Home Sports Talk
Options

Pujols to Philly?

BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
Such is the loose rumor circulating through the offices at ESPN. I'm sure Philly fans would be dismayed by such a trade, seeing as how Howard was a better 'fit' for the Phils than Pujols would be, but there's no doubt that St.Louis fans would have some misgivings about this trade as well.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phillies have gone to the last two World Series without Pujols on their team, won one of them, and are favored this season to do it again.

Ryan Howard is a better fit for the Philadelphia Phillies.

Case closed.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Howard is peaking...

Pujols is plummeting...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the best trade you make is the one you don't make. That applies here for both teams.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Is this an early April Fool's Joke?
  • Options

<< <i>Phillies have gone to the last two World Series without Pujols on their team, won one of them, and are favored this season to do it again. >>

This is the reason why the team also failed to make down the Carlos Ruiz for Joe Mauer and Jamie Moyer for Tim Lincecum trades
    Tom
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Howard is peaking...

Pujols is plummeting... >>

Just like

Kendrick Perkins is peaking...

Lebron James is plummeting...

Shane

• Options

<< <i>Howard is peaking...

Pujols is plummeting... >>

That's hysterical.
  • Options
    Prince Fielder for Albert Pujols would make a lot more sense.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is anyone of equal value for Pujols in the league. Even A-rod isn't worth it due to his age versus Pujols.

Howard might veer off into Adam Dunn land while I don't see anything slowing Pujols down except maybe injuries.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set