Home Precious Metals

How do YOU make an offer for RAW Gold?

I like to get/ask around SPOT PRICE + 25%

What do you do?

Comments

• gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Are you talking about raw placer gold, such as nuggets?
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you talking about raw placer gold, such as nuggets? >>

Ungraded gold, coins, like OGP stuff.

• << <i>I like to get/ask around SPOT PRICE + 25% // I too would like to get +25% above spot for all my gold too! I would sell $20,000 worth ! If you find out how to get 25% more then spot please share the how too info!

What do you do? >>

Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • I allways find out when I sell gold they want to pay me below spot not above
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
  • carscars Posts: 1,904
    local shop here offered me $300 under spot lol.
    Its all relative

• << <i>local shop here offered me $300 under spot lol. >>

$300.00 below spot! and you didnt hit him?
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    You cannot get 25% over melt for common gold coins/bars unless you find a real chump. In fact, you are doing well to get the newspaper price on common stuff....most places pay from 90-97% back of bid on common gold. If you had semi-key date gold pandas, 25% over is attainable if sold in the correct venue. I have even gotten more than 25% over on the more esoteric gold bars from time to time, but again...we are talking about stuff rarely seen, not U.S. modern gold commems. So the point is, unless its relatively scarce gold material you are selling, you arent going to get 25% over on it unless you take out a multi thousand dollar full page newspaper ad and hype the carp out of it.image
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>local shop here offered me $300 under spot lol. >>

Who was this dealer? Such crooks should be exposed.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please clarify the title of the thread and your post. Is that how you make an offer for raw gold, to pay 25% over melt? I am sure that at that price you will buy quite a lot.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

<< <i>

Who was this dealer? Such crooks should be exposed. >>

Look no further than here.. image
  • carscars Posts: 1,904
    The dealer has a small ( I mean small) shop in Mount Gilead Ohio. Its called something like Wolves coins and he is also a seller on eBay. He went on to tell me he only makes around $50 per oz of gold when he would be able to sell it lol. I did feel like hitting him. I also asked his buy price on 90% and told him I had a $1000 face i was willing to sell. This was a while back when silver was $10/oz +/- but 90% was selling @ 10-11x fv. He offered me 5.5x. I turned him down then he proceeds to tell me he can't keep it in the shop and has a buyer that wants $10k fv @ 10x but he can't fill the order. There is a little "junk" shop across the street from him that was paying 9x fv on the same day. I ended up selling it on Craigslist for 10.5x.

Edit: It was a 1 oz JM gold bar I was inquiring about selling not like it was generic.
    Its all relative
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Who was this dealer? Such crooks should be exposed. >>

Look no further than here.. image >>

Good one.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    Point your .44 cal 6 shooter at a miner and tell him to fork it over.

Ray
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like to get/ask around SPOT PRICE + 25%

What do you do? >>

Still waiting for a clarification of your title and first posting. Are you talking about making an offer to BUY raw gold, or an offer to SELL raw gold?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.