Home Precious Metals
Options

This bar must be rare...

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
BAR
(not mine)
I have never seen an art bar go this high!
Is there a reason for this?

Comments

• Options
    WOW ........ and I thought [know] I paid STUPID prices for silver!! image

Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I count 6 different bidders. I see rare put on bars often. How is this determined? Are there actual population reports some where?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I suspect the Coca Cola brand has something to do with its desirability, as apparently there are quite a few serious collectors of that brand out there willing to pay moon money. Sounds a bit familiar to the numismatic crowd, no?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    And to think, Brian paid 19 dollars for it.... image

His last one went for moon money as well....
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Meltdown! image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    And to think I bought 12-75th anniversary Chattanooga Coca Cola 1 oz. bars for under $14 a piece a few months ago at the local B&M.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Certain Coca Cola bars go for moon money and then there are other Coca Cola ones that sell for a slight premium over spot. I'm guessing the Mt. Hood sells for way over.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    This one will ~ Green Cheese moon money $$
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump because it deserves it image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

At $735 with an hour to go! Maybe they think it's silver plated gold?!

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Coke bars are a mistake I wont make twice. Sold this one on a BIN last summer for $50 (I paid spot for it) It was worth north of $600. I found out the true value right after the BIN (flooded with offers/advice) But after some thought I sent it out for the $50
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that figures!

I just sold one for spot image

Edited to say: Not the Mt. Hood one, just a 75th Coke.
  • Options
    Whew we! $800
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Avid collector of GSA's.