Home U.S. Coin Forum

Should my Wife be mad at me ?

I needed another SDB. Informed my wife last night the Bank was only opened from 9-1pm today, whereas I like her to be a signer on the box as well.
We had various other things to do this morning and didn't get out of the House until Noon. We arrived at the Bank around 12:40. I was given access to the new box around 12:50. The vault door is kept open, with only SDB's inside. My wife was standing outside the Vault door like a little lost kitten. I told her to come on in and sit down, she grumbled naah. I said it's going to take more than a couple minutes, come on in. naah! come on !, then she proceeds inside. I had two boxes out along with my Milk crate of new coins to store. I then closed the inner Black glass door that is kept closed during the day, and allows customers to have privacy while going through their box, unlike most banks that have a separate room/closet for privacy. We're in there a few minutes while I"m loading/shifting etc, then she says "I'm afraid they're going to lock us in here". I said annoyingly " No dear, they're not going to do that." I went back to my job, had coins everywhere on the table and floor tying to get it all packed. In a few more minutes I hear her scream "They locked us in" ......... sure enough. There was about 4" above the glass door that I could bang on the safe door. Started yelling for someone "Hey, we're still in here". Thankfully they heard us and opened the combination in a few minutes. I still had things spread out and asked my wife not to open the Black door because I don't want the employees to know what I store. She said no way, I'm getting out of here. I finished up in a few minutes ........... was a very uncomfortable ride home. She's steaming and left the house to get away from me for a while. She's not mad because they locked us up, but because "I didn't listen to her".
Am I nutz, or is she ? Come on, how can she blame me for dismissing what I thought was such a stupid remark about them locking us up. Thankfully they hadn't set the timer or we'd still be in there. As it turned out, they actually have a box of food/water inside there in case it happens. Interesting. I think the whole thing was interesting ...... but it doesn't look like I'm going to get any dinner tonight.

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if dinner is the only issue, congratulations.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd use a different forum for marital advice.
    These are all coin dweebs here.
  • That is freaking hilarious, no you did nothing wrong, my wife complains all the time and I just drown her out.image
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution: Buy more coins. Get even another SDB.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • it turned out, they actually have a box of food/water inside there in case it happens.

Imagine, you, the coins, everyone elses' coins, your lover and the chow!

Use the crate, line it with what ever you could find and use it as the toilet.

*perfect weekend!*

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Man that would suck to be in there for the weekend WOW take her to sunday dinner and bouth of you will have fun with it. image

Hoard the keys.

<< <i>it turned out, they actually have a box of food/water inside there in case it happens.

Imagine, you, the coins, everyone elses' coins and the chow!

Use the crate, line it with what ever you could find and use it as the toilet.

*perfect weekend!* >>

POTD! imageimageimage
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    if you follow some of the guys advice on here about getting more coins and another SDB, you'll be headed for divorce like some here are and then have to sell your collection to pay for the divorce as well as giving wife half of everything.

Pick a better timing next time. Go earlier so there is more time and don't take the wife. The wife is always right, just remember that......
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    You should have listened to her. Now, you owe her big time. image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Interesting that they have some food and water in there. What was the food by the way? I think your wife over reacted just a little bit. Who in their right mind would ever think that they(bank employee's) would lock you in. Maybe she's has ESP or something, anyway she was right and I wouldnt harp on the subject. Better to let sleeping dogs lye. LOL
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she didn't count that as quality time together?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>She's not mad because they locked us up, but because "I didn't listen to her". >>

And you've been married how long, again?
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, you have some serious backside kissing to do to live this down. I am reminded of the title to that movie. What's it called? Oh, yes..........."Dead Man Walking." Longacre, aren't you glad this didn't happen to you? Tiffany's would have had a sell-out!

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my wife complains all the time and I just drown her out. >>

You must like living on the edge....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • I have one word for you - Flowers!

When momma ain't happy; nobody is happy!image
  • As someone who's been married to his "first wife" for 30+ years, I will tell you that the literal answer to the question posed by the OP is probably:

"On principle!"

Or at least that would be the answer if the question were: "Why is my wife made at me?"
    Tony Barreca

"Question your assumptions."
    "Intelligence is an evolutionary adaptation."
  • funny...I think this kind of thing happened to someone else here too
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She may have initially been crazy to think you'd both be locked in, but the bank proved her correct when they did it.

Therefore, she was right, and nothing you can do will change that.

If I were you though, I'd be more concerned by the fact that your wife is apparently psychic!...so I wouldn't plan anything "funny" if I were you image

Dinner out at her favorite restaurant, along with expensive jewelry, will likely be the only remedy.

Steve
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Lets see here....

Wife Says ""I'm afraid they're going to lock us in here".
    Truth: Wife is right, they lock you in.
    Verdict: Wife was right.

