Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

(scans posted!) Four months...Deep pockets...A little "luck"...and alot of determination!

Comments

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    You know something? I take the time and effort to make a thread about some very cool cards. Then a few idiots, for whatever reasons (but im pretty sure exactly why), decide to start throwing unwarranted jabs at me. I then get accused of having alts, and am ridiculed because im a fireman? Wow, simply WOW! Many thanks to those who saw my post and enjoyed the cards, and left positive comments. The other 2 or 3 of you need to really look in the mirror and try to find out why you are SO unhappy that you would rather fight over petty crap than to talk about the hobby itself.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You know something? I take the time and effort to make a thread about some very cool cards. Then a few idiots, for whatever reasons (but im pretty sure exactly why), decide to start throwing unwarranted jabs at me. I then get accused of having alts, and am ridiculed because im a fireman? Wow, simply WOW! Many thanks to those who saw my post and enjoyed the cards, and left positive comments. The other 2 or 3 of you need to really look in the mirror and try to find out why you are SO unhappy that you would rather fight over petty crap than to talk about the hobby itself. >>

You took the thread in another direction. And why are you so unhappy that you have to bring an alt to the thread to bring up your income? Nobody thinks any different of you because you make 170-something/year total household.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You know something? I take the time and effort to make a thread about some very cool cards. Then a few idiots, for whatever reasons (but im pretty sure exactly why), decide to start throwing unwarranted jabs at me. I then get accused of having alts, and am ridiculed because im a fireman? Wow, simply WOW! Many thanks to those who saw my post and enjoyed the cards, and left positive comments. The other 2 or 3 of you need to really look in the mirror and try to find out why you are SO unhappy that you would rather fight over petty crap than to talk about the hobby itself. >>

You took the thread in another direction. And why are you so unhappy that you have to bring an alt to the thread to bring up your income? Nobody thinks any different of you because you make 170-something/year total household. >>

He kid, I seem to remember a few months ago that you also "called me out". It was about the amount of calls we received each day. Remember? Cuz if you dont, i'd be more than happy to post your apology to me via PM shortly after you were put in your place on that one. You are wrong here yet again....when should I expect the PRIVATE apology for the PUBLIC bashing?
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Gecko, I was enjoying your cards which Geordie was nice enough to crop. And your occupation is a noble one.

But, I think you adding commentary about your household income really is irrelevant to your original topic, which I had assumed was to discuss your acquired cards and why you really enjoy them. People can see by the cards you purchased that you spent some money. Why not leave it at that?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You took the thread in another direction. And why are you so unhappy that you have to bring an alt to the thread to bring up your income? Nobody thinks any different of you because you make 170-something/year total household. >>

He kid, I seem to remember a few months ago that you also "called me out". It was about the amount of calls we received each day. Remember? Cuz if you dont, i'd be more than happy to post your apology to me via PM shortly after you were put in your place on that one. You are wrong here yet again....when should I expect the PRIVATE apology for the PUBLIC bashing? >>

Yeah I don't know anything about the amount of calls you get, but I am pretty sure most of what you say is stretched truth. Max a credit card to get those cards eh?
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I agree with ThunderDan. It was an enjoyable thread for the most part until you started throwing your wallet around. Then it just ended up being tacky and classless.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>I agree with ThunderDan. It was an enjoyable thread for the most part until you started throwing your wallet around. Then it just ended up being tacky and classless. >>

Was that before or after I was ridiculed by cardgoddess? My response to her was perfectly appropriate. And we wouldnt even be talking about my wallet had he/she/it not posted that idiotic comment....true or false?
  • Options
    "Max a credit card to get those cards eh?"

Pm sent.image
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Did you post the same thread at Net54 or just here to impress us?

Honest question.
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>86K for a physical therapist? What activities exactly are included in those sessions? >>

What do physical therapists make where you live.....in Chicago its from $75-$90k WITHOUT any overtime. If we didnt have a kid, my wife would make enough money for me to be too embarrassed to even talk about! She turns down well over $400/week just in overtime alone so she can spend more time with us. Thats a decision I encouraged her to make. Nothing more important than time with family. >>

The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    in a perfect world Gecko109 would be married to Jamie McCourt.
  • Options
    Fireman Salary

My guess is that he can't work solely as a fireman if he makes that kind of money.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's not to say he doesn't have multiple jobs or is a captain or something other than that. >>

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Roger, Roger.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Fireman Salary

My guess is that he can't work solely as a fireman if he makes that kind of money. >>

LMAO!!! You actually think that a national survey of firefighter's salaries applies to the 3rd largest city in this country? You cant possibly be THAT naive, can you?
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Fireman Salary

My guess is that he can't work solely as a fireman if he makes that kind of money. >>

LMAO!!! You actually think that a national survey of firefighter's salaries applies to the 3rd largest city in this country? You cant possibly be THAT naive, can you? >>

Most Chicago firemen I have know (and I have known many) make a average salary but they all have something going on the side. What is your deal? anything on the side that maybe doesnt get reported like many of the firemen I know??? Besides...why do you always bring up your salary???
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options

<< <i>
    LMAO!!! You actually think that a national survey of firefighter's salaries applies to the 3rd largest city in this country? You cant possibly be THAT naive, can you? >>

It's not a national average, but done by zip code. I had to look up Chicago zips just to get to the information.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's not a national average, but done by zip code. I had to look up Chicago zips just to get to the information. >>

Doesnt matter, im not really a fireman anyway. Thanks for exposing me.image
  • Options
    So do you really have an 88 Fleer Stockton or not?
  • Options

<< <i>So do you really have an 88 Fleer Stockton or not? >>

Lies...all of them, lies. Anything I ever claimed to have, or even posted pics of was all BS. I lifted all those scans from obscure regions of the internet.
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    Just in case anyone is confused, gecko is on the net54 board admitting that he is indeed the original gecko that has deep pockets.

The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    So, do you even own a baseball card?
  • Options

<< <i>So, do you even own a baseball card? >>

I have a few 1987 Topps Kevin Mitchells. Need one?
  • Options
    Hey, do you have the one with the kid who just came from the dentist?
  • Options
    What condition are the mitchells? any psa 10 quality?
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • Options

<< <i>What condition are the mitchells? any psa 10 quality? >>

Finally, we are back on track and talking about cards!!!! Its so nice to be able to discuss cards without the haters jumping in to question me every step of the way!

All 3 Mitchells have serious creases that have caused the paper to break in places. The surfaces arent too bad, if you dont mind an occassional inch long scratch here and there. The corners are VERY sharp...when compared to a typical T206 card, and the color is excellent. They were left on the window sill for 3 weeks last August to try to dull some of that obnoxious orange color where his name appears! Interested in them?
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Finally, we are back on track and talking about cards!!!!"

They are just pointing out how your post says DEEP POCKETS basically saying im awesome and youre not. Just talk about cards and not how many pennies are in your pocket then
  • Options

<< <i>"Finally, we are back on track and talking about cards!!!!"

They are just pointing out how your post says DEEP POCKETS basically saying im awesome and youre not. Just talk about cards and not how many pennies are in your pocket then >>

Again, someone who wants to focus on financial issues rather than the cards themselves. If you'd like to discuss cards, lets do so. If you want to discuss money, there are other forums for that....go find one.image
  • Options
    The point is you brought it up first just by your tittle. it seems You were looking for this type of attention. Most of your post are about bickering and finance and how you are awesome.
  • Options

<< <i>The point is you brought it up first just by your tittle. it seems You were looking for this type of attention. Most of your post are about bickering and finance and how you are awesome. >>

I RULE!!!! YES!
  • Options
    See this was youre intention. How awesome are you gecko? Tell us more
  • Options
    yeah,,he looks awesome!

notice the house has no furniture....prob sold it all to buy crappy conditioned t206's

• Options
    That photograph was taken in Sept of 2006...notice the 3/4 coat and the hip boots? In December of '06 we were the last major department to make the switch to "bunker pants" and had to turn in all our old gear. Incidentally, we bought that house in August of '06. Gee, I wonder why its not yet filled with furniture a whole month after we moved in??? Would you like photos of my current house WITH furniture, or is that still not persuasive enough? What would it take for you to go back to your very unhappy life and leave me alone?
  • Options
    What would it take for you to go back to your very unhappy life and leave me alone?

very happy with myown life, it appears you are the one that is miserable. Find a thread on here that you started that didnt turn into a disaster or you werent whining or chastising other people.
  • Options

<< <i>What would it take for you to go back to your very unhappy life and leave me alone?

very happy with myown life, it appears you are the one that is miserable. Find a thread on here that you started that didnt turn into a disaster or you werent whining or chastising other people. >>

Find a thread in here where you dont jump in and bash someone. 22 posts in a year, yet 3 of them dedicated to me? How are things going down in the Bayou Billy boy?
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>

Find a thread in here where you dont jump in and bash someone. 22 posts in a year, yet 3 of them dedicated to me? How are things going down in the Bayou Billy boy? >>

LMFAO....
  • Options
    Now we know why the 30 bucks Bill "stole" from Gecko ticks him off so much...apparently that was the family's budget for the week!!
  • Options
    Gecko109 = cardgoddess

busted.

• Options
    gecko, you are a lame LOSER.

Using an alt to bring up your income ...SAD.
  • Options
    awesome youre the man now dog
  • Options
    Fighting with ones own alt on a message board is definitly a interesting concept. At least he is never alone when he logs on!!
  • Options
    And now it all makes sense!

Fake fireman robs Chicago businesses
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    does this mean he is gender conflicted?

• Options
    He did the same thing on the Net54 board this week to. Just causing drama and trying to look better than others.

and it looks like hes trying to move some more stuff there.
    Good Luck

Now that you are selling them just days after completion what was the reason for of all of these pointless threads?
  • Options

<< <i>He did the same thing on the Net54 board this week to. Just causing drama and trying to look better than others.

and it looks like hes trying to move some more stuff there.
    Good Luck

Now that you are selling them just days after completion what was the reason for of all of these pointless threads? >>

spam? quitting the hobby? realized he couldn't afford the credit card bill?
  • Options
    I don't usually jump in to the middle of these but I will state that cardgoddess is not gekko.

Unless gekko is an alt for a reg here.

This goes to both sides of this argument:

Learn to ignore people and let them make a fool of themselves all on their own.
    By fanning the flames and participating in the back and forth, in the end, you look just as foolish.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    98! HI CAROL!
  • Options

Also, no more drama threads about who you are or who you aren't. I don't have time for it.

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.