Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE has offered us a deal on 1973 Topps Football rack packs **Please Post Scans!**

Comments

• Options
    jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Let me just add that I never owned a football card ever in my life. I don't have any clue as to why I decided to get two of these. I guess there is a first for everything. I hope I have the courage to open them. I have sat on so much unopened junk for 20 years now and never really had the urge to open anything. I guess we'll see.

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Bunker, thanks for finding this great deal! I will pay tonight when I get home. With the '76 cello and this you're blowing my Christmas budget!!!!

I will not be opening mine. I will be displaying it. This was the first year I started collecting and have always wanted a rack from this era.

Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    Thanks very much for the rip Bunker. image

My payment was just confirmed.
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    I thought the $175 price was only for Yankees season ticket holders.
  • Options
    Paid up.

Will be looking for a Dan Dierdorf Rookie for my set.

Pete
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. to me
    show details 11:09 AM (7 hours ago)

Will ship out to you.

Thanks, Mike

Still haven't decided if this will be a ripper or a saver. But I'm excited to see it!!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Paid via Paypal on 11-25.

• Options
    Payment sent. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    what's the story on the huge discount? can't wait to see scans.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Your payment for $181.00 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent my $181 to Steve for my pack. Thanks.
  • Options
    I'm still hanging out just in case one of the remaining 2 want to give it up or don't end up paying
    And either way, looking forward to seeing scans of the racks people get
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>I'm still hanging out just in case one of the remaining 2 want to give it up or don't end up paying
    And either way, looking forward to seeing scans of the racks people get >>

pm sent

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    ttt

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with Steve and paid for one of the remaining 2 racks. He said that there is already someone waiting to buy the other unclaimed/not pd for pack so everything should be good - thank you Bunker for your efforts on this!
    Steve
  • Options
    So I got my two racks in. Here are the scans of the front and backs of both. The Art Shell on the front of the one pack has the surface peeling up on the bottom, but the back has a Joe Namath on it! I know very little about football, but living in Jets/Giants land I have certainly heard of him. Corners look a little soft on all of the front and back cards in general, but the interior cards look OK. The packs smell old and the plastic is a bit soiled and is torn in the area where the cards would hang up on the rack, but it doesn't seem to be impacting the cards at all. The cards are packed just enough so that there is little to no chance for someone to search them, at least IMO. Overall, an interesting purchase for me.

Not sure if I will rip them. I'll probably file them away with my other unopened material. Anyways, thought you'd like to see.

Collecting:

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Nice score with the Namath on the back. image

I plan on leaving mine unopened when I get it, so I'm hoping someone decent is showing.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Just received my rack, Emerson Boozer of the Jets on the Front. I am ofering it up if someone wants it. Cards look fine and well centered, but wrapping is worn similar to the scans already posted. just PM me Ebay ID puckhd97

Thanks
    Pete
  • Options
    I received my two packs and they looked similar to the ones scanned earlier. I was surprised by a moldy smell to the packs and cards once opened... luckily PSA doesn't consider EOS (evidence of stink) when grading. No major finds, some nice cards and quite a few miscuts. Also had 10 duplicates out of the 2 packs. Here are a few representative scans... may use some for first TTM project...

Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten mine yet.... Are these typical packs, or is this the reason why they were only $175?
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    wow, far from the fresh rack in the first post!

Very nice though with the Namath showing
  • Options
    Got my rack today. Havent cracked it....the outer most cards look like 5-6's at best (Archie Manning showing)......maybe they are some gems on the inside?
  • Options
    I received my rack pack today and despite the outward appearence of the pack, the cards are pretty nice. Most were centered nicely with sharp corners....except for the Stabler. It was by far the worst of the bunch image

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I received my rack pack today and despite the outward appearence of the pack, the cards are pretty nice. Most were centered nicely with sharp corners....except for the Stabler. It was by far the worst of the bunch image

image >>

NICE RIGGINS!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Not too great here....fun rip though!

