Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 Formative "Double Pinky" on Home Shopping Network

Only 200 Available

$89.95

Sold about 100-120 in 10 minutes.

Comments

• jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    Damn! Fools. They are giving these things away on ebay, arent they?

IS the WDDR-002 the same as CDDR-002?
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>Damn! Fools. They are giving these things away on ebay, arent they?

IS the WDDR-002 the same as CDDR-002? >>

No WDDR-002 = CDDR-001
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Damn! Fools. They are giving these things away on ebay, arent they?

IS the WDDR-002 the same as CDDR-002? >>

No WDDR-002 = CDDR-001 >>

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

What they are selling for on ebay will be a joke in a couple of years. There are not as many of these things as everyone thinks. The Lincoln penny has such a huge market that these will go up in price. What gets me on these coins on coin collector are only MS65's. What will happen when they decide to sell their 67's?
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iam just happy to see them geting some air time like they should have to get the price up. image

Hoard the keys.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like they are using Billy G. Crawford's pictures. I hope they got permission.

<< <i>What they are selling for on ebay will be a joke in a couple of years. There are not as many of these things as everyone thinks. The Lincoln penny has such a huge market that these will go up in price. What gets me on these coins on coin collector are only MS65's. What will happen when they decide to sell their 67's? >>

I agree.

I laugh at comments like; "Damn! Fools. They are giving these things away on ebay, arent they?"

Do Forum members think everyone is on the internet? There are LOTS of people afraid of computers/internet. Guess what; They buy from catalogs and TV !!

Who are the "Damn Fools"; the people buying on HSN or the people NOT buying cheap on Ebay now?
    Is ANACS the only company grading these now?

<< <i>Is ANACS the only company grading these now? >>

Not according to HSN

Double Thumb
  • I hate these guys so much. Say what you will about those Coin Vault hucksters (I know I do), at least they put on the appearance of being better informed about numismatics than the average third grader. That guy on the right in this clip has been doing this for like thirty years and has managed to keep up the unwavering appearance of absolute idiocy the entire time. How is that possible? How can you spend your entire working life dedicated to making people buy (dubious) numismatic collectibles and not eventually acquire the air of somebody that knows what the ____ they're talking about? OK. Rant over. I'm going to go take a breather.
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents

<< <i>That guy on the right in this clip has been doing this for like thirty years and has managed to keep up the unwavering appearance of absolute idiocy the entire time. How is that possible? >>

I agree. I thought he was a big dope too.

ANACS is the only one to date. Ms67 is the top grade for the WDDR 001 and 002.

They need more of these to really make a splash on tv.

This would get more attention to these coins.
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember which double die it was but someone has a MS 68. Anyone else wonder why they did not put a designation on the holder.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

The MS68 you are talking about is a skeleton finger I believe. I don't remember who has it.
  • Come on guys you get a beautiful Red Oak presentation box with each coin! image
  • Hey....!!!......I like those TV guys...........................................................not................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................image
    ......Larry........image
    I found about 75 of these myself in 5 rolls
    Do they request for ANACS to grade all the coins they submitted as MS 65?

I don't think they have time to fool around with submitting 200 coins and getting 2,3,4,5 different grades.

They wouldn't waste the air-time on selling 95 MS65, 89 MS66, 15 MS67, and 1 MS68.

yes/no?
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    is it worth grading the better examples?
    figglehorn
  • I've always wondered if they lie when they say "already 50 sold" throughout the show to make it seem like there is a limited supply when there really isn't.

I love how he speaks of chinese counterfeits like they'd waste their time making these image

<< <i>I've always wondered if they lie when they say "already 50 sold" throughout the show to make it seem like there is a limited supply when there really isn't.

I love how he speaks of chinese counterfeits like they'd waste their time making these image >>

I thought the same thing. But I went to their website and the coin is not available. Must have sold out.

