Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Hello everyone. This is a giveaway signup thread. (WINNER PMed)

On October 28th 1980 I started working for my company. SOOOOOOO, tomorrow is the last day, of my 28th year of employment. image I still like my job (most of the time) image
And for my anniversary I'm having a giveaway. image

The prize is going to be a 1980 P-D uncirculated coin set. image

It will be a random draw.

I'll decide when to end the signup later.

When you sign up: Tell me, how long you have had your job, or your longest job, or how long married, if longer. If your in school, what grade?

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

PS
Back at my 25th anniversary time, I told my boss He should forget about a Rollex.
Instead he should give me a 1" Long handel Allen wrench. Made of Bullion grade gold. He liked that. Needless to say, I didn't get one. image
(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Comments

• Options
    thanks for the chance. 17 years at my job
  • Options
    smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭
    I'm in image I have had my current job for 5 months now, I can only imagine 28/29 years.
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Thanks for the chance!

At my job for 12 years.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Never thought of a job give-away!
    Oddly, I celebrated (without any celebration) my 20th on Oct.2nd.
    Before that 9 years 2 months at my previous job.
    Both in the same field.

Thanks Paul.
  • Options
    Hi and congratulations!

I spent 20 years working in the banking industry, 8 years in financial services industry and currently 3 years for a non-profit.

And thanks for the cool giveaway!
  • Options
    My boss is a wonderful guy, I'm self-employed and have been since 1990. My other "boss" and I have been married 40 years as of last July. We have lived at this address now for nearly 25 years so I'd say I have sticktooitiveness.
    Thanks for the chance for the set.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    6 1/2 years at current job.... and counting.image
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance!

I've been working at my job for over 6 years now - my first job too, started when I was 16.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy smokes!
    You don't hear of that type of longevity these days (especially not in the field I am in). I've been at my job for 12+ years now and am in the "top" 15% or so of longevity here (out of just under 100k folks worldwide). 28 years would put someone in the top 10 I think.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    Thanks for the chance and congratulations!

My first job lasted 9 years.
    Then, 2 years each for 2 jobs...the actual should end shortly (it lasted more than 2 years)

I have been married for 3 months (this week)!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

30 years continuous for me, 31 1/2 non-continuous.

Not bad for a 12 year old heh??
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    Count me in & thanks!

7 years on my current job, 5 as an employee and 2 as a contractor.

Married a little over 6 years, would have done that much earlier except we weren't permitted to before June 10, 2003.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    I have been surveying since I was 6; my father was a surveyor. I have been surveying for my living since high school; summer of 1978 (31 years). 2 years with the first firm, 22 years with the second, 2 years with the third, and for the past 5 years I have owned my own business.
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance.

Longest time at one job, over 14 years. That was my last employer.
    Been married 32 years, going on 33. Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance.

I just retired last year after 35 years with the same job, but this was the best year ever.image
  • Options
    papabearpapabear Posts: 849 ✭✭
    Last job I had was 22 1/2 years

This job 3 1/2 years

I have been married for 24 years this Nov 28

dated for 5 years before we got married.

Papabear image
  • Options
    My last job I had was over 23 years.
    I am now semi-retired or retarded(whatever)
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the chance.

I just retired last year after 35 years with the same job, but this was the best year ever.image >>

What was the job?
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    retired for 3 years after teaching middle school science for 32. married for the second time for 4 years with a prior stint of 24 years. Some folks just never learnimage
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    I know this might sound crazy but I have only been collecting for not even a year and am in grade 7! i just Love coins and i sign up for every giveaway I can but have only one 1 or 2. i can't enter alot because I'm from Canada and alot don't alow canadians because they don't ship from US to Canada. so thanks

EDIT: because they don't ship from US to Canada.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for the chance.

I just retired last year after 35 years with the same job, but this was the best year ever.image >>

What was the job? >>

I got to drive a bread truck.
  • Options
    Started my own company in 1990 at 20 years old and am currently my 19th year in business. Thanks for the chance!
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    thank you!

married coming up 6 yrs.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    30 years on the job 48 years old
    15 years marriage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years next month (civilian job)
    5 years next month (national guard)
    5 Months married

Congrats on 28 years!
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Been at my job for almost 6 years now.... only 30 years to go hahahaha.....

