Home Precious Metals
Options

Your thoughts on Palladium

What are your thoughts on Palladium? Good time to buy right now? Just looking to diversify my holdings a little bit (currently all gold and silver) and don't know a whole lot about Palladium, so I thought I would entertain some ideas...THANKS!
"When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Norseman88 just sell his palladium holdings off? My opinion is that palladium will be a good investment over time, although I wouldn't hazzard a guess as to whether or not it is a good investment right now.

I don't own any, but I like it. Does that make sense?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Palladium discussion I wouldn't mind buying some but it would be for long term. I think once fuel sells become popular and can last longer, palladium should go up in cost. As for good time to buy, I have no idea. It's very volatile.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Loved it at $230. Now? Much more downside risk in the short term IMO. However, long term I think is very good. That being said, I'll hold out and try to buy under $400.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Palladium and silver are an excellent compliment to gold. I highly recommend! Is it a good time to buy right now? Who knows? When you do feel the time is right, I would cost average with palladium and buy a little at a time, because like some have said its extremely volatile. Also I would personally stick with 1 oz bars.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I know nothing about palladium but browse like 10-30 pages back in the pm forum and you will see some posts on its uses and then you can decide if it might take off.
    Seems interesting but I will stick with good old gold and silver as those two metals have continued to be used for thousands of years image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should start to Bloom in the near future.image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Should start to Bloom in the near future.image >>

I hope your guess, turns out to be correct.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I liked it better at $230 than at $400. But I still like it.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I liked it better at $230 than at $400. But I still like it. >>

IF renman95 is correct, I think you're gonna like it even better at $500+ before the e/o this year.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."