Home Precious Metals
Options

Would you rather have.......

14 BU ASE's or 3 of the standard (sunshine, apmex, silvertown,etc) 5oz bars? Which would you choose if they were both free, and why?

Comments

• Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Bars, free oz of silver image
  • Options

<< <i>Bars, free oz of silver image >>

True, but less than 6 months ago you would have taken a 10 gram chunk of silver over a 1 ouncer!image
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    ASE's premiums higher more liquid~JMO

Based on today's $16.23 close
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I'd go with the ASE's as I like the look of them over some silly bar. image
    On another note, when do the premiums go down?!?! YEESH! Most people are still selling eagles at $3-$4 over spot and 90% is still 12x or more.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    10g was not offered or I may have taken it image
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bars.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASE's as they still have a face value of $14.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    I would take the ASE's, they have traded as high as $6 an oz. over spot so if that happened again there would be a premium of $84 on the 14 Eagles which would more than negate the 1 oz. difference. They are also more liquid and recognizable and carry a face value of $14 whereas the bars have no value assigned to them, then again if that was important Silver maples would be the bullion of choice as they would have a value of $70 Canadian.
  • Options
    I would take the bars as 15 ounces of FREE silver is better then 14 ounces of FREE silver. PM me for my address so you can get them out to me tomorrow image
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    ASE because they are coins and I collect coins.
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    If another option was 90%, I would take 90% image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASE's but it would be a close call.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ASE...Just my preferanceimage
  • Options
    I would take the ASE's They are just easier to sell than generic bars. Plus you get also get a premium over spot when you sell
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options
    Anyone who chose the ASE over the 5oz bars care to put their silver where their mouth is? You need to have 18 of these 5oz bars and a desire to lose 6 ounces of silver.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    JM, Englehard, & generic 5oz bars a total of 1 hereimage

18 seems like a collector would only have that many. I doubt a collector of 5oz bars would trade.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>JM, Englehard, & generic 5oz bars a total of 1 hereimage

18 seems like a collector would only have that many. I doubt a collector of 5oz bars would trade. >>

Your statement is most likely correct. However, I do know of at least 1 board member who COULD do this trade if he was so inclined. But my wager is that he is not interested.
  • Options
    Most of my Silver hoard consisted of 90% Silver at one time Which I had been buying from the mid 80's all the way through 2003 but in the past few years I have been transitioning into .999 refined Silver of every shape and size consisting of Eagles and Maples which now account for 7,000 ounces but I also have Panda's, Brittania's Englehard bars and Prospectors, JM bars of various size, A-Mark, Homestake Mines and some oddball bars.
    I also still own a fair amount of 90% mostly Barbers, Walkers and Mercury dimes. I still like looking through 90% coins vs. 999 bars and rounds, sometimes you can find a few nice au Mercs or ua Walkers, sometimes a micro o Barber dime, double die reverse walker, double die washington quarter or overdate mercury dime.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I like 90% coins because its fun to look through and the children can have a fun time with it. Bullion=boring unless you collect odd silver bars and old pours.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>I like 90% coins because its fun to look through and the children can have a fun time with it. Bullion=boring unless you collect odd silver bars and old pours. >>

Here's something fun to do, get a couple hundred dollars worth of half dollars from the bank and places some Barbers, walkers and Franklins in the rolls for your kids to find.
    Of course if they are bank wrapped you will have to open them up and wrap them in old style paper rolls.