Home Metal Detecting
Options

Took the VISION out to The Mojave looking for GOLD ;-)

Took the VISION out to The Mojave looking for GOLD ;-)
NOT what I had expected :-
Tarantula Guarding the GOLD

Jerry
CROCK of COINS
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    WOW! Either that creature is gi-normous or the shovel he was standing in is teeney. image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerry, have you ever encountered the ones that squirt a thin stream of blood from their eyes? It is a defense mechanism. I bent down to look at one once and it got the front of my shirt... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know what you find.
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Let us know what you find.
    image >>

Ummmmmmm.........
    He found a tarantula.

Ray
  • Options
    As a kid in Oklahoma i looked over once to see one on my shoulder, I still dream about it, uugggghhh.
  • Options

<< <i>WOW! Either that creature is gi-normous or the shovel he was standing in is teeney. image >>

LOL...Mary, The bowl part of that scoop is 6.5 inch from the handle to the front of the scoop ;-)

I brought home about a 5 Gal bucket of dirt that went through 3 screens to get rid of rocks. It is about 40°F cooler at home. And less BUGS!

So now I can pan the dirt or use the "Desert Fox spiral wheel" : http://www.desfox.com/

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    That spiral wheel looks really good. If I still lived out west I would buy one. How do you like it?? Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>That spiral wheel looks really good. If I still lived out west I would buy one. How do you like it?? Cheers, RickO >>

Never used a wheel, but I swear by the BlueBowl for seperating black sand from the yeller stuff!
  • Options
    <!--StartFragment --> I like it Rick. When you use a pan, you either spend too much time when not finding much OR get in a hurry and overlook the small stuff :-(

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Jerry, from your reply, I would surmise it works as well or better than hand panning. I sure wish I was back out west, there are some great panning places where a machine like that would really pay off. Cheers, RickO