Home Precious Metals
Options

$1193.4 Au New Record!

Gold new highimage
Avid collector of GSA's.

Comments

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Yep, but now I'm confused. Pawned my crystal ball but held the majority of my PM's.

My gut tells me to take the profit. Son's colledge educ. is funded and I have no debt except a mortgage, which unfortunately I have little or no equity in. Not underwater yet but who knows where the housing market is heading? Could take profit and pay mortgage down, but my gut tells me, no. Kinda ticks me off, when I was young I knew it all. Now I just have experience and the worst part, my allowance got cut off 40 years ago. Dang, life is tough. image. Take care. jws
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dollar - new yearly low.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And apparently India thinking of buying even more gold--200 tonnes.

Every time I think about taking "profit", I ask myself what I would do with the money.

I'd buy gold.

I could use it to pay off my mortgages, but I owe more than $1M. So it's not gonna help much image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1,185.40 as I write. I got in late but I am glad I've stacked since March 2009. Gold would have to drop to less than $980 just to get back to break even for me.

If I sold and took profits I don't know what I would do with the money except buy stocks and bank CD's. I already have plenty of both.

I cannot see a sustained downward correction until the world financial community changes its assessment of the current regime in Washington. IMO that won't happen anytime soon.

edit for missing words
  • Options

<< <i>And apparently India thinking of buying even more gold--200 tonnes.

Every time I think about taking "profit", I ask myself what I would do with the money.

I'd buy gold.

I could use it to pay off my mortgages, but I owe more than $1M. So it's not gonna help much image >>

What do you do to where you can afford a 1M house? My wife and I gross just over $160k a year and I thought we were better off than most, yet we live in a very modest 250k house.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    "but I owe more than $1M"

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Weiss mentioned rental properties so maybe $1 mill is in rental properties?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - why would I want to sell my gold and use it to pay off a 5% fixed rate mortgage? I'll just sit back and let it ride.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

>>

india buying gold is not really surprising considering their past history of gold
    as a reserve percentage wise. they are not even close to their past peak percentage
    wise.

what is more interesting is the regular indian folks flooding the scrap markets with
    gold and the lack of imports at previous levels.

i really do not see the fundamentals for gold going up. as another poster mentioned
    the dollar is down... seems as simple as that. easy low interest money creating a bubble
    via speculation.

where have we seen this before? image oh yea, oil. usage went down, price went up. same
    with gold really.

fun to watch to say the least. i enjoy the articles lately as everyone is excited.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree - why would I want to sell my gold and use it to pay off a 5% fixed rate mortgage? I'll just sit back and let it ride. >>

Especially when 10%+ gold seems to be a lock for the next 5-10 yrs. Add to this the constant devaluation of the greenback, and that mortgage actually seems like a gift!
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    the PM ETF's will not behave like normal commodities....

deliveries are skewing it.

some profit taking will happen, even a cooling off correction.

just hang onto it, keep buying it if you can. stay within yourself.

--------
    many US companies that can diversify overseas are investing themselves more and more overseas and will show gains, earnings and profits. Once these gains and profits are true and organic (not from write-offs and downsizing) AND Unemployment remains high..... the residential and commercial markets in USA still soft....there will be NO attempt to prop it up as it will KILL American Business that invests overseas.

• Options
    Weiss doesn't know it, but we hang out at the same watch site as well.

i'll refrain from answering the $1 million question as he has talked about it before there and it wouldn't be sporting here. LOLOL

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    whew what a run up!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Weiss doesn't know it, but we hang out at the same watch site as well.

i'll refrain from answering the $1 million question as he has talked about it before there and it wouldn't be sporting here. LOLOL >>

Seriously?! I haven't been on TZ in YEARS image LOVED the water cooler. It was even better than the Open Forum on CU before it was closed down.

The debt is mostly rental properties.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    best advice I ever got (and it came from my dad when I was a kid): "No one ever went broke selling at a profit."
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd buy gold.

Weiss, that is absolutely true. Why would I put the profit back into the ever shrinking dollar. Until I find confidence in Congress and the Federal Reserve and BHO, I'll stay in gold, silver and platinum. Now, that doesn't mean that I won't trade a little if we get overextended. Then buy back at some support level.

R95
  • Options
    $1,195 as of now.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do not see the fundamentals for gold going up. as another poster mentioned the dollar is down... seems as simple as that. easy low interest money creating a bubble via speculation.

Flip back 6-10 months.....isn't this the same old tired refrain used when gold was again attempting to break the $900, $950, and $1000 levels? When will the fundamentals finally be apparent that it's all about loss of confidence in a world-wide Ponzi paper fiat/debt scheme now in its 38th year. Why is the easy low interest money going preferentially into gold and other select commodities? Why not bonds, jewelry, stocks, real estate, ipo's, etc. Why is gold about the only commodity/investment medium making new all time highs? It has to be just a tad more than bubblish speculation esp. when that item is known to be a useless and barbarous relic.

best advice I ever got (and it came from my dad when I was a kid): "No one ever went broke selling at a profit."

My dad also told me that you can't make any real wealth by always taking the quick profit. Sometimes you have to ride the trend until it isn't one any longer. It would be like getting out of Microsoft in the 1980's (or stocks in general) after the first 100-200% was made. Those selling their physical gold in the $1000-$1200 range are going to be surprised in a few years at what they left on the table....not to mention they cashed out their insurance policies.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

My dad also told me that you can't make any real wealth by always taking the quick profit. Sometimes you have to ride the trend until it isn't one any longer. It would be like getting out of Microsoft in the 1980's (or stocks in general) after the first 100-200% was made. Those selling their physical gold in the $1000-$1200 range are going to be surprised in a few years at what they left on the table....not to mention they cashed out their insurance policies.

roadrunner >>

Amen, brother. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>best advice I ever got (and it came from my dad when I was a kid): "No one ever went broke selling at a profit." >>

Your father is a smart man!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    okay, so you don't like what my dad said. then how about what Stan Weinstein told me...

you cut your losses quick, and you let your profits run.
  • Options

<< <i>okay, so you don't like what my dad said. then how about what Stan Weinstein told me...

you cut your losses quick, and you let your profits run. >>

He sounds like a smart man also! take it to the bank!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's some sage advice that I learned a long, long time ago:

Keep your eye on the ball.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.