Home Precious Metals
Options

Provident Metals

Anyone ever dealt with Provident Metals? www.providentmetals.com

They seem to have a decent selection and pricing isn't that bad either.

Thanks!
CJ
"When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions

Comments

• Options
    Ive placed two orders with them in the last 2 days. Ive read good reviews from one person so far. Their prices are competitive and nice selection.
  • Options
    I'm liking they ASE prices, the premiums seem lower than the many of the others. The same people that do Gainesville's website must do theirs, I thought I on theirs for a moment.
  • Options
    They have good prices, pretty nice choice and fair shipping charges. And only 2.3% fee on credit card.
    Just placed an order. Will report back later on.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody have any typical timeframes for when they placed their orders and it actually shipped? I ordered yesterday in the morning and still have the 'processing' flag on my order with a CC order. Antsy I am, yup.
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody have any typical timeframes for when they placed their orders and it actually shipped? I ordered yesterday in the morning and still have the 'processing' flag on my order with a CC order. Antsy I am, yup. >>

1 - 2 days. Also FYI they don't provide tracking #s. It will probably be sent Priority Mail w/ Signature Confirmation.
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>Anybody have any typical timeframes for when they placed their orders and it actually shipped? I ordered yesterday in the morning and still have the 'processing' flag on my order with a CC order. Antsy I am, yup. >>

Usually they ship very quickly. It's been a while since my last order but, if I recall correctly, I used to receive my sunday night's order by thursday.
  • Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    I have bought ASE's, 90%, a variety of silver bars, as well as AGE's from Provident, and would wholeheartedly recommend them.

I wouldn't pay by credit card, though - send a check to avoid the surcharge.

If you mail a check, expect at least 2 weeks before your package arrives. If you pay otherwise, you can get it a bit quicker.
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    When silver hits 36, I will be back in.

Is 100 oz bar or 10 oz bars the better bet?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    I've ordered from both Provident Metals and APMEX, and would order from PM again before APMEX. Lower prices, and they stock what I like.

My advice is to pay by check to get the full effect of the discount.
  • Options
    They are pissing me off. Been 7 days of 'processing' an order of 1 item, after payment. No shipping notice yet, which they now do supposedly according to their policies section. I know they were at the Vegas show, but who was manning the shipping/order department for the past week, nobody?

Not worried about not getting it, just irritated. Thanks Amazon, too used to fast shipping now.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>They are pissing me off. Been 7 days of 'processing' an order of 1 item, after payment. No shipping notice yet, which they now do supposedly according to their policies section. I know they were at the Vegas show, but who was manning the shipping/order department for the past week, nobody?

Not worried about not getting it, just irritated. Thanks Amazon, too used to fast shipping now. >>

How did you pay, by CC?
    When paying by check it takes 2 weeks to have an order shipped while by credit card they usually ship in 2/3 days. That's my experience on several orders.

They also have a page on Facebook where they usually answer quickly and track your orders if asked.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used them over the years, but always paid by check to avoid the cc fees. Item is usually mailed within 6 working days after they receive the check...add another 2 to 3 days for mailing. Takes about 14 days from the time you mail your check.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They are pissing me off. Been 7 days of 'processing' an order of 1 item, after payment. No shipping notice yet, which they now do supposedly according to their policies section. I know they were at the Vegas show, but who was manning the shipping/order department for the past week, nobody?

Not worried about not getting it, just irritated. Thanks Amazon, too used to fast shipping now. >>

How did you pay, by CC?
    When paying by check it takes 2 weeks to have an order shipped while by credit card they usually ship in 2/3 days. That's my experience on several orders.

They also have a page on Facebook where they usually answer quickly and track your orders if asked. >>

Paid by cc, flame away. My last order did not take this long.
  • Options
    It shouldn't take that long.
    Though, I have noticed in one of my last order that its status is still "processing" while I have received it a while back.
    Probably is traveling to you already and they haven't updated the tracking info. How far are your from Texas?

edited to add: I just checked your profile, you are not that far from TX. Give them a call.
  • Options
    Provident is very solid. They usually have lower prices then Apmex and for certain things less then Gville.
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    I have always had great experiences with Provident, I like them waaay better than APMEX. I have been waiting to pick up one of their 10 oz dragon bars they have in stock right now, but I think silver will be lower at week's end. They usually turn around and ship in a couple of days with a CC payment or MO. If you pay with a personal check, expect to wait the full 10 business days for them to ship, which can feel like an eternity.

Editted for horrible spelling
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    Yeah, my last order was delivered in 4 days, so hopefully this is just a show-delay from last week on their order processing.
  • Options
    So I guess you have to provide an order number on the facebook page to get a response. Don't feel all that comfortable doing that.
  • Options

<< <i>So I guess you have to provide an order number on the facebook page to get a response. Don't feel all that comfortable doing that. >>

They should be able to check by name too but I see they haven't got back to you yet.

Giving the order number shouldn't be an issue though. The only place where you can check it is in your page.
    I don't think you can just do a search by order not being logged in.
  • Options
    I deleted my other post, figured that wasn't going anywhere obviously and didn't want to look like a troublemaker. The non response is always enough for me.
  • Options
    I like Provident. Reasonable prices compared to other dealers. No problems with them so far.
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    I've dealt with them quite a bit lately no problems. They are a bit slow when compared to other places. I've called before to check on orders they have always been helpful.
  • Options
    Sigh
  • Options
    Delete
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    Well made an order Tuesday got it today. That's about the quickest I've ever gotten an order from provident.
  • Options

<< <i>Well made an order Tuesday got it today. That's about the quickest I've ever gotten an order from provident. >>

Sigh. I'm still waiting. Asked for update, No tracking, no idea. ..... Quite unfortunate. Cc bill came in already though.

Looking like my last order.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried Provident. Will continue buying my ASEs from tulving as long as they continue to be $200 cheaper than Provident per box and offer free overnight delivery.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Provident targets small investors and occasional buyers.
    They have the best prices around (at least for what I buy).
    Though, their selection can't be compared to Apmex and their volume to Tulving.
    JMHO
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Provident targets small investors and occasional buyers.
    They have the best prices around (at least for what I buy).
    Though, their selection can't be compared to Apmex and their volume to Tulving.
    JMHO >>

They seem to be the place to shop if not buying large quantity.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    George is getting upset.
  • Options
    Sigh, maybe it will be in before Friday. 2 weeks now, unacceptable for an in-stock, cc paid item.

And I know this is out of the norm, just venting.
  • Options

<< <i>Sigh, maybe it will be in before Friday. 2 weeks now, unacceptable for an in-stock, cc paid item.

And I know this is out of the norm, just venting. >>

I would be venting too!

Mine shipped today, order place on 3/7 night.
    They used to be faster before, I assume their volume is getting bigger.
  • Options
    Looking to place an order at Prov, sub $30 silver. Price, come to papa.
  • Options
    Finally. Geesh.

Knocked off South America off my continental gold set. Just need my Asian piece and that game of Risk is done.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking to place an order at Prov, sub $30 silver. Price, come to papa. >>

Hurry. They only want $15 OVER SPOT per 2012 Panda!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looking to place an order at Prov, sub $30 silver. Price, come to papa. >>

Hurry. They only want $15 OVER SPOT per 2012 Panda! >>

I saw they were advertising it on Facebook, almost fell off my chair!
    Though, it is true that they are hard to find at the moment.
    GoldenEagle has them priced at over $47 too.

I gave up on the Silver Panda a while back, they are rising their mintages and they became too expensive, IMO.