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance! Don't have a job now, am a college freshman as of now.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current job 10 years (self employed). I retired from a 20-year career in network engineering 10 years ago and made the mistake of turning a hobby into a business. Been married almost 16 years.
    Lance.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accidently started my profession in television production as a senior in high school with a part time camera man job... that was 1991.
    Somehow it's 19 years later & I'm still working in television. Happy to say I still enjoy the profession & challenge. I wish I could say I felt
    the same way for the deterioration news coverage and main stream television media in general .

Thanks & congrats!
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Thanx for the chance
    23+ years in my current job

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    ben on the job now, 2 year, found one just down the street. so much nicer working close to home, before that 12 years
    married 10 years first go around and working on 13 now. thanks for the change
    john
    References

Loe-steelielee-bought 690. sale
    nate-grandrapidian-bought 70. sale
    Paul-commoncents-3500+ sales
    Ken-jfoot-sold-125.00 sale
    Mike-mozeppa-bought 1080. sale
    Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance... just retired from my job after exactly 20 years. Great company and great job. However, retirement is even better. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity!

29 years, 4 months, and 8 days ago, I signed my employment contract, and expect I'll stick around a few more years.

It pays for my hobby, you know... image
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    October marks the end of my 25th year of self-employment. Love it and wouldn't change a thing!image

If I get picked to win, send the prize to Cody (acodym).

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many, many jobs over the years. 6.5 years in the last one which ended two weeks ago today.

But, I can brag that I've been together with my wife for over 41 years now and happily still counting!

Off and on collecting for over 50 years.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    tggrtggr Posts: 748
    My job for 13 years now retired
  • Options

<< <i>October marks the end of my 25th year of self-employment. Love it and wouldn't change a thing!image

If I get picked to win, send the prize to Cody (acodym). >>

Excellent choice!! The same goes for me.
  • Options
    14 years at previous job. Almost 10 years at current.
    Congratulations and thanks for the chance.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...you don't see that too often anymore! Congrats on the anniversary...I doubt I will see that in my job!!

8.25 years in current...
    10.5 years is my longest...
    13.5 years of marriage...

Time keeps rolling along....it has been a great ride so far!

Oh....And thanks for the chance....

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance. 12 years at my job.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 27 years and seven months at my first real job. The U.S. Air Force I retired as a Senior Master Sargent.
    Spent the last fiteen years working for a Window and Door company and retired again three months ago.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Congrats! I was born a week after you started your new job image

Edit, Just now read the rules lol. I've been self employed for 5 years. Not married but in a 10 year relationship.
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    I worked at the same job for 36yrs, loved every minute of it----retired in 1993, really enjoying myself now--been married to the same woman for 52+yrs----wouldn't change any of it.

Good luck to you in your retirement; stay healthy, happy, and do what you want.

Thanks for the chance.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance - I've been with my company for 13 years - before that - 15 years .

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost my job 2 years and 3 months ago - still unemployed, although I have organized and led a couple of private safaris to Africa in the interim. Married for 24 years and 3 months - wife is the chief breadwinner these days...

Thanks for the opportunity!
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    I've been at my job 12 years...over 40% of my life. Wowza!
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only real job straight out of High School started in 1968

so 41 years with the add of 4 of that while I was in the Air Force.
    also was forced retired for 5 years without missing a day, hired back as contractor
    then forced hired back to core employee.
    confusing I know

just hit 39 years of marriage

Thanks for the chance
  • Options
    Wow thanks FilthyBroke and Robec!! I never had someone say if they won to give it to me!! This is one (out of many) of the nice things I like about coin collecting.......the others are really nice!!! image LOL
  • Options
    33 years in the same profession- with several different companies.

married 7 years this time, we won't mention the other 2.

I'm tired of working- have all of you paid your taxes and are up to date? I want to file for welfare and I need to make sure you have all paid in..

have a great day!