It would not take long to sell 200 coins in the market they have.
    It would not take long to sell 200 coins in the market they have.

I agree. Only if I could sell to that market. I have a whole lot of those errors and a whole lot of other crap I could get rich on.image

<< <i>It would not take long to sell 200 coins in the market they have.

I agree. Only if I could sell to that market. I have a whole lot of those errors and a whole lot of other crap I could get rich on.image >>

They guy in the video said he would be aggressively buying them. Contact them.
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered if this was just a front to sell loupes to those new error collectors.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

Up until now they have been selling only the obscure errors but now they are getting around to the good ones that are going to command a much higher price. If you notice on ebay now, there are not very many of the WDDR 001's and WDDR 002's. I feel that these are going to be the good ones in the long run in higher grades.
  • I have tons of them, and it was fun looking for them. Guess I got lucky.
    Don't have much invested, so I will keep them for a little while.

You have ton's of the 001's and 002's. That is a lot of coins. I have a lot too but not nearly as many as you I guess.
  • Maybe not tons, but about fifty or sixty.

OK, thats more like it. That is what has destroyed the market for these coins is people saying that they have more of them than they really have.

• << <i>OK, thats more like it. That is what has destroyed the market for these coins is people saying that they have more of them than they really have. >>

I really hope these things carry a premium in the future because then my unopened box of 5 U.S. Mint P&D sets will have some value.

I'm just going out on a limb here but to me it seems if a "rare" coin is sold on TV it can't truly be that rare if it's a phone call away, right? image
    How many coins, on average, are produced by a single die?
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think of the 1955 DDO as "rare" and I can go get one any time but it is big $$$ as long as they go up to $50 or $150 I'll be happy. But that is just me.

Hoard the keys.

That would make me very happy also.

• << <i>I've always wondered if they lie when they say "already 50 sold" throughout the show to make it seem like there is a limited supply when there really isn't.

I love how he speaks of chinese counterfeits like they'd waste their time making these image >>

It's a classic sales technique. Create the impression that something is limited.
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe not tons, but about fifty or sixty. >>

If I had that many, I would contact HSN and sell them. Obviously they can afford to buy at a decent price.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

I have a lot of them but am not going to give them away to anybody. If hsn wants them they will have to pay for them at my price. I have a lot of 50 WDDR 001's and 75 WDDR 002's on ebay now in case anybody decides they want some. These will be worth good money sometime and I am willing to wait.
    Does anyone need help doing the math?

200 x $90 = $18,000

How long are these going to be poo-poo'd, regardless of who or where they're being sold?
  • I have at least 200 of them, I will gladly sell for 1/2 of what HSN is getting image

<< <i>I have at least 200 of them, I will gladly sell for 1/2 of what HSN is getting image >>

200 is a lot. How many LP2 boxes did you open?
    I noticed in the video they have a "Collector's Journal" page showing the error they're selling.

I wonder if they are being supplied by Collectors Alliance.

Collector's Journal

Collectors Alliance

They have the WDDR-001 for $169.95 and the WDDR-002 for $129.95

By the way; HSN has sold out @ $89.95, according to their website.

I am not sure exactly what I have left. I still have about 40 prime date boxes that I have not even opened. The only errors I have kept track of so far is the WDDR 001 which I have in raw form stands at 250 and the WDDR 002 I have about 400. I have 25 MS 67 of the WDDR 001 and 24 MS 67 WDDR 002's. Some MS66's and 65's. I have hundreds of assorted errors put aside to be looked at when they are worth looking at.
    So I guess I am in pretty good shape if they become worth some money later on. Is anybody else ready to say what they have?

• << <i>

<< <i>I have at least 200 of them, I will gladly sell for 1/2 of what HSN is getting image >>

200 is a lot. How many LP2 boxes did you open? >>

Its an estimate actually, I have 60 boxes of the dates which have them, they are still sealed. I opened about 10 of them and ended up with a roll of them raw.

