Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FOR SALE/TRADE 1956 Topps #135 Mickey Mantle PSA 9 NQ

Here is an opportunity for someone to purchase a RARE PSA 9 Topps 1956 Mickey Mantle with NO Qualifiers! Vry hard to find for a fair price. I'm willing to trade if I can get 12k worth of resale value out of the trade. I'm not a collector, strictly in the market for resale only so any sport will do. eBay recent sales (What the public is willing to pay) is what I'll take in trade at. If buyer wants to pay cash I'd settle for $9500 out the door. I'm located in Southern California. Please contact me at sportscollector@cox.net for more information.

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Could you post a scan of the card for viewing?
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    I would say this guy is up to something but most scammers don't ask for $1800 more than VCP average.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just the way it reads, but I get hesitant when someone tells me they are not a collector... and oh yeah... email me at sportscollector@blah blah blah
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe it's just the way it reads, but I get hesitant when someone tells me they are not a collector... and oh yeah... email me at sportscollector@blah blah blah >>

my thoughts exactly.
    Too bad , I was looking to spend 10k on a Mantle ;-)
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Well there's 31 PSA-9's and 3 PSA-10's, IMO not rare but indeed expensive. Why is it always the new posters come up with the expensive cards for sale? Humm....
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Dang.....he isn't a collector, yet owns a $10,000+ card??? I think my highest card in my collection now is a 1933 Goudey Ellworth Vines PSA 4.....
  • Options

<< <i>I think my highest card......is a 1933 Goudey Ellworth Vines PSA 4..... >>

Hope you are smoking that stuff for medicinal purposes only.
  • Options
    sight-unseen, 50 dollars?
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    $55 and I'll send you a personal check with my auto on the front and back. (for future Tommy Welborn cut cards)
  • Options
    I dont understand all the heat I'm getting with this thread. All I'm doing is advertising my card. I have it online right now, great pictures and on eBay item #320469010567. I'm Grandstand Treasures I am not a scammer my feedback shows I'm the real deal. Perhaps I wrote my thread too fast, sorry for not taking the time to EXPLAIN, not knowing there would be a bunch of jerks dissecting every last word written. If you have any questions just ask instead of doing all this trash talk. Come straight to the source. All you big boys out there with the WHAT IF and MIGHT BE and all that crap, come talk to me, I left all my vitals. I'm a serious seller looking for serious offers
  • Options
    Talk to me, I'm a scammer. What do you need to know about me? I'm not a scammer, I just posted a quick for sale ad looking for serious buyers. Whats VCP anyway? I've been doing this for 25 years, I'm not new, I've got a tremendous following online, so please, retract, and lets get serious here. What, in your opinion, do I need to do, or ask for, in order to not look like a "Scammer". Seriously I've never been so insulted before, in a matter of 2hrs of post I got bombbarded with insults. Do I need to take a picture of myself and the card with today's date?
  • Options
    Sure, here is the card, sorry I thought I posted it. It's a grey back
  • Options
    I think the heat comes from people not knowing who you are and in your first thread you are
    selling a $10,000+ card . Beautiful card . Good luck

Dont let Bill (lsutigers) get to you , Apparently he has been pissing everyone off lately.....image.....j/k
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    take a picture of yourself, the card, and a monkey dancing with a donation cup.

Also, lower the price by $1800.
  • Options
    didn't you sell this card on ebay on december 20th for 7,550?
  • Options
    This is a rough place to post a card. My goodness, if Anyone wants the card feel free to make reasonable offers or trades. I'm not going to keep defending myself. Those of you who want a better understanding of who I am please visit the auction # I left and look at my feedback. Not out to screw anyone. I was a first time poster, I thought this was a simple process of post and answer questions from those interested, I didn't know it was an assumption based message board and we had to keep our guard up at all times. Lesson Learned, won't happen again. Sorry for the little soap opera, now can we get on to those who are serious about the card?
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Case looks compromised.
  • Options
    We yanked this on December 20th. Auction got to $7550 and we had some offers come in. The guy that was suppose to pay $$9250 cash money in person never paid. He Screwed us and we just got fees back.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    So will VCP modify the price to reflect the true $ amount???

