Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

**Football Hall Of Fame Rookie Cards ** - Doak price dropped once again

June 22nd Update *Sharply discounted prices* as sales have slowed through attrition. Sales at this level can benefit the buyer, yet still be more efficient than my (our) paying of auction house fees. These are prices for payment via PayPal gift, or Money Order.

See the Football Hall Of Fame Rookie scans here. Scans of cards from my other Registries are seen here.

Offered below are my PSA Football HOF Rookie Cards, with sale price.
Most of these cards have very high eye appeal for the grade, and are often very well centered:

1948 Wojciechowicz 9...$7,500 now $5,500 (POP 2, none higher)
1948 Doak Walker 6...$695 (Perhaps best PSA 6 anywhere) now $549
1948 Bednarik 6...$2,400 now $2,250
1952 Large Marchetti 7.5...$450 now $390

See the Football Hall Of Fame Rookie scans here.

PayPal gift payment, M.O.s accepted. Checks must clear 10 bus. days and are accepted for larger transactions. USPS shipping with Delivery Confirmation is free.

References: Mike Licalsi of Mike Denero's Vintage Sportscards, Mint State's Rick Snyder, and fellow Football HOF RC Collectors / Message Board Posters whom I have transacted with including: Art Newman, Jason Peeples, Joe Squires, Jasen Cassady, Dan Bigham, and Paul Perkins. For high dollar cards, you have the option of having me post them on eBay where the buyer pays fees, or escrow service with Mint State, Inc. www.mintstateinc.com for a low fee at your cost.

Feel free to send me a Private Message or E-mail regarding the above.

Keith Weinhold
keithweinhold@gmail.com
(907) 350-2296

1948 Leaf #4 Doak Walker PSA 8 NM-MT (HOF) (RC).....$10,500

Comments

• Options
    PM sent on 1979 Campbell
    Brian

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Keith

you collection is awesome! Good luck with the sales.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    PM sent on the Nagurski.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    PM sent on the Jim Taylor
  • Options
    New material added and the list was updated to reflect new sales activity above.
  • Options
    Thanks again for all the interest, inquiry, and timely payment. What a group here!

1950 Bowman #35 Joe Perry (HOF) (RC)...$950
    POP 2, 6 higher.

-Keith
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Keith...you had me at "Doak"...

Fletch
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    February 7th Updates:

*The Bronko Nagurski is listed on eBay*

The thread's opening post has been updated to reflect recent sales activity. Vertical space breaks by decade were added for readability.

1951 Bowman #91 Emlen Tunnell (HOF) (RC) Terrific print quality, very strong centering....$900
  • Options
    Recieved the 1959 Taylor this weekend. Great card, excellent packaging & fast delivery (from Alaska!!!).

Thanks Keith!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    kEITH, Very nice cards!

Are you selling your whole set?

I wish I had the $ to get some of these from you. They would look nice in my set..... Drooling over the Waterfield...

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    hey John

I think I'd like to buy some cards from ya.

1964 Willie Davis 8...$30 (Formerly in SGC 9 holder)
    1973 Art Shell 8...$15

Also what are your options on '58 Browns? Could you let me know?
    thanks
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    The above was updated with sales and sales pending to: Nagurski, Starr, Huff, Willie Davis, Langer, Fouts, Largent, and Montana.

Dave, thanks for the kind word. Yes, I am offering all of my PSA-graded cards (excluding Philadelphia Eagles), including from all three of my Football HOF Rookies registries. I have Waterfield 6s viewable in both my First Registry and Second Registry. You can compare and see what you prefer as they're both available now.

Some collectors have gotten a head start by making offers on my cards from my other (non Football HOF RCs) PSA Registries before I've had a chance to offer them like I have the Football HOF Rookies. That's fine.

John, the Willie Davis RC sale is pending. Sorry and thanks for the interest there though. The Jim Brown RC 7 from my First Registry sold at $775. The Jim Brown 7 from my Second Registry is $675. The Jim Brown 7 from my Third Registry ($600) and my Jim Brown 6 are not yet scanned. I can do so at your request.

Much thanks! -Keith

1957 Topps #119 Bart Starr (HOF) (RC) Strong image, low print snow, outstanding centering.....$3,250

• Options
    Keith, I sent you an email about the 1958 Brown you have pictured. I believe it is from your first registry ($775). If available, I will take it.

By the way, the Campbell is better than expected.

Brian
    Brian

• Options
    Edited - dated content and scans of sold cards removed.
  • Options
    To clarify, the only Jim Brown rookie cards remaining are two of the three depicted in the post above: SGC 7 and PSA 6. My three Jim Brown RC 7s sold relatively fast. To date, his cards have certainly received the most interest.

A number have asked about a card representing whom was once the NFL's All-Time Leading Rusher, and has the Green Bay Packer popularity...the Clarke Hinkle card. I can accept $4,800 if M.O. or check rather than PayPal are used.