You say annoyingly "No dear, they're not going to do that."
    Truth: You are wrong, they lock you in.
    Verdict: You were wrong

Wife say you never listen to her.
    Truth See Above!
    Verdict: Wife Right. You Wrong.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mental anguish should entitle you to a free box
    complain to the manager.
    LCoopie = Les
  • You should have her play the lotto. If she was able to predict something as strange as that happening she might have a hidden talent.
  • A nice piece of bling should make things right and get you out of the doghouse ..............maybe unless she holds out for a new car or house.
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭
    you know, this is still available on the BST

www.brunkauctions.com

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. She has every right to be mad at you. Next time, listen to her.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    What if you hadn't been heard and later that night while locked in the vault of love the conversation went something like:

Amigo: It's not so bad it just for the weekend.

Wife: What if the bank fails over the weekend and we're stuck here for longer than the weekend?

Which would be Amigo's reply:

A) That's just stupid.

B) At least we have my coins to enjoy.

c) Just think of it as a second honeymoon.
  • TopdollarpaidTopdollarpaid Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    the real problem is that you think your wifes comment was stupid. her feelings are as real as yours
    Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com
  • wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    It's always the guys fault, women never admit to being wrong. Apologize and do something nice for her. Yes, she will bring it up from time to time as well.

<< <i>You should have her play the lotto. If she was able to predict something as strange as that happening she might have a hidden talent. >>

This is true.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a possibility.

To have denied it could happen, then been proven wrong on the matter....

well, you now have some making up to do.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>Am I nutz, or is she ? >>

The only problem I see is your wife knowing what you have in the SDB before your death...

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thinking theres food but you know where would you go #1 or #2. image

Hoard the keys.

• << <i>It's always the guys fault, women never admit to being wrong. Apologize and do something nice for her. Yes, she will bring it up from time to time as well. >>

Absolutely. How many years did it take for you to figure that out? I wish more of you men would just admit defeat. Of course she should be mad, and yes, you're going to hear about it for YEARS! You're going to pay for that for a long time, Buttercup! Well, at least until she backs the car into a tree or the garage door.... image
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Should your wife be mad at you? No.

Does it matter whether or not she *should* be mad at you? Nope.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • I was raised around mostly females Cousins ,Sisters and there is something to be said about female intuition
    I have seen it in action all my life and it is a real phenomenon believe it or not, I have avoided some bad
    situations in my life by heeding a female family members warningsimage
    Sounds like your wife has good intuition also.image
    It is good thing to have in the times in which we live
    Thank God you did not end up having to spend the night in there
    "I Told You So" would have been the major comment for the entire night

Stew
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see here....

Wife Says ""I'm afraid they're going to lock us in here".
    Truth: Wife is right, they lock you in.
    Verdict: Wife was right.

You say annoyingly "No dear, they're not going to do that."
    Truth: You are wrong, they lock you in.
    Verdict: You were wrong

Wife say you never listen to her.
    Truth See Above!
    Verdict: Wife Right. You Wrong.

• Amigo = nutz

it's not about being locked in, it's about dealing with a dismissive 'tude

a. she expressed concern
    b. she predicted it
    c. it happened
    d. then she was told she was nutz for being unhappy about a, b, and c because in the end you got unlocked, so it was like it never happened, right, and what was the big deal?

enjoy your hubby kibble this week!
  • ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better learn to cook!
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Should my Wife be mad at me ?"

If you have to ask, the answer is probably yes!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amigo, with all due respect, it appears to me that you are willfully clueless about other people's comfort zones. DIDN'T IT OCCUR TO YOU, that bank employees would HATE to have to go to a 1/2 day of work on SATURDAY? OF COURSE they are going to want to close up shop as soon as possible. Not paying attention to "the little people" at the bank (who were probably just looking at the clock as it ticked down the seconds from 12:50 to 1:00) is step one... step two is then not paying attention to your wife. Yes, I would say your wife has a right to be mad at you. Beg forgiveness, take her out to dinner, and still be prepared for the incident to be brought up in the future.
  • wot wyfe?

• Should my wife be mad at me?

why should you be any different?

"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter whether she should or shouldn't be mad, she is, so your best defense now is a good offense. Monday morning, go to that bank, close the SDB and make sure you tell them why (honestly, I feel they deserve to lose your business after that stunt). Then go rent a box at a bank with a more conventional set-up.

That night, be sure to tell your wife how you were so bothered by the incident that you moved your business elsewhere and gave the management a piece of your mind on the way out, and that you have a new SDB where you can be sure such a thing can never happen again. With any luck, she'll appreciate the gestures and redirect any remaining anger from you to the bank. If not... well I find I'm most comfortable sleeping on the couch if I take the rear cushions off first. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're an insensitive slob and you should be spanked and tied up with panty hose.
    Preferably on a night of her choosing image
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Should my wife be mad at me?

why should you be any different? >>

Now that is funny.

Joe
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I know one thing, if there were free food in there, I'd a sucked that down before I started hollering for help.

As for the missus being mad, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's good for you. Helps to keep you light on your feet and keeps your wits sharp.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Should my wife be mad at me?

why should you be any different? >>

Best answer yet!!!!
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file