not the bogus bid?

j/c...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    It wasn't yanked, it sold. The guy/team that bought it has 21 feedback and 6 bid retractions.
  • Options
    I've bought from this guy before. He might be asking too much for the Mantle, but he is not a scammer. The guy who bid on the card with a 20% retraction rate sounds like a winner though.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    Thank you! Finally got some love. The guy who purchased had me end auction with him as winner with a promise to pay the $9200, I ended with time left because Christmas was coming. Why would I let this card go at $7550 when others are online for $14k and 12K respectfully? If someone wants to make a fair OFFER I'm all ears!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice 45/45 left to right centering.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    nice card g/l w/ sale
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Grandstand, first off welcome to the boards.

The reason you were getting some heat from the guys is because another
    poster from the same area as you has been scamming people as of late.

Also, fwiw to come here unknown and offering a 10k card as your first post
    may seem reasonable to you but we get them all the time and 99 out of 100
    times it is someone trying to run a scam.

The people here are not stupid. Your card should be sold through an auction house.

If sold here it would generally be from someone who at the least has a registry set with the card in it.

I understand you were simply using what you thought was just another venue.

Lastly none of these mutts has 10k so I wouldn't bother.

Happy New year and god luck selling your card.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Take a picture of yourself, the card, and a monkey dancing with a donation cup.

Corvette has been coming up with some good ones as of late, but I find it funny he is telling someone
    to lower his price.

Steveimage
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input! I would not mind using an auction house. eBay is very tough, as a matter of fact I find a lot of my really highend cards are almost given away if I'm not careful. I just let my Ryan PSA 9 RC go for $4300 which I know would have done much better had I taken another avenue. My immediate delima is I need cash or resellable items NOW, I can't wait for a big auction to take place to find the guy with the registry set. I'm being sincere when I say, give me decent trade, something I can post and sell generating $9000+ at least (Fees will eat up a great portion bringing total down substancially) and it's a go. Even if someone came up with SMR, we paid full SMR for this bad boy many years ago, I've always known Mantle cards to do really well, not haivng to worry about getting busted down 65%-70% of SMR. CASH/TRADE combo I'm willing to do, In person iff needbe.
  • Options

<< <i>Case looks compromised. >>

My 1st thought too. We never see that much frost in Louisiana.
  • Options
    It's not compromised. Ive inspected with a fine tooth comb. Yes there is that frost but there is zero cracking or compromise along the inner seal, you cannot open these cases without having some sort of compromise where it seals. It's 100% in tact with no cracking.
  • Options
    nm
  • Options
    I scanned it myself, it's not the same scan. Oh man, I cannot catch a break. You guys are ruthless, I just did this scan, they all look the same. They are hard to downsize to teh 50kb the board needs
  • Options
    Here is the scan of the lower edge where the frost is for those of you who question. I took as best as it would allow
  • Options
    And FYI that little plastic lip/thing that sticks out on the side is part of the case where they come from the factory, that's not on the inside portion of the seal. you all know these plastic pieces come in a bundle that break away, that's where it was from the factory. Hope this helps
  • Options

<< <i>Take a picture of yourself, the card, and a monkey dancing with a donation cup.

Corvette has been coming up with some good ones as of late, but I find it funny he is telling someone
    to lower his price.

Steveimage >>

I get told to lower my price 10 times a day so I was just venting, carry on.

Also, to OP, I've got a nice Cherry Red '85 Corvette that I would be willing to trade for said Mantle pending live inspection if you're interested. I might even throw in a '94 Toyota Paseo.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    PSA 7.5

CHAZ
  • Options

<< <i>And FYI that little plastic lip/thing that sticks out on the side is part of the case where they come from the factory, that's not on the inside portion of the seal. you all know these plastic pieces come in a bundle that break away, that's where it was from the factory. >>

Not a collector but happen to know everything about PSA slabs?
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>And FYI that little plastic lip/thing that sticks out on the side is part of the case where they come from the factory, that's not on the inside portion of the seal. you all know these plastic pieces come in a bundle that break away, that's where it was from the factory. >>

Not a collector but happen to know everything about PSA slabs? >>

The thing he is referring to is called a "gate", it's where the molten plastic enters the mold cavity. There is my last plastics molding nerd info for 2009.