I've found something with the sales surprising that so far: '70s cards have sold faster than some of the earlier ones, especially the 1948 Leafs. The Doak Walker RC graded PSA 6 is probably about the best mid-grade example one can find. (But I know you've got a thing for that '8' Fletch image)

The above list in the first post was updated to reflect sales, including that of the 1935 National Chicle Dutch Clark. That was bought by a friend in the hobby so at least I'll feel better about packing up that beauty. image -Keith

1935 National Chicle #24 Clarke Hinkle (HOF) (RC)....$5,000

Experienced hobbyists have stated that it is probably the most eye-appealing high-grade example.
    Recent provenance: This card was once viewable in-person at the Philadelphia Sportscard Show while in an SGC 88 holder. In May 2009, it successfully crossed into a PSA 8 holder upon the initial submission.

• Options
    My Tony Canadeo RC arrived today better than avdertised. Thanks again Keith for a great card to add to my Green Bay Packer collection.
  • Options
    I dug threw 5 foot of snow to finally pick up my lot of cards.
    WOW !!
    Willie Brown is better than advertised -- as nice a centered one that I've seen . I've had 5 different ones over the last 5 years and this is the nicest one by a long shot.
    Groza - just incredible centering, if it wasn't for the top left corner it would be a 10 -- 8.5 is an accrute grade
    Roosevelt Brown is a 9, for sure a sub with this card
    Matson -- super happy , if there is a better centered Matson out there I want to see a scan --

Thanks again for the great shipping Keith, I wish I had some more money image

Dan
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback above, gentlemen. I appreciate that. I guess that it means a lot more when a buyer states it than when a seller does. When building this Hall Of Fame Registry Set, I often raked the hobby to find the best available examples within a particular grade.

I just added some scans in the above posts with my newer scanner to replace some exposed with my lower resolution older scanner. These include Hall Of Fame RCs of Emlen Tunnell, Bart Starr, and the celebrated Clarke Hinkle. I will continue to aid the buyer by slowly replacing older scans with ones from my newer scanner, and make those images available both here and on the link to my Football HOF Registry Sets. If you feel that you may be viewing a scanned image from my older scanner and would like a sharper image, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Most of the offered cards are high eye appeal for the grade. Please judge for yourself here.

1965 Topps #122 Joe Namath PSA 8 (HOF) (RC)...$5,800

-Keith
  • Options
    Bronk made it safely back to California.

I paid well above VCP, but as part of the deal, Keith promised no more shirtless pics on the boards.

In hindsight, should I have negotiated no pantless pics in the deal too just to be safe?

Anyhow... thanks again, Keith, for a great transaction all around!

Snorto~
  • Options
    I've gone to Keith's well twice in the past couple of weeks and would go back again at the drop of hat....some wonderful cards he sent my way.

Frank
  • Options
    I've added more scans with my newer, sharper scanner at the link where my cards are viewable. One of those scans appears below.

The first post has been updated to reflect new sales and new sales pending, the last being the 1954 Bowman Doug Atkins PSA 8.

Prices have been reduced on some cards for the first time as below. Some of the prices stated below are only a sample. See this thread's first post for all the reductions.
    1935 Battles 7....$1,000
    1951 Van Brocklin 8....$1,300
    1951 Weinmeister 8.5....$800
    1957 Hornung 7....$525
    1958 Jim Brown 6....$325
    1964 Bobby Bell 9....$1,100
    1970 Lem Barney 10....$1,150

1957 Topps #138 Johnny Unitas (HOF) (RC)....$2,100
  • Options
    Some collectors have made inquiry about the two Waterfield 6s offered. Here are the two side-by-side on a scanner for comparision. One can also judge for themselves the centering and surface ink saturation relative to other 1948 Leafs. Both Waterfields are available. Your choice at $350 each:

1948 Leaf #26 Bob Waterfield (HOF) (RC)...$360 each. Ships free.
  • Options
    The scans are viewable here.

Due to the excessive time it is taking checks to clear from other buyers, PayPal is preferred.

The thread's first post was updated to reflect the recent sales of Red Grange PSA 4, Doug Atkins PSA 8, and the Joe Namath PSA 4.5 RCs.

• Options
    I too have gone to the well twice!!! Once for the Earl Campbell and the second purchase was the 1958 Jim Brown. I can tell you that both cards are stunning. Shipping was fast and secure.

I continue to look hard at a couple of more cards and may pull the trigger soon.

Brianimage
    Brian

• Options
    Keith - Got the 54 Atkins rookie today. Just as described. Packed nicely, shipped quickly. Thanks buddy!!!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments above.

There is another Jim Brown RC PSA 7 newly available depicted below, in addition to the SGC 7 which was already available.

