Comments

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks chinese.
    Im out
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, Why did I never see color like that 20 years ago at all those coins shows / coin shops?
    Taco Bell napkin?
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>Hmmm, Why did I never see color like that 20 years ago at all those coins shows / coin shops?
    Taco Bell napkin? >>

I'm guessing that there are quite a few coins from shows, auctions and shops that you haven't seenimage And it is quite likely that many coins which were color-free 20 years ago, have since acquired toning to varying degrees and in various color patterns.
  • Options
    Wow, now that's pretty.

Ray
  • Options
    I'd like it better if it didn't look just like most of the other coins this seller lists.....notice I said lists becuase he doesn't sell them he simply starts the auctions and then cancels them towards the end because he wants about $4000 for this coin image
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a colorful ocean sunset.
  • Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    From the auction:
    Strong bidding will be necessary to keep this from being ended early. Since that did not occur last time...we will try it again!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hmmm, Why did I never see color like that 20 years ago at all those coins shows / coin shops?
    Taco Bell napkin? >>

I'm guessing that there are quite a few coins from shows, auctions and shops that you haven't seenimage And it is quite likely that many coins which were color-free 20 years ago, have since acquired toning to varying degrees and in various color patterns. >>

I think this is a naive & dangerous train of thought. It surprises me since you often have such a firm grasp on stuff. You ever think that the reason we didn't see stuff like that 20 years ago w/ exploding pops(they have been making silver coins for thousands of years) is because there was not people paying multiples of value when it became faddish and profitable. Does anyone really think that coin sat in a collection unmolested till it went in the slab.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Taco Bell napkin? >>

I'm guessing that there are quite a few coins from shows, auctions and shops that you haven't seenimage And it is quite likely that many coins which were color-free 20 years ago, have since acquired toning to varying degrees and in various color patterns. >>

I think this is a naive & dangerous train of thought. It surprises me since you often have such a firm grasp on stuff. You ever think that the reason we didn't see stuff like that 20 years ago w/ exploding pops(they have been making silver coins for thousands of years) is because there was not people paying multiples of value when it became faddish and profitable. Does anyone really think that coin sat in a collection unmolested till it went in the slab. >>

I do?

Ok not really I just couldn't resist playing devils advocate image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    nice colors!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    Junk! image
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks cool but over cooked. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>

<< <i>

Taco Bell napkin? >>

I think this is a naive & dangerous train of thought. It surprises me since you often have such a firm grasp on stuff. You ever think that the reason we didn't see stuff like that 20 years ago w/ exploding pops(they have been making silver coins for thousands of years) is because there was not people paying multiples of value when it became faddish and profitable. Does anyone really think that coin sat in a collection unmolested till it went in the slab. >>

Think as you wish of my thoughts. I was paying strong premiums for color 20 years ago, and I was, by no means, alone in doing so.

I have seen people question the originality of wildly toned Morgan Dollars from original bags, saying they hadn't seen color like that 20 years ago. But that didn't make the coins less (obviously) original. Also, countless coins which would not have been known to the vast majority of collectors and dealers 20 years ago, can now be seen by the masses, on the internet, with but a few clicks of a button.

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    450 for 1 hr
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am familiar with that date, very high mintage.......in 65 the 1934 junk dollar brings about $250....in 64 it brings about $75......figure whatever premium you want for the color.

To me its way over priced.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What alloy? Is it silver?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What alloy? Is it silver? >>

silver
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From the auction:
    Strong bidding will be necessary to keep this from being ended early. Since that did not occur last time...we will try it again! >>

This seller should be reported. I hate when sellers pull this and so does eBay, since eBay either wants a FVF or a reserve fee.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Taco Bell napkin? >>

How prevalent was dipping a coin then? Pretty prevalent? If people wanted "blast white" what do you think dealers did with any coin that had color? (not all dealers but probably a lot).
    I've got an OLD, local dealer who STILL dips the coins he gets...I talked to him saying I wanted toned Roosies...he said those, and other silver coins, get dipped as soon as he gets them because most of his buyers at the shows and shop want blast white coins image

btw.....I haven't looked but as soon as I saw the photo in the OP, I guessed whose it was...shane's comments make me think I was right image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not even consider such a coin for purchase. Looks like someone gave it an electric enema. If I wanted bling I would go to a carnival or the local mall kiosk. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would not even consider such a coin for purchase. Looks like someone gave it an electric enema. If I wanted bling I would go to a carnival or the local mall kiosk. Cheers, RickO >>

So lets see if i understand, I take it you are not going to be the strong bidder the Seller is looking for?image
  • Options
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its gorgeous.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    A nice gift from PCGS. I believe it to be AT. He had a Churchill crown with the exact same toning pattern and those are of Cu-Ni composition.
  • Options

<< <i>A nice gift from PCGS. I believe it to be AT. He had a Churchill crown with the exact same toning pattern and those are of Cu-Ni composition. >>

I don't see any resembalance image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file