To the OP if you need $$$ quick call Levi @ 707, good luck.
  • Options
    ummmmm what does all this banter have to do with my card? All I want is to hear about possible trades/purchase I don't need the sarcasm. As far as me saying I'm not a COLLECTOR, I'm referring to me not KEEPING things in a collection. I take things in for IMMEDIATE sale, I do not hold these cards very long unless it's something of this magnitude that needs special attention. Again, Every word I said was dissected. Perhaps I should just start this all over again. Maybe some of you guys have nothing better to do with your time other than poke a part boards, entertaining, but irritating when I wanrt to do some business.
  • Options
    Im not in the market for a Mantle, but if I was, I wouldnt do business with this seller. From his responses, he sounds like a real jagoff.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Grandstand, cards of that value are rarely if ever sold/bought on these boards. I think your best bet would be an auction house if you can afford to hang on to the card for a little while. REA would be a good choice. Good luck with your sale.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Grandstand two things, one, you should open up your PM's it is located in 'profile'

that way if someone is interested they can speak to you privately. Secondly, in the future

download your item and have photobucket host it. I think that way you can increase the KB's.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks! That's a great Idea. I appreciate that information. I'll give that message thing a try, the photbucket thing I have to figure out
  • Options
    welcome to the board grandstand! dont bother trying to sell stuff on here unless you what 50 replies about how over priced you are and how you misspelled one word. good luck with the sale now its my turn to get all the flack.
    WTB- 1965 topps PSA 7 or better
    WTB- Jim Thome PSA 10's
  • Options
    i also like the guy who said you where a jagoff after you have been called every name in the book. some of these guys on this board are classy.
    WTB- 1965 topps PSA 7 or better
    WTB- Jim Thome PSA 10's
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I'd suggest getting it re-holdered. Even if it hasn't been tampered with, that frosting is going to raise concerns with potential buyers.

• Options

<< <i>i also like the guy who said you where a jagoff after you have been called every name in the book. some of these guys on this board are classy. >>

Yeah funny stuff, I guess I should have done some homework before jumping on the board. Oh well, we learn from things like this. Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>i also like the guy who said you where a jagoff after you have been called every name in the book. some of these guys on this board are classy. >>

It's the inner seams that need to be looked at, i have some 1990's junk with same type of frosting. I'm sure all you guys who've purchaed/graded have had some sloppy slabs come back in the past. There is just no way you can open this case without making a crack within the seal. everything is as smooth as can be, nothing shady. Am I missing something? is there a way to pop these open without ever manipulating the inner seal, than sticking a bad card inside? After going over peopl's thoughts last night on the fronst I took some low grade PSA cards I had sitting around and tried to take them out without disturbing the seal, I could not do it if my life depended on it, everytime they popped the seal would leave some sort of ridge. I'm not concerned over the questions posed by the board, of course the new guy gets slammed, always shady people out there, but I'm not one of them. You can tell just from the closeup scan you took it's a quality card, PSA 8's do not look as solid as this card, I've sold plenty, I've graded thousands, I have a good eye for this stuff IMHO. Advise if I'm missing something here
  • Options
    sorry buddy this made me laugh.

and you have to admit that its odd that you first post are coming here to sell an overpiced mantle?

"take a picture of yourself, the card, and a monkey dancing with a donation cup.

Also, lower the price by $1800. "
  • Options

<< <i>It's the inner seams that need to be looked at, i have some 1990's junk with same type of frosting. >>

<< <i>I took some low grade PSA cards I had sitting around and tried to take them out without disturbing the seal, >>

<< <i>You can tell just from the closeup scan you took it's a quality card, PSA 8's do not look as solid as this card, I've sold plenty, I've graded thousands, I have a good eye for this stuff IMHO. >>

Thought you weren't a collector?