Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

BBCE has offered us a deal on 1973 Topps Football rack packs **Please Post Scans!**

I was talking with Steve at BBCE today and he has (24) 1973 Topps Football Rack Packs. He normally sells these for $400-$500 a rack pack, but he is offering them to the board for $175.00 plus $6.00 for one rack and $8.00 for 2 or more.

Please call BBCE to make payment arrangements Phone: 800-598-8656 or Paypal to: BBCExchange@sprintmail.com

Please mention the CU group rip and your Username.

Let me know after you pay so that I can get you marked as PAID

I know that we are in the middle of a group rip now, but I thought I would post it to see if there is any interest? There are 54 cards per rack pack.

Official Sign Up List:

1. Bunker **PAID**
2. mikelowell25 **PAID**
3. Nightcrawler **PAID**
4. Grote15 **PAID**
5. 2Cardguys **PAID**
6. 2Cardguys **PAID**
7. Daddymc **PAID**
8. Mcolney **PAID**
9. Fergie **PAID**
10 Fergie **PAID**
11. thedutymon **PAID**
12. puckhd27 **PAID**
13. Packcollector **PAID**
14. packCollector **PAID**
15. Jawa2600 **PAID**
16. Bobbyw8469 **PAID**
17. JJworm **PAID**
18.JJworm **PAID**
19. Sidepocket **PAID**
20. Gemint **PAID**
21. Mknez **PAID**
22. edmundfitzgerald/Flatfoot816?
23. Mikelowell25 **PAID**
24. Puckplayer

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

Comments

• TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    That is quite a discount! I'm not much of a football card collector otherwise I'd join. I hope other board members get to take advantage of the price break though.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    says on the package that they are only 39 cents (where's the discount?)..image
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    i would be interested in one
  • Doesn't that come out to $3.00 + per card ?

Is that worth it on 74 football ? Don't follow it that much.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Here is a list of the better cards for the 73 Topps:

Simpson /L. Brown LL
    Terry Bradshaw (HOF)
    George Blanda (HOF)
    Ken Anderson (R)
    Fran Tarkenton (HOF)
    Lance Alworth (HOF)
    Art Shell (R) (HOF)
    Franco Harris (R) (HOF)
    Larry Csonka (HOF)
    Jack Ham (R) (HOF)
    NFC Semi (Staubach)
    L.C. Greenwood
    Don Maynard (HOF)
    John Riggins (HOF)
    Joe Greene (HOF)
    Jack Tatum (R)
    Bob Griese (HOF)
    Dick Butkus (HOF)
    Lyle Alzado
    Dan Dierdorf (R) (HOF)
    Len Dawson (HOF)
    Jim Langer (R) (HOF)
    Jack Youngblood (R) (HOF)
    Joe Namath (HOF)
    Ted Henddricks
    Bob Lilly (HOF)
    Johnny Unitas (HOF)
    Charlie Joiner (HOF)
    Roger Staubach (HOF)
    Steve Spurrier
    Ken Stabler (R)
    O.J. Simpson (HOF)
    Paul Warfield (HOF)

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

<< <i>Doesn't that come out to $3.00 + per card ?

Is that worth it on 74 football ? Don't follow it that much. >>

I checked the recent completed sales on ebay and found these cards that sold:

#60 Tarkenton PSA 9 $80.00 Nov. 20th
    #89 F. Harris PSA 8 $70.00 Nov. 16th
    #89 F. Harris PSA 7 $39.00 Nov. 12th
    #280 Greene PSA 9 $50.00 Nov. 13th
    #400 Namath PSA 7 $30.00 Nov. 18th
    #487 Stabler PSA 9 $399.00 Nov. 14th
    #487 Stabler PSA 8 $70.00 Nov. 18th

JDRF Donation
  • I'd take a couple.
  • I'd definately take one; possibly 2 that seems like a little more than the normal 10%....even if we have to pay shipping image
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz

<< <i>I'd definately take one; possibly 2 that seems like a little more than the normal 10%....even if we have to pay shipping image >>

He has them listed for $400.00 on his web site:

BBCE

JDRF Donation
  • Yes I agree .. that was supposed to be my point... it's a heck of an offer... I was looking at them yesterday when I wanted to see if I would add any other goodies to the rip... I will be leaving town for 4 days in the AM and won't have daily access to the boards... so if this turns into a group rip please put me down for 2. I probably won't be able to respond to the official rip thread (if it develops) until Saturday afternoon. (although I will try)...
    Thanks
    Ken

edited spelling... fingers moved faster than the brain...
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in one maybe two!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

I see the sign up is officially on. Please put me down for one for now. Thanks.

• mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭
    I will take one. Thanks, Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    I will take two.
    Thanks,

Robb
  • Good Day,
    Will you people quit tempting us Addicts....Ok I'll take one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

image (With Myself)

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    That's a real nice deal. ALMOST tempted to buy one and keep with my '73 FB set. If only it were a few years ago ... LOL.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • I'll take one also. This is the first year that I collected as a kid.
  • A little OT, but does anyone remember these '73 Topps FB cards being used in some type of board game? I remember finding some my brother's 73's in the attic several years ago and they were in a box with some type of football board game if I remember correctly. I have asked this a few times on different boards but haven't heard anything. Anyone know?
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 2. thanks

<< <i>A little OT, but does anyone remember these '73 Topps FB cards being used in some type of board game? I remember finding some my brother's 73's in the attic several years ago and they were in a box with some type of football board game if I remember correctly. I have asked this a few times on different boards but haven't heard anything. Anyone know? >>

The game in this link appears to use 1973 Topps FB cards:

Pro Draft Game

I remember Brett (ymarea) posted about this game in a thread of mine when I had some '73s pop.

• jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A little OT, but does anyone remember these '73 Topps FB cards being used in some type of board game? I remember finding some my brother's 73's in the attic several years ago and they were in a box with some type of football board game if I remember correctly. I have asked this a few times on different boards but haven't heard anything. Anyone know? >>

There was a game called "Pro Draft" that used 50 1974 football cards. Roughly 5 of them had different poses than the regular 74 Topps cards. The picture on the box showed 1973 cards but Paker brothers only used 1974 cards:

pro draft

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• The very rack pictured at the beginning of this post originally sold at Mastro's "classic fall" '06 auction. There were twelve '73 fb racks in a single auction and all were gai slabbed and the auction sold for $4141 including the juice ($345 per rack). Most were 8.5's. The rack above was originally in an 8.5 slab.

Steve originally had this very same rack in the 8.5 slab on his website and a few months ago he took it out of the slab and listed it for $400. At $175 each this is a super price on these racks as you can see.

"You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • I'll think about it but will be offline until next week.

• SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'll take one!

"Molon Labe"

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Just by coincidence yesterday Dave & Adam's cards listed five '73 fb racks in their ebay store at $270 each. This is the first time I have ever seen D & A have '73 fb racks for sale.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭

Put me down for two (2)....thanks!!!

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I would like one....darn....I was quitting....

• << <i>Just by coincidence yesterday Dave & Adam's cards listed five '73 fb racks in their ebay store at $270 each. This is the first time I have ever seen D & A have '73 fb racks for sale. >>

Steve,

Just curious why the Plethera of these Rack packs all of a sudden, and as much as I love Steve's Stuff, nobody has asked the question! Why exactly are we getting the best discount that I have ever seen from Steve in my 6 years here?
    Just asking?

Is it as simple as he wants to move something that had been collecting dust in his Store for years? I hope !?, There could be other explanations, which I don't have to lay out, you can figure it out. Or is there some other reason, and how did D & A come up with some of the same stuff, right Now?

Just Asking?

Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I'll take one if there are any left.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• I'll take one. Thanks.
    what the heck, i'll take one more
  • I'll take one.
    Card collecting is remembering the good old days.
  • Sold Out! Nice job... I'd like to pay the piper before I leave... was the $175 all inclusive (including shipping)?

If so I'll "beam over the moo-la-la" now...

Ken
  • Payment Confirmed

Thanks to Bunker for arranging a great deal for a great rip.... eat lots of turkey and enjoy the holiday weekend...

Ken
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take one if anyone wants to back out or give up one of their additional racks.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Sold Out! Nice job... I'd like to pay the piper before I leave... was the $175 all inclusive (including shipping)?

If so I'll "beam over the moo-la-la" now...

Ken >>

Steve told me that he could do the racks for $175 per, but he did not mention what(if any) the shipping costs would be. I tried to contact him after that, but he was gone for the day.

EDIT: SHIPPING CHARGES: 1 Rack $6.00/2 Racks $8.00

I sent him an email asking him if shipping was included and I am sure he will let me know something as soon as he gets a chance. I honestly did not expect this to sell out so fast!

I will let everyone know as soon as I hear back from Steve. 2cardguys is heading out of town and did not want to be the hold up so he paid for both of his racks before he left.

JDRF Donation
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    OK, so I am late on this one. I was packing for the Macy's Day Parade for the 1st time. We are leaving tomoorw. Woo Hoo!!!!!

Yes I know that it sounds great. But we are going because my father in law died in June and my wife does not want to spend Thanksgiving at home without him. Bitter/sweet it is.

If anyone drops out let me know.

If not--best of luck!!

Manny
  • I will be #3 on the stand=by list should anyone or 3 anyones drop out
    for those of us taking part in this, lets hope steve doesnt charge $225 shipping per rack!!image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have sent $181.00 USD to Steve.

Payment sent! Thanks again for setting this up, Rick!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>

we are going because my father in law died in June and my wife does not want to spend Thanksgiving at home without him. Bitter/sweet it is.

If anyone drops out let me know.

Manny >>

Manny, you can have my rack. I hope it goes well for you. edmundfitzgerald
  • Paid,

Thanks
    Neil
    Payment sent to Steve. Thanks.

My payment has been sent. Thanks!
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    paid

Robb
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Your payment for $181.00 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By far my least favorite Football Set. With that said, $175 is an awesome deal for vintage rack packs. I'll be interested to see if anyone gets one with a Stabler RC showing. CHA CHING!!!
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    all paid, thanks
    I will bust my pack, and now that I have attained the skill to post my scan of cards (A skill I didn't have on the last bust), I will be glad to post pics of my cards....as long as I get Johnny U, I am happy!