Home U.S. Coin Forum

Where can I find the weight of foreign coins?

I am trying too find a website that lists the weight of foreign coins or coin planchets and cannot find one. Is there a comprehensive website out there that keeps these figures?
Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine

Comments

• Wilkapedia has always worked for me.
  • Krause catalog... or try the World Coin Forum imageimage
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember (although I could be wrong) seeing weights of foreign coins in that huge publication, I think it's called 'Coins of the World' or 'World Coins', something like that. I have browsed it at Barnes & Noble. Cheers, RickO
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned before..."World Coins" by Chester Krause & Clifford Mishler will have all the info needed.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • phehpheh Posts: 1,588
    Numismaster

But I think to see the weight, you have to join.
  • RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys. Reason I ask, is that I purchased a low risk lincoln that may or may not have been struck on a foreign planchet. I am waiting for it too arrive, so I don't have pictures yet.
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Snowman24Snowman24 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    RunnersDad

this should be what your looking for

it shows a list of foreign coins made at the US Mint

Link

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file