Home Precious Metals
Options

Best Site/Person To Sell "Raw" Bullion 1 Oz Plats?

7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am needing in short order to sell about 6-8 one ounce plats of the currency/bullion. These were handpicked though not slabbed so ab it better than average. I need to flip this next week and am in DC Metro area - any ideas or "help"? Have to have firm payment though.
Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am needing in short order to sell about 6-8 one ounce plats of the currency/bullion. These were handpicked though not slabbed so ab it better than average. I need to flip this next week and am in DC Metro area - any ideas or "help"? Have to have firm payment though. >>

Currency/bullionimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am needing in short order to sell about 6-8 one ounce plats of the currency/bullion. These were handpicked though not slabbed so ab it better than average. I need to flip this next week and am in DC Metro area - any ideas or "help"? Have to have firm payment though. >>

Currency/bullionimage >>

Since they do carry a face value of $100, im assuming thats what the OP is talking about with the "currency/bullion" remark. For the OP, its been my personal experience that if the coins are not graded, and are "common dates", it will not matter at all that you "hand picked" them. 99% of buyers (and im mostly talking about dealers) will only take them in as bullion. They wont sit there and say "well, this raw platinum coin looks like a lock 68". You will just get the same as any other random lot of 6-8 plat bullion coins gets. Best of luck with sales.
  • Options
    Well, they are "currency" in that they are not W uncs. or proofs. So they are bullion even with the $100 denomination. But am looking for assistance on this. Dates are basically 2000-2006, but not inclusive. There are 3 2004s and recall one of them is actually slabbed NGC69.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Currency is paper money, Or Cotton, however you want to look at it.
  • Options
    KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    Any pics?

Thanks

Frank
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Currency is paper money, Or Cotton, however you want to look at it. >>

Have to disagree with you this time Cars.....although alot of people DO refer to paper money as being currency, its NOT exclusive to paper >>

I Disagree with Wikipedia image
  • Options
    Currency is not necessarily paper; can be but even the one cent pieces in your pocket are "currency".
  • Options
    Not to me. Currency=Paper, made by BEP. Coins=Metal discs made by US Mint.
  • Options

It's all semantics.

Anything that can be used as a medium of exchange is defined as "currency".

To wit: Encased postage stamps were once widely used as currency.

Also: Tobacco was a common currency in the 17th century.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am reconciled to the fact that if I needed to sell some raw Regular Issue Plats that are in nice condition, I will have to get them graded and certified before I could expect much of a premium.

I track the sales of 1 oz. Plats on ebay, but I don't track many of the raw coins, so I can't say conclusively that it's worthwhile to send them in for grading. Of course, if they were mine and if I thought that they would grade 69 or better, I'd send them in before selling them.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not to me. Currency=Paper, made by BEP. Coins=Metal discs made by US Mint. >>

So, what do you consider the 1776 "Continental Currency" coins to be? image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To wit: Encased postage stamps were once widely used as currency. >>

So were unencased postage stamps.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Whenever I sell PM's, I always go to a couple of different well known web-sites that list their buy/sells and then call up my local B&M and ask if they can come close. They might pay .5 to 1% less, but I leave with a check or cash in hand and avoid the lines at the post-office.
  • Options
    Kind of looks like I may have to give them up at 4.5% below plat spot for the day. Damn, thought I could do better and hate to vive those little bast---s up. Oh well, still have my fractionals....
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post good pics of the Plats having the least number of marks? Just askin'.

Added: maybe on B-S-T?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    sell on BST......you could get spot or perhaps more for them....
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.