Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Guide Book of United States Coins

is the "A Guide Book of United States Coins" by Yeoman considered the "red book"

Just curious. Never seen one and someone, anonomously dropped a box ('64,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,79,81,82 's) off on my desk at work.

Are these worth keeping?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the Redbook, and worth keeping if you collect old Redbooks. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those years are likely worth $1 or so each, depending on condition, but that's a good start on a set. The early ones and the special editions will cost a bit more.image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a complete set by year, but I don't bother with the special editions and varieties.

For estate purposes the prices in these books have been acceptable to the IRS for estimates of prices paid in situations where the owner maintained no or incomplete records. The books from the first edition though the 1970s are good for retail price tracking. After that the book becomes less relevant.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file