 0.936 whip, 6.50 so/bb

October: 5 starts, 4-1, 2.43 era, 0.919 whip, 4.78 so/BB

Who knows what happened to Tim from May through August when he struggled with his command, but when he emerged in September, he suddenly had an elite slider in his arsenal, and was back to plowing through lineups.

I'm excited to see what Lincecum and the Giants do in 2011.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25