Home U.S. Coin Forum

TEMPTATION *in Hand* Photo Essay~~~1875 Gold Dollar

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
She is in hand. Having just flown in from Texas, Temptation is here and getting to know the rest of the Girls. So far, no one has came forward to call her the snooty B**ch from Philly, not even the mean southern girls (gotta watch that 59C she bites!).....so her and I went down to the swimming hole.....we both got silly, and I took a bunch of pictures of her! ...and yes, first gut view was breathtaking, Rosy Orange Mirrors......

Whatch think?????

the little spike downward, from the bottom jaw, is a diagnostic for the 1875 business strike

The next few macros make think MS60, since I cant really see circulation wear

AND, Joined Wreath Tops image

Comments

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage

woohoo for you!!!!!!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coin... I do like gold... veeeeeerrrrrryyyy much... Cheers, RickO
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! image
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one tough coin. Congrats.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I dont really think the overall importance of adding this coin has sunk in on me yet. Still at the Very Pretty Girl stage, but she was something I HAD to go for....and that trade that worked so well....just a sweet thing. Im doing as much research as I can from here...and Im reaching some interesting conclusions.

My pictures dont really have it totally freaking nailed like the images from the Coinfacts site, and yes, it is indeed the same coin. They did the photo better than I could.

I really think, out of all the coins Ive bought/ sold that this one is the finest and most important one of all.

............and you guys see it all happen right here, in our virtual little coin club in the sky...live action. From the first scenting of the ebay auction in the distance...to the questioning glances to fellow collectors..............the trade proposed...the minions of the govt. set to work ferrying small discs of metal across the country.......and now its all done with, Ive rolled over, and smoked a cigarette! ........................(but I will tell you one thing..there are whispers of a 61D..ssshhhhhhh.....)

imageimage

• Love the coin and the best part is how proud and excited you are so about the acquisition of the coin......I know exactly how you feel...It's why we collect coins.. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new addition. PQ
  • Not only is the coin great, but your enthusiasm is contageous. Now I want to go out and find something really cool for my collection. Congrats on a nice example of a tough coin.

merse

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the color of this piece! Super coin, congrats...image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story, great coin. Enjoy!
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Not only is it rare but the original look makes it one of the best looking in your collection.

Congrats. image
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

A real beauty.Congrats ambro
    For those that don't know, I am starting pharmacy school in the fall. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file