Home Precious Metals
Options

Someone say something positive.

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
For the love of God. This front page is depressing.

I'll start. Copper is up sharply in overseas trading so apparently everyone
doesn't think it's the end of the world.

At $3.15 a pound it might be telling us that world growth is going to continue.
Tempus fugit.

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Gold is over $1160 ~ Yee Hawimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stack is getting taller. That's a positive thing, I think.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice weather today, pulled a tick off my dog too, no difficulties.
  • Options
    Got all the Turkey fixins today. Going to deep fry it this time. Normally I Weber smoke it. And fried ice cream of course for the pies.

Gold is either up or down. Has been for decades, don't need to check that daily anymore....I just know it will be either up or down. image
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    Along the lines of Barndog... it's November 22... 10PM... and it's 50 degrees outside... in Minnesota!!!
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a 1990 Kook for $22 this weekend.
    It was my big bullion buy of the week. image
  • Options
    I bought the same coin, same year for $22.50. Did yours come in a plastic capsule? My only bullion purchase for the month, I've been on the wagon.
  • Options
    As of yesterday I have 11 cords of split and dried hardwood laid up. If I keep going at this rate I'll have enough wood for next winter by the time this year's first snow flies.
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • Options
    I went to church today. That was VERY positive...

I played with my kids in a "bounce house"...too much fun (had my first asthma attack in quite awhile...that was a positive!).

I enjoyed the beauty of my wife in her Sunday Finery.

We had a warm, sunny day in NJ...in November!

I didn't have to rake/clean-up leaves!

ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I bought a 10oz 2010 Australian silver round. I had put out a bid earlier in the week but forgot all about it. I paid a little more than I'd like but I really like the look of it.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought the same coin, same year for $22.50. Did yours come in a plastic capsule? My only bullion purchase for the month, I've been on the wagon. >>

No cartermurph, it was in a 2 x 2.
  • Options

I sold 5 raw $50 GAEs today for $6,000.

Bought them a couple years ago for $4,000.

That's a positive. image
  • Options
    Gold: $1165 and climbing!

Silver: $ 18.80 and climbing!

That is two positives.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    I won my first game of Beatles Monopoly yesterday. fun game.

so, who's buying PM's at this price!!!!???????????? Anyone?

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Me, bought a Buff. 1oz this morningimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    I just saved $315 by switching to Geico!
  • Options
    I dont think many are looking to buy gold and Platinum! I have had these posted and no bites yet! Each day the price seems to go up! Maby I will get lucky today gold
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    One more day til a 5 day weekend!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont think many are looking to buy gold and Platinum! I have had these posted and no bites yet! Each day the price seems to go up! Maby I will get lucky today gold >>

Bullion is being purchased by the shovel full ... just not from the web site you've got yours listed on. "Cash only?" may also be an issue....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. This helps a little.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Its been one year, three months and three weeks and three days since my kidney and pancreas transplant.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its been one year, three months and three weeks and three days since my kidney and pancreas transplant. >>

Wow, Alan. Awesome, simply awesome. What a blessing to get through that. Thanksgiving must be a special holiday. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the weekend I successfully flew over the Andes without scraping the belly. Mucho turbulence.

Picked up a .25 Cal Fractonal gold and a unique Leadville, CO 12.5 cent merchant token last week.

I have 5 weeks off.
  • Options
    Thank you MJ. Not only a blessing, but an awesome responsibility.

I will forever be grateful to the family for donating the organs of their loved one so that I and several others had a second chance at life. Another person received the other kidney, and the liver was divided to help two others. Other organs were also used.

Now the responsibility part. Every day I say a prayer, and every night I say a prayer for that person and family, and I realize that I have to be good for that person and try to make up for whatever good that person might have brought into the world but can't now.

And it's not just morning and night... when something good happens, or when I get a chance to laugh or smile, or accomplish something, I have to remember where that good came from, where that laugh or smile came from, where that accomplishment came from.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been one year, three months and three weeks and three days since my kidney and pancreas transplant.

Every day I say a prayer, and every night I say a prayer for that person and family, and I realize that I have to be good for that person and try to make up for whatever good that person might have brought into the world but can't now.

And it's not just morning and night... when something good happens, or when I get a chance to laugh or smile, or accomplish something, I have to remember where that good came from, where that laugh or smile came from, where that accomplishment came from.

Hey Alan. Thanks for the great reminders. That's what it's all about.

My positive thought for the day...........

I'm thinking of unplugging the tv.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Its been one year, three months and three weeks and three days since my kidney and pancreas transplant. >>

Hey congrat's, I hope things continue to go well for you!!!image
  • Options
    thank you guys for your thoughts.

But jmski... you wrote: "My positive thought for the day........... I'm thinking of unplugging the tv. "

NOOOOOOO !!!!!!! You might miss one of my infomercials!!!!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might miss one of my infomercials!!!!

Alan, if it'll make you happy, send me a link and I'll watch one of your infomercials on the computer.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You might miss one of my infomercials!!!!

Alan, if it'll make you happy, send me a link and I'll watch one of your infomercials on the computer.image >>

I've seen them. Quick, turn off your computer too imageimage

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    I asked a estion???? Take care. jws
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I asked a estion???? Take care. jws >>

And were quite satisfied with the swers?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    My wife is positively impossible for the Thanksgiving holidays.
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metals are up in the Tuesday overnight markets!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    In about 39 hours I will be half asleep watching football after over-dosing on Turkey and all the trimmings image
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options

Wow what a blessing! My uncle had a heart transplant back in 1989 and is still with us today. I was 19 at the time and immediately became an organ donor.
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things that are positive: it's a beautiful fall day in southern California, my wife scored H1N1 vaccine for both our toddlers yesterday, the house we want to move into in 5 or so years ( that was climbing out of sight pricewise until 2006) is getting more affordable all the time, metals are up, and the company I work for has grown from 35 people in 2006 to 140 now and we're still hiring.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOLD IS AT $1190!!!
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    pennyholicpennyholic Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    Thought this could use a bump after reading some of the other threads. Crabbing has been excellent off our San Francisco coast the last couple of days and the weather is wonderful. Had a nice Thanksgiving up at the cabin but did not pan enough gold to retire yet. Many Christmas ales came out this week so enjoy.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    You want positive....I will give you positive......

I AM POSITIVE THAT WE ARE GOING TO HELL,

IN A HAND BASKET!
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Positive backwards is EVITISOP. This new word comes from the Greek word EVITISOPOLOUS, which means "to buy PM's"imageimageimageimage