Home Precious Metals
Options

Some people are buying gold!

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have a customer who has been buying two or three common $20's every other week for a few months now. Says he is worried about where the dollar is going.

Came in today with a two page list from our inventory that totaled about $90,000. I asked did you want to pick a few from that list? He said he would take them all! Mostly $20's and $10's, plus a bunch of $5's and a few $2-1/2's.

Had already sold two coins off the list earlier in the day, but he wrote a check for the rest and will pick them up after the check clears.

Wowser!

TD
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    Whats the largest single sale you have witnessed since working for HJB in that store Tom?
  • Options
    Well, Bob has a big head since he sold some other guy $4,000,000 worth of bullion yesterday, and it is the second time the guy has bought that much.

The funny thing is, this time the guy got roughly 3,360 ounces for his $4 mill, while last Spring he got approx. 4,360 ounces for the same amount of money!!!!!

LOL!

TD

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, Bob has a big head since he sold some other guy $4,000,000 worth of bullion yesterday, and it is the second time the guy has bought that much.

The funny thing is, this time the guy got roughly 3,360 ounces for his $4 mill, while last Spring he got approx. 4,360 ounces for the same amount of money!!!!!

LOL!

TD

image >>

Eagles, Maples, Krands, Bars, a mixture? Just curious to how the other half lives. image
  • Options
    210 pounds of gold, WOW!
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Was it cash? If so, did you get the counterfeit pen and mark every $100 bill????
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Wowza, You guys have that in stock?
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    DUDE!! I would LOVED to have seen all that. The only thing I'd take would be pictures. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

<< <i>210 pounds of gold, WOW! >>

230 actually.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, Bob has a big head since he sold some other guy $4,000,000 worth of bullion yesterday, and it is the second time the guy has bought that much.

LOL!

TD

image >>

Eagles, Maples, Krands, Bars, a mixture? Just curious to how the other half lives. image >>

All crisp, clean Maple Leafs hermetically sealed in RCM boxes, except for the odd rolls, of course.

And no, we don't keep that many in stock. We just have them dropped shipped to the buyer's bank vault and make delivery there.

TD