1958 Topps #62 Jim Brown (HOF) (RC): PSA 7...$795 and SGC 7...$675
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang I wish I collected football! Those are some stunning examples.
  • Options
    I have purchased three cards from Keith and all were excellent cards. They arrived quickly. No problems at all in dealing with Keith.

Jeff.
  • Options
    Keith,

Got my cards, thanks! I may be back for a smaller card or two in the near future. I know some of you are wondering and the answer is, YES! The borders really are that white!!!

• Options
    Thank you for the above comments. It's pleasing that so many like the cards. When I built my collection, I often carefully sought out highest eye appeal cards available.

The list of cards and prices is in the thread's first post, and the scans are viewable here.

To answer a Frequently Asked Question: When **Sale Pending** is stated next to a card (in this thread's first post), that usually means that I am just waiting for a check to clear and that card is nearly sold.

Thanks again, Keith
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Keith, pm sent.
  • Options
    PM sent
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    Dated content removed. Thanks.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Got the Jim Brown PSA 6 rookie over the weekend - sweet looking card!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Got the Jim Brown PSA 6 rookie over the weekend - sweet looking card!!!! >>

Thank you, Bobby. Jim Brown RCs have been a strong seller. I've sold five.

See this thread's first post. The list of for-sale cards is updated to reflect recent sales. Sold cards have now been cleared from the list for readability.

• Options
    Got my cards today Keith, they are great. Might be back for more.
  • Options
    Keith, the card arrived today, just as described. Thanks for the opportunity. It was another great transaction!

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    Just another collector that went to the Keith well for a second time. Received my shipment of six cards today. Absolutely great items and very well packaged. I can't believe the 57 Starr is a PSA 7... I have plenty of 8's and 9's (not Starr 57's, that would be awesome image) in my collection not as nice as this card.

Thanks again!

-Eric
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great cards Keith and fast secure shipping.
  • Options
    A number of these Hall Of Fame Rookie Cards were just consigned to Pre War Card Collector for their upcoming auction, hosted by eBay. I expect the auction to begin on or around Thursday, March 25th.

Consequently, I'll be deleting those consigned items from the for-sale list in the first post of this thread. Many of the cards consigned have high eye appeal for the assigned grade.

Thanks, Keith
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the sweet Jordan RC. A+ transaction, Keith.

• Options
    The only scan not viewable from the Registry link (the Registry link to the other scans is provided in this thread's first post) is the very high eye appeal 1948 Leaf Doak Walker PSA 6. The image appears here:

1948 Leaf Doak Walker PSA 6....$695 (and 5% off). Perhaps hobby's most eye appealing mid-grade example.
  • Options
    By request, here is a scan of the 1958 Topps Jim Brown (RC) (HOF) PSA 7 Near Mint. Compared to the average Jim Brown rookie, this example features better centering, and a deeper color saturation in the black oval frame than what is usually encountered with this issue.

1958 Topps Jim Brown (HOF) (RC) PSA 7 Near Mint....$795 (and 5% off)
  • Options
    Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Keith,

Thank you very much for the 57 Topps Hornung, what a terrific card! It'd even better in person. It has taken its rightfull place next to my 57 Starr rookie PSA 8 in the HOF Set. I apprecaite the fast shipment also!

All the best,
    Doc

• Options
    Note that *New Sharply Discounted Prices* have been applied to most of the high quality material in this lot. Please see the thread's first post for updated pricing, which replaces the 5% discounts provided earlier. Thank you to the sports memorabilia collecting community for the strong following to date. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Keith Weinhold
    keithweinhold@gmail.com
    (907)350-2296

• Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    PM sent..

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    PM sent.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Keith,
    I'm not sure if this is an offer that you would be interested in. But here goes...
    thats a really great Jim Brown rc pictured on this page, the PSA 7. If you were interested in selling it for around what typical PSA 7's have been selling for, I'd be willing to sell some of my collection to buy it. It's a really crisp looking card. Also, I would need to pay over the next month or so.
    I know, what a great offer! But hey, I'm a college student, so I can only make the offer I'm capable of making. If you feel like making this generous deal with me, I'd be much appreciative. If not, I understand, no worries.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    AhmanFan - PM sent.

--------------------------------------------------------

The discounts have resulted in three pending sales already, and the first post in this thread was just updated in order to reflect that activity. Sales pending are to:
    1948 Leaf Doak Walker PSA 8
    1948 Leaf Bob Waterfield PSA 6
    1958 Topps Sonny Jurgensen PSA 8.5

If you have an eye on the card of your dreams, this is potentially the time to grab it. Payment plans may be arranged. If you are more comfortable using an escrow / intermediary such as Mint State, Inc. [phone (630) 365-9790] or another, that may be arranged at your cost for what is typically a very small fee from the intermediary.

See the first post in this thread to see the available sale cards, many with high eye appeal for the grade. Among them are:

$2,895

$4,400
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Keith, You're killing with those Packer pics!
    PackManInNC