Home Precious Metals
Options

Do Englehard Prospector silver rounds bring any kind of premium over other 1 oz silver rounds?

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
I picked up a few of these Prospector rounds at $17.50 each at a local show. Also, picked up a few 1 oz Englehard silver bars at the same price. Do these have any premium over other silver bars? He threw in a silver 15 gram silver bar from "The Royal American Mint". Never heard of them.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience the Prospectors do in fact command a premium over "generic" rounds.
    Close to ASE prices but when the same I buy ASE.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Prospector 1oz rounds are 2 steps above generic 'christmas' type rounds, but definately a step below ASE's or maples. However, the Engelhard 1oz bars are at the top of the food chain, just slightly below Credit/Pamp Suisse bars, and easily on par with JM bars.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    It's all .999+ pay what you wish for it. You did get a GOOD buy on that silver thoughimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, guys. I figured I did all right at $17.50, especially if silver rebounds tomorrow.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>However, the Engelhard 1oz bars are at the top of the food chain, just slightly below Credit/Pamp Suisse bars, and easily on par with JM bars. >>

Not in my book.....Engelhard 1 oz bars are obtainable for $21 - $25, on the other hand, just try to buy a PAMP Suisse 1 oz silver bar for under $45, or a Degussa (Non Art Bar) 1 oz silver bar for under $29.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."