Home Precious Metals
Options

5000 ozs of silver and 1kg of gold

WOW!

Sorry if this has been posted before, but wow! Including 2 1,000 oz silver bars.
To support LordM's European Trip, click here!

Comments

• Options
    A true STACKER. He even has a steel table to hold the weight of his haul. Hope thats a walk in vault he's in.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    wow!!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Very nice. If silver takes a decent dip I'm gonna grab one of those 1k oz bars. Those are massive.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I've seen a 1k oz bar shown next to 100 and 10 oz bars for scale. Those things are huge. Much bigger than I imagined.
    As I've said before: I love them, and the idea of them is great. But they kind of run contrary to why I own metals.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    I agree Weiss,

That would be like viewing a fifty pound morgan dollar, a bit of over kill for the senses. One good thing, bet a robber would have a hard time running down the street with that thing in his pocket!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have ten 100 oz bars than one monster 1000 oz bar which is impractical for the average investor.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Cool video. The 1,000oz bars look bigger than they really are. image

A silver cube 4" X 4" X 11" weighs about 1,000 troy ounces. The video makes the bars look twice that size to me. image

Maybe it's the camera angle or the very small table the bullion is sitting on, but to me the 1,000 ouncers look twice that size!

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Makes me wanna throw my PM collection into the garbage and put one in my left ear!
  • Options
    What a picture you created Gecko ! image
  • Options

<< <i>I'd rather have ten 100 oz bars than one monster 1000 oz bar which is impractical for the average investor. >>

Yeah, not only is the 1,000 oz. bar hard to lug around weighing 70 lbs. but even with Silver low priced at a little under $15 you'd have to have nearly $15,000 to buy it.
    It's much better to have smaller denomination bars and rounds cause when Silver does make it's run your holdings will be much easier to liquidate, another thing to consider is the buyers may pay way back of spot for something that large while smaller size Silver may bring spot or higher.
  • Options
    That's a pretty nice hoard of Silver, I'm gonna but a digital camera and post my Silver holdings someday soon.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like most of us are in agreement: 1K oz bars are sexy as hell, but impractical. Like a Lamborghini for your morning commute.

Along the same lines: I kind of question his choice in gold bars. 100 grams? Might be the standard globally (tho maybe not), but I'd much rather have 1 oz bars. I think 1 oz would be more widely recognized here in the states. I've seen hundreds, maybe thousands of 1 oz bars, but in 30 years of playing with metals I've never held or even seen in person a 100 gram bar. 1 oz bars are smaller and therefore easier to liquidate, too. Easier to trade if need be. It's not quite as bad as a kilo gold bar, which I guess would be the gold equivalent to a 1k oz silver bar. The 100 gram bars are cool, but just not as practical as 1 oz. Agree or disagree?
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Sure the smaller bars probably a little easier to sell but I'm kinda liking the Large bars. Must be from playing with those small ones all this time image. I'm sure 1000k oz bar of silver wouldn't be too hard to get rid of very close to spot price. Could always sawzall it up image.

I have no problems with 100g gold bars. Actually I think they are mighty cool.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to only buy bullion products that Ampex or CNI have published buys on. The rest I shy away from. ( true collector bars are another story and are not included in my statement)

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>Sounds like most of us are in agreement: 1K oz bars are sexy as hell, but impractical. Like a Lamborghini for your morning commute.

Along the same lines: I kind of question his choice in gold bars. 100 grams? Might be the standard globally (tho maybe not), but I'd much rather have 1 oz bars. I think 1 oz would be more widely recognized here in the states. I've seen hundreds, maybe thousands of 1 oz bars, but in 30 years of playing with metals I've never held or even seen in person a 100 gram bar. 1 oz bars are smaller and therefore easier to liquidate, too. Easier to trade if need be. It's not quite as bad as a kilo gold bar, which I guess would be the gold equivalent to a 1k oz silver bar. The 100 gram bars are cool, but just not as practical as 1 oz. Agree or disagree? >>

From a PURELY practical standpoint, your stance is very valid Weiss. But because humans are often not always practical, there will always be a strong market for "unusual" things such as a 100 gram gold bar. Ideally, in a SHTF scenario, it would be much more beneficial to have 100 of the 1 gram gold bars in your pile than a single 100g bar. But there is something to be said for just how sweet this thing feels in the hand!!! We all are responsible people here, spending our extra cash on silver and gold rather than PS3, designer clothes, or a plethora of other wasteful items. So why not have a little fun once in awhile and treat yourself to a 100g gold bar?image

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    apmex has 100 gram gold bars, they look very cool.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like most of us are in agreement: 1K oz bars are sexy as hell, but impractical. Like a Lamborghini for your morning commute.

Along the same lines: I kind of question his choice in gold bars. 100 grams? Might be the standard globally (tho maybe not), but I'd much rather have 1 oz bars. I think 1 oz would be more widely recognized here in the states. I've seen hundreds, maybe thousands of 1 oz bars, but in 30 years of playing with metals I've never held or even seen in person a 100 gram bar. 1 oz bars are smaller and therefore easier to liquidate, too. Easier to trade if need be. It's not quite as bad as a kilo gold bar, which I guess would be the gold equivalent to a 1k oz silver bar. The 100 gram bars are cool, but just not as practical as 1 oz. Agree or disagree? >>

As far as gold, I'd rather have one oz coins---Maples, AGE's, K-Rands, etc. Easier to liquidate if need be.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.