Home Precious Metals
Options

Perth gold at spot!

tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got an email from A***X...... they have a limited amount of Perth gold for sale at spot price plus shipping. Only catch is that they are colorized.... but still a great deal. Just a heads up if anyone wants to make use of it.
----- kj

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you mean to say..silver?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Nope.... fractional gold that feature Year of the Ox, Year of the Rooster, etc. The have 1/10, 1/25th, 1/4th ounce sizes. As issued by the Perth Mint.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I think he meant this...APMEX Clearance
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    Yep.... those are the ones.... and the quantities are going down pretty fast on some of them.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok....thanks .... not a bad deal...gold is gold. Can the color be removed w/o doing any harm to the coin?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Little acetone will take it right off. Why did you block out the APMEX?
  • Options
    "Why did you block out the APMEX?"

Momentarily confused about the rules when referring to other commercial sites....
    ----- kj
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Little acetone will take it right off. Why did you block out the APMEX? >>

Not necessarily. I once bought in some American Gold Eagle fractionals colorized red, white and blue, and as an experiment tried to remove the "paint." Took paint remover and a lot of elbow grease. The results were not pretty.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gone....
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    hmmm...I've done it on many colorized ASE's and it lifted right off after a few moments.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    The color process on Perth Mint stuff is part of the minting process and cannot be chemically removed.

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The color process on Perth Mint stuff is part of the minting process and cannot be chemically removed.

HH >>

Does that hurt their melt value any?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're colorized, I wouldn't want them anywhere close to melt. Probably not at all.

If they're colorized by the Perth mint and the colorization(?) is removed, it's still a damaged coin even if done well.

So those are kind of a lose-lose to me.

Pass.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Why would they be considered damaged if you could remove the colorization with no visible damage? You wouldn't even have know it existed. They make them w/o the color as well. If it cannot be removed that really sux and I would imagine it would be traded around the same percentage discount as scrap 14k & 18K.

I would also pass on them unless I could have them 10 points back of melt.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cars, if you could remove the colorization without *any* evidence of it, these are still mint-issued products. Removing the colorization wouldn't necessarily leave a flawless coin if that coin was never made to be un-colorized, or if the un-colorized version had different surface preparation (mirror vs. matte proof, fields vs. device contrast, etc).

Tampering with it might reveal a coin that was never meant to be.

Moot point, really. I wouldn't want them because I don't really want Perth products. Any mint that releases colorized coins loses a degree of desirability to me. And it looks like they're sold out now, regardless image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't tamper with the coin but colors would bug me so I would rather buy the one without the color.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    UGLY... even at spot
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I tried to remove the color from a 1/20 coin from the perth mint and it simply ruins the coin ...underneath the color there are very small marks ( laser etching??)

sold it eventually, cause it bothered me everytime i saw it.

Its not your usual paint or sticker job ...the actual surface is different than a non colored one.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    I prefer gold to look..... like gold. Even though they were a good price, had to pass on them.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    zubie - is that srv?