• << <i>I am not sure exactly what I have left. I still have about 40 prime date boxes that I have not even opened. The only errors I have kept track of so far is the WDDR 001 which I have in raw form stands at 250 and the WDDR 002 I have about 400. I have 25 MS 67 of the WDDR 001 and 24 MS 67 WDDR 002's. Some MS66's and 65's. I have hundreds of assorted errors put aside to be looked at when they are worth looking at.
    So I guess I am in pretty good shape if they become worth some money later on. Is anybody else ready to say what they have? >>

Did you get these PCGS or ANACS graded?
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not sure exactly what I have left. I still have about 40 prime date boxes that I have not even opened. The only errors I have kept track of so far is the WDDR 001 which I have in raw form stands at 250 and the WDDR 002 I have about 400. I have 25 MS 67 of the WDDR 001 and 24 MS 67 WDDR 002's. Some MS66's and 65's. I have hundreds of assorted errors put aside to be looked at when they are worth looking at.
    So I guess I am in pretty good shape if they become worth some money later on. Is anybody else ready to say what they have? >>

I sold a lot of my WDDR-001-004, about 30 sets of each for $20 each.
    Covered most of my investment in the boxes. (About 40 boxes)

I still have 37 WDDR-002 (double thumb) with 11 ready for grading, when?
    I have 7 WDDR-002 (sixth finger) ready for grading.
    90 WDDR-003 with 5 ready for grading
    52 WDDR-004 with and without mallet crack
    5 WDDR-006 (Skeleton finger)
    21 with the massive die crack WDDR-013 (My favorite) Including 3 MS66's and 2 MS 65's (NGC, not attributed as WDDR-013)

I was bored and had 5 free listings so I just listed one of the 65's if anyone is interested. (SPAM)

Joe

I have so many of these, I usually give people that are buying them from me another variety too. Sell a WDDR-001 or 002 and give them a 003 or 007, something like that. I haven't sold many... I'd say of the 20 or so boxes I have opened, I have about 100 WDDR-002's, about 80 WDDR-001, about 20 WDDR-006, and about a quarter to half roll of most of the varieties up to 012. I stopped looking past 12, or rather I haven't looked at any coins that have been discovered since 012. I think I have something like 40 boxes left unopened in the correct date range for the major errors. I'll probably use these things like I did my buffalo nickel two rolls sets, to prop up a desk in my basement!!!

I just don't see these things getting much more attention than they already have, and they seem to be readily available on the cheap. It really isn't worth it selling them right now, unless you are looking to bump up your feedback on eBay or something.
  • Does anyone know if the guy pumping these on hsn is with the coinvault? I know the coinvault on shop nbc get their stuff from the same supplier, but I was wondering who suppplies the hsn?

<< <i>I am not sure exactly what I have left. I still have about 40 prime date boxes that I have not even opened. The only errors I have kept track of so far is the WDDR 001 which I have in raw form stands at 250 and the WDDR 002 I have about 400. I have 25 MS 67 of the WDDR 001 and 24 MS 67 WDDR 002's. Some MS66's and 65's. I have hundreds of assorted errors put aside to be looked at when they are worth looking at.

I'm not sure how many 001's and 002's I have, because I haven't opened any of my 200+ prime date boxes. No BS, I have over 200 sealed boxes.

I also have hundreds of DDR's I've found in $25 bank boxes. How many different DDR's & DDO's? I'm guessing I have 20+ different kinds in quantity.

In my lifetime, this is the 1st significant Doubled Die I've had the chance to find raw. I'm having a blast searching for them.

<< <i>

Did you get these PCGS or ANACS graded? >>

ANACS is the only one grading these. I had 80 graded early on and got some great grades.

<< <i>Does anyone know if the guy pumping these on hsn is with the coinvault? I know the coinvault on shop nbc get their stuff from the same supplier, but I was wondering who suppplies the hsn? >>

Who's their supplier?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file