• Options
    and some more...

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    My pack arrived today, here are scans of the front and back. I think I'll keep it as is for the time being. Maybe a Steve Spurrier fan is looking for a rack with him on top!!

imageimage

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    The money has been sent!

Manuel, you have sent $181.00 USD to Steve

Thanks to edmundfitzgerald for giving his up!

Watch your mail...probably get something out to you by next week

Manny
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Received my pack today. Keeping it unopened, but HOF'er Willie Brown is showing on the back. General condition of the pack itself matches what others have described. A neat little addition to my unopened collection. Thanks Rick for organizing.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Evening,
    Got mine, opened, nothing. One rack so OC to one side all cards almost no side border, One Stabler, no other stars. Middle rack centered L/R, almost no bottom border, no stars. Other side rack, cards a little damaged, pock marks on most of them, No Stars.
    Wow, what a bust!
    Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    Anybody selling there Stabler's?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received my rack today and while it wasn't mint, it was in very nice shape overall. The cello shows signs of curling and some yellowing, but there are no rips or splits between the panels and the header card is fully intact. I kind of prefer the curling on racks like these as I'd be skeptical if that weren't the case. Will keep this one sealed.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    has anyone pulled a centered ken anderson? if so, shoot me a price and a scan.

thanks,
    David

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Neil, you have the worst luck in these rips. Still haven't received mine yet. Won't rip, but will post scan. Tony
  • Options
    Offering my rack up if anyone is interested, same price with shipping $181.00, Emerson Boozer on the front,

pm me

thanks
    Pete
  • Options
    Mine just came, will rip shortly...I think.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    This was a fun rip, here's the best in terms of stars. Some of the commons are very nice, maybe 9s, not posted tho.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Riggins showing on the front was pretty cool! The racks may look bad, but overall the cards inside have been pretty decent looking.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    No star power, but this was the first year I collected football so has great historical value for me. Will leave it as is and display. Thanks Bunker, great fun.

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the BIG discount on these...

any BIG hits to mention?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    I am finishing a set of 1973 football, anybody want to get rid of their commons, please shoot me an email with prices, puckhd27@aol.com or pm me

thanks
    Pete
  • Options
    Decided to bust my Rack. Nice lot of HOF'ers. About 6 doubles.

Some I have graded for my set

• Options

Here's my star power from one of the racks I ripped. The Staubach is the nicest and best cntered of the three. If anyone is interested in any of these, let me know.

Collecting:

• Options
    If anyone is interested in selling or trading some of their 73's please send me a pm. I am trying to build a raw set.

Thanks!

Rick

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Rick

I have about 30 really nice commons, sharp corners, clean backs, centering varies, 65, 160, 166, 168, 190, 192, 245 Riggins, 253, 257, 269, 310, 363, 369, 380, 382, 389, 391, 412, 415, 438, 457, 466, 479, 488, 490, 493 morton, 491 Olsen, 496, 507, 509, 520,

Interested in trading for your 73 doubles

Pete
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, James Harrison has been playing a long time. He had a lot more hair back in 1973! image
  • Options
    I just recieved mine today, I don't think I'll rip it just yet.

Thanks Bunker.
  • Options

<< <i>I just recieved mine today, I don't think I'll rip it just yet.

Thanks Bunker. >>

I wonder if "Happy" Feller is his real name?

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    I need the following cards for my Miami Dolphins TTM project:

Bill Curry
    Bill Stanfill
    Bob Kuechenberg
    Jim Langer
    Bryant Salter
    Carl Mauck

If anyone has them for sale or trade, let me know.

Shawn
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just recieved mine today, I don't think I'll rip it just yet.

Thanks Bunker. >>

I wonder if "Happy" Feller is his real name? >>

I don't know but after I saw that I have got to find one. image

Edited to add: Just looked and name is James Patrick Feller.