Home Sports Talk

Minnesota @ New Orleans

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
So much for a "hot" Dallas team and their 3 points. Bring on the Saints!

Comments

• MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Dallas beat themselves. The Saints 12th man will beat the Vikings with a bit of help from Brees and crew! 35-7....
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Should be a shootout. Looking forward to it.

• << <i>Dallas beat themselves. The Saints 12th man will beat the Vikings with a bit of help from Brees and crew! 35-7.... >>

The Saints may indeed win, but there is no way the Vikings are only going to score 7 points. By the way, Dallas didn't beat themselves, they got spanked by a far superior team today.
  • MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    The key for next week is will the Vikings D come to play as they did today. Romo is 1/3 the QB of Brees, so do not expect Brees to make the same errors.
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Should be a good game image I think the saints have this and go to super bowl
  • TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    The Vikings must have the best defense of all the remaining teams. So much of the talk has been about offensive firepower, so hopefully the Vikes' defense flies under the radar for another week and the Vikings can grab another win.

Oh, yeah- the whole Who Dat? is really lame. Possibly- just possibly- lame enough to keep the Saints out of the Super Bowl... Go Vikes!
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Cowboys whipped the saints, then got blasted by the vikings.

So my pick.......VIKINGS
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Cardinals whipped the Vikings, then got whipped by the Saints! My pick? Saints!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭✭
    One thing is for sure, anything can happen in the playoffs, especially single elimination format like the NFL or NCAA Tournament. After all, who in 2005 gave 6th seeded Pittsburgh a chance? Or in 2007, not only did the Giants have to slay the "undefeated" Patriots in the Super Bowl, but just to GET to the Super Bowl, they had to defeat Green Bay on the frozen tundra (and at that time I definitely didn't think the Giants stood a chance).

What can I say? Sports history is FULL of stories like that, and much more will come in the future.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    New Orleans has the league's 25th ranked defense. I recall a lot of folks saying defense will win you championships. Minnesota's defense was ranked 5th or 6th overall.

We shall see...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is shaping up to be an epic battle!

A High Flying Offense with a suspect D against a hardnose Defense with a great RB and athletic WR's.

Should be a great game although I think NO outlasts Favre & company.

35-24
  • Both these teams will put up points. Minnesota has a far superior defense than the Saints so I will say Vikings 34 Saints 23. GO VIKINGS!!!!
    I have been collecting sports cards for 30+years.
  • As a lifelong Vikes fan, we've been down this road before. Bracing for the heartache. I hope I am wrong. If the Vikes ever win a Super Bowl, I will weep. Guaranteed.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As a lifelong Vikes fan, we've been down this road before. Bracing for the heartache. I hope I am wrong. If the Vikes ever win a Super Bowl, I will weep. Guaranteed. >>

I hear ya. But at this point I would settle on even just getting to the SB. 33 year drought is too long.
  • Guys Im 35 years old, my first WORD was not Mom or DAD, it was "bootball" Yeah I think I'd cry too lol...

Am I speaking Chinese?

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So much for a "hot" Dallas team and their 3 points. Bring on the Saints! >>

You got that right - when a team is red hot but yet is a dog going into a game...that usually means trouble for the dog.

Bookies aren't in a habit of giving away money.
    Harvin had better be playing in this game.
    1 more day image
  • Should be a great game. Go Vikings!

• << <i>Harvin had better be playing in this game. >>

I think he will, but with limited play. Any time is better than none. I'm hoping the OL shows up.

Go Vikes!!!!
    Wanted:
    1961 Topps FB PSA 8
    1970 Topps FB PSA 9
  • TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    Apparently Percy made the trip with the rest of the team.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Gotta get the running game going. It is TIME for A.D. . Saints have the 21st rank run D.

If we can't its all of 4 again, which is fine with me.

Am I speaking Chinese?

As long as the O line can open up some holes.
    Skol Vikings!
  • dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck Guys!!
    imageimage
    GO saintsimage just couple more hours
    Who dat? Dat Adrian Peterson!!!!!!!
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Please, Saints, I can't stand the thought of the media suck-up fest to Favre if the Vikings win...
    The Saints defense looks horrible. The few stops they make are taken away by the zebras.
    Not sure if ours is much better so far...
    Throw 10 yards on 3rd and 12. Nice.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    geez, AP needs to learn how to hold onto the ball - getting a little ridiculous.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Brett Favre is a drama queen....
    Wow some bad referee's on the field

<< <i>Brett Favre is a drama queen.... >>

so true
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Maybe sometimes Favre is...but he has been getting POUNDED by the Saints defense. He's 40 years old being hit really hard.

Im wondering if the Vikings RB's have been paid off with all these fumbles!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't think of any 40-year-old human that could withstand the punishment that Favre is enduring out there. Drama queen? With the media, maybe. But they guy is as tough as they come on the football field, no question.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't think of any 40-year-old human that could withstand the punishment that Favre is enduring out there. Drama queen? With the media, maybe. But they guy is as tough as they come on the football field, no question. >>

Agreed. If he comes back to win this game, I'm not sure I will be able to stomach the stories about him between now and the superbowl. But, he's doing the best he can.
    But is Favre going to wind up hurting his team for the rest of the game by insisting on playing hurt and being obviously a lot less than 100%?
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    not sure Brett is doing much to hurt his team at this point considering his team can't hold on to the ball. Plus, I don't think they are going to win with Tavaris Jackson.
    Favre has brother them this far...if he thinks he can still do it, he deserves to be out there leading the way

<< <i>Favre has brother them this far...if he thinks he can still do it, he deserves to be out there leading the way >>

He could suffer a Theismann-like leg break and think he should still be out there. He's not an objective analyst with respect to his own health. He screwed the Jets last year by concealing an injury that made him ineffective.
  • :19 seconds left.......c'mon Vikings, miss the FG and send it into overtime!
    Ouch, that's a huge 5 yards...
    how the heck do you come out of a timeout and end up with 12 guys in the huddle?
  • OK, penalty, then int, looks like OT!

don't care who wins, just want it to keep going!
    uggh...what was favre throwing at going across the grain?
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    you can be a drama queen and still be good, my point is he just plays stuff up... a lot. reminds me of how vince carter acts all the time, great athlete, but a head case.
    un. freaking. believable. I can't believe how many turnovers the Vikes have committed.
    Thank god saints get another chance in ot
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Stuper Bowl has got a lot to live up to this year!!!

Steve