Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How many log in at work?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>bziddy
    It would have been nice if you had simply answered the question.
    >>

Sorry, thought I had answered the question earlier. In my experience, a happy employee is a productive employee -- so internet usage does not bother me as a manager. (When I say internet usage, I am talking about mild usage through out the day). What it boils down to for me is do you get the job done that I/we are paying you to do? Do you go above and beyond? If you can answer yes to both of those, surf away.
  • Options

<< <i>Doin it now image

Hopefully the boss won't catch me and let me go image

Wait....I can't fire myself image >>

Hard to get fired when you "make a living" selling $5 baseball cards on ebay from the basement of your mom's house.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    a happy employee is a productive employee

I wholeheartedly agree.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    yes...I should reassess my career goals.

I think I'll try to post over 20,000 times on a message board in a 5 year period. I think I'll start telling people how they should live their lives when it's none of my freakin business.

You're obviously not really happy with your own pathetic life if you find it enjoyable to go onto a message board, into a thread in which the OP was simply asking a question about people who post during work hours, and offer your judgement on people who choose to do so.

No one here gives a flying F about what you think is or isn't right. I certainly know I don't.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys!

Again, a thread is degrading into the sewer!

We all have an intuition that caution should be taken when playing on company time.

As I said earlier - it depends on the job and the level of employment.

I wish we could keep this civil?

I treat all my employees equally - paygrade is irrelevant - they get my leadership, my loyalty, my heart, my generosity, my compassion, my empathy and my HARD HAND if they cross me.

Everyone - with an ounce of intelligence can figure how to navigate in my ocean.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    I log in every day.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< Doin it now

Hopefully the boss won't catch me and let me go

Wait....I can't fire myself >>

Hard to get fired when you "make a living" selling $5 baseball cards on ebay from the basement of your mom's house >>

Once again Gecko proves to be an idiot. I know InitialD personally and have been to his business, not in his Mom's house, not in a basement, not selling $5 cards.

Gives lizards a bad name. Just go away....
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Doin it now image

Hopefully the boss won't catch me and let me go image

Wait....I can't fire myself image >>

Hard to get fired when you "make a living" selling $5 baseball cards on ebay from the basement of your mom's house. >>

Sorry but I grossed $87,342 this past year and I'm an 11 year poop engineer (the guy who drives and operates the poop pumps)

So no. I wouldn't know how hard it is?

Maybe you should head to a physical therapy department at a rehabilitation facility and get some mental therapy, I heard it's inexpensive these days

• Options
    I think I'll start telling people how they should live their lives when it's none of my freakin business.

Show me where I told people how they should live their lives?

I simply asked a question too you freaking jerk.

Mike it can't be civil around here because we have scum like that jerk acting like a punk.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    yeah!! Keep it going!! Only a few more wisdom-filled, life-coaching posts 'til 25K!!

Are you hoping for some kind of prize?
  • Options
    And for the record DB it's 6 years where the hell did you learn to add?

Want to play around on the computer on your companies time? Go ahead I certainly do not care.

What I care about is being addressed as a 'cranky old fart' when not one of my posts were directed at you.

What I care about is if I choose to ask a question within a post that freaking scum like you don't interject themselves

and call me names, if they choose too I'll reciprocate. All we have here are you freaking rejects from the beckett boards.

It never fails, when some dope has nothing better to say they bring up post count. Learn to add first AH.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    For the record, I've never even been to the Beckett board.

And ok, I stand corrected....SIX years here. The combination of your board tenure and ridiculous post count obviously make all of your opinions more valid than anyone else's.

I bow to thee!!
  • Options

I think I'll start telling people how they should live their lives when it's none of my freakin business.

I'm still waiting for your 'proof'

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Statements like "You can try to justify it all you want, if I owned a company and people were chatting on the internet on my dime they would be looking for a new job."

The fact is, you DON'T own a company. So why even use an argumentative tone like this? NO ONE CARES what you think! Are you that bored?? Wait, obviously you are.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    This is getting ridiculous. Winpitcher just gives his thoughts and bziddy, initial, and beard turn this into another soap opera.

Especially sad when a guy with 2300 posts in just over 2 years criticizes a board member for having too many posts.

Ignore these guys Steve.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    For the record, I have had hardly any interactions with you on this board.

Yet today for some reason you chose to show an amount of hate towards me that makes me curious.

My PM records indicate that we had one exchange in which you asked me a question, I answered it and

you thanked me. Other than that I have no recollection of ever directing any comment towards you.

Yet today you started a fire and have accused me of imposing my values on others and now

make the outrageous claim that I feel only my opinion matters. If I did inadvertently along the way

somehow step on your toes believe me it was unintentional and I would apologize for it.

It simply baffles me that you would direct such hate towards me simply because I expressed an opinion

on a message board that had nothing to do with you.

Perhaps you could explain to me (and whoever that is interested) why you chose today to ridicule me?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually don't get involved in these argumentative threads however as a business owner for 36 years I will tell you how I see it. Whether or not it is ok to chat online at work is at the discretion of the boss. If you do it on the sly you are in the wrong. Simple as that.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    You're right, we have barely spoken. And I can assure you, I don't hate you at all. I don't even know you.

It just rubbed me the wrong way that you chose to be so opinionated on a subject that is very subjective. Everyone's work situation is different. To me, you kind of came off as a cranky sounding dude, (I never called you "old") who might not have internet access at work, and therefore has the opinion that anyone who gets online at work should feel bad about it.

As far as ridicule, your statements about how my boss feels about me would surpass my assessment of you as a "cranky fart" in my opinion.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh.. I like where this is going. image

I'd like to think it was because of my informitive post about Cobalt. A little knowledge goes a long way.
  • Options

<< <i>Ahhh.. I like where this is going. image

I'd like to think it was because of my informitive post about Cobalt. A little knowledge goes a long way. >>

Gallium is a solid metal at below 84 degrees F. Above that temp it turns into a liquid and looks identical to mercury.
  • Options
    , and therefore has the opinion that anyone who gets online at work should feel bad about it.

So basically you assumed? That old adage certainly applies here.

I don't care what anyone does or does not do at work. (Unless they are working for me) and if you read my posts over I made sure
    to preface my replies in a way where it would sound that way. Or at least that was my hope.

I simply asked a question, was replied to, replied back only to have my sentence structure torn apart.

In closing I don't care nor do I wish to impose my values or opinions on anyone else.

If they choose to surf the net on company time I don't care, I only would care if they did it on my dime.

I think I said that in one of my earlier posts.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ahhh.. I like where this is going. image

I'd like to think it was because of my informitive post about Cobalt. A little knowledge goes a long way. >>

• Options
    Oh. I forgot you never called me dude either it was fart.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>As far as ridicule, your statements about how my boss feels about me would surpass my assessment of you as a "cranky fart" in my opinion. >>

quoting myself here....
  • Options
    Not sure what you mean by your last post but I was referring too your earlier post.

suppose I could have written it this way:

Not to be judgmental. I wonder how many of you that do log in while you are supposed to
    be working would feel about it if you were the owner of the company that was losing the productivity?

Steve >>

Wow. Now I feel really bad. Now I won't be able to sleep well at night. Some cranky fart on a message board asked me how I would feel if I were the owner of the company.

Well since I'm not the owner of the company; since I'm just another underpaid, faceless name on his payroll; I'll tell you that I couldn't possibly care less.

==============================================================================================================

What I found funny at the time I first read this was I never asked you anything. I asked the people who had replied up to that point which you were not among.

I guess a case could be made where my question was directed at all those who followed too.

Steve
    Good for you.