Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 lincoln ddr thread for "BOX DATES AND NUMBER FOUND"

in hopes to add ease to this this thread is just for box dates and number found...please update your replies as more are searched

myself...8 more boxes are incoming and i'll edit as they arrive...but so far...

my tally is...
04-29...10:31........produced................................ 10 ddr-2 and 7 ddr-1
04-24...10:12........produced...................................1 ddr-2 and 7 ddr-1
04-16....................produced..................................................-0-
04-29....................2 boxes produced.....................................-0-
4-17......................2 boxes produced..................... 9 ddr-2 and 19 ddr-1
4-28......................produced.............................................................1 ddr-1
4-27......................2 boxes produced......................2 ddr-2 and 19 ddr-1

dated boxes with found ddr's are ...

04 dated...15/16/17/20/21/23/24/27/28/29/30

05 dated...01/05/06

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Comments

• Options
    4/20 = nothing
    4/21 = One DDR1
    4/21-nothing
    4/24=nothing
    4/24-Three DDR2( extra finger) and Four ddr1 (Thumb) time stamp: 12:16 Yee Haw!!
    4/24- Three DDR1 Time stamp: 07:15

05/05---19 DDR 001 from 2 rolls
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    5 boxes of 4-28-09.

Still sealed. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    I have 4 boxes date 5/05 and only searched 1 roll and found only 1 ddr#2. I guess the earlier boxes have the most ddr's.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have only opened 6 boxes and have 75 more on the way to me.

In my 6 boxes I have found 24-001 and 25-002
    2 rolls I did not open because the have errors showing on both ends.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

1 box 4/14 0 found
    1 box 4/20 7 cddr-004
    3 boxes 4/30 13 cddr-001, 14 cddr-002, 10 cddr-003, 11 cddr-004

Joe
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    1 box 4/27/09, 9:55 DDR-1 (on one end - I haven't opened to roll -- heads on the other end).
    1 box 4/27/09, 9:55 still sealