Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Unsearched roll with gold quarter eagles!

Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now here is the ultimate unsearched roll!!

Anyone here think its a legitimate unsearched roll?image

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you check out the other rolls UNsearched he is selling? wow would love to check out some of those rolls.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes two rolls in a row on this board with a Civil War token and then a quarter eagle in a roll with stripped paper. Excuse me, but I'm getting suspicious that perhaps a little "roll seasoning" is going on. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

<< <i>This makes two rolls in a row on this board with Civil War token and then a quarter eagle in a roll with stripped paper. Excuse me, but I'm getting suspicious that perhaps a little "roll seasoning" is going on. image >>

Mmmm roll seasoning...

No returns, 'nuff said. What's to say these are not counterfeit coins too?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bovine fecal meter, this one pegs it at 'TOTAL'. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    It cracks me up that people actually believe this crap. The rolls are common Kmart specials. You can buy these rolls at all major store chains.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    I heard a story about a bank teller finding a $2.5 gold Indian in a 50c roll of lincolns.
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    and the Easter bunny is coming too.
  • Options
    I have no knowledge about this particular seller, but it seems to me the "unsearched" cent roll concept has morphed over the years. This is how I remember it going:

2-3 years ago --> simply "unsearched"
    2 years ago --> "unsearched" bank Wrapped/found in an old bank/vending route, etc.
    In the last year --> "unsearched" with a teaser semi-key showing (like a 1909 s showing ...could it be the VDB?)
    In the last 6 months --> "unsearched" with gold coins, and other nice early types (could it be the 1916D mercury?)

Maybe this one is legit, but I wouldn't bid...it's just too convenient that these nice rolls keep showing up with amazing possible key/semi-key coins showing on the end.

What's that saying? if it sounds too good to be true...
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd send it back if it didn't have all 50 cents!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I get these all the time from my bank.
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No longer there. :-(
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Randy Savage "Boom Baby" dug them up and now has them for sale? image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Baley's example, my guess is someone spent $350 too much for a roll of go fish, but one never knows until they "GO FISH".
    24 hour sale. image I miss them all the time.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unsearched, estate, old couple roll gimmick continues to do well, and will go on forever. The same sellers continually list these rolls all the time, with a gem/key, or hopes of a key on the end. There is a never ending supply of buyers willing to gamble. No one wins but the seller. In the case of the Indian quarter eagle, the buyer will probably receive a cleaned piece, worth half what he paid. No different than 3 card Monty at Penn Station, the players never win.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file