Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 SAE Proof + W coins??

Anyone seen any news about production starting on 2009 coins?

Mint website still shows the Not being made because of high demand for the plain bullion coins, and no blanks availible.

(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hopefully they actually mint the 09 PROOFS this year... image
    I'd love to see low mintages image
  • Options
    Ya,

I just bumped up my subscription a few units just in case.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    They could release these as late as November and sell them into next year so I think we will see the proof at least.
  • Options

<< <i>They could release these as late as November and sell them into next year so I think we will see the proof at least. >>

You think they would last until 2010???
    I honestly think if they sold them in December, it would be a mighty fine, quick sell out.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Let's hope you are right.image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They could release these as late as November and sell them into next year so I think we will see the proof at least. >>

You think they would last until 2010???
    I honestly think if they sold them in December, it would be a mighty fine, quick sell out. >>

They can, and have in the past, until the following years sets or coins are issued.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Any more news of the 2009W uncirculated 2009W SAEs?
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Apparently none... as I'm waiting too, both proofs & uncirc's. Waiting on the 2009 Uncirc Set, too...

Methinks the 2009's - the SAE's - will be in short supply, even if they are minted into 2010. If that happens, likely BOTH years will be low mintages, and worth premiums.

I dunno... I'm just an amateur... it just seems to me the Mint is squeezing both ends against the middle... after all, they shoulda started minting these back in 2008... how much longer can they wait before they begin?

I'm thinking of cornering the market (remember the Hunt brothers?) and buying a few hundred... thousand image
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    The 2008 W is still on sale (in the dollar set) and we are getting close to 2010

I think it's safe to say that the 2009 W will be on sale into 2010 (maybe 2011) image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or...maybe they will skip 2009, and only a few pirated coins will get to market, setting up another landmark court case. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the previous, empty post. I hit the wrong key.

...We should have no trouble purchasing the Chinese ASE...

On second thought, sorry for this empty post as well. HM
  • Options
    Well I had to up my subscription to 5 and play the odds.....

Who knows, I may just get a reverse of 2008 too image
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I really can't afford it but just got a subscription of 20 each of the proof and uncirculated. Playing the odds. Rather do it now than regret not doing it later. I regret not getting more 2008 Buffalo fractionals last year. This is the first year in the history of minting of these of no announcement that the U.S. Mint will produce these, unless they started production several months ago( NN article) and are deliberately keeping the announcement under wraps for marketing purposes. The perfect storm is brewing I believe. Silver at $16.50 may push demand up for the regular 09 ASE Bullion again taking away from the production run of the Ws.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there waiting until they send the x-mas fliers out?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all available 22-karat gold blanks

what's up with that??? 22k is only a little above .900 fine and the AGE's are .999, right??
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    The AGEs are .900 fine.

The Buffalos were the first .9999 fine US Bullion, I believe.

If they don't cough up 2009-W proof silver eagles soon, it'll be a heck of a hole in that series. Not long after the 20th anniversary too! image
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    No, Gold eagles are 22k.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

If they don't keep the silver "W" series going , I am all done buying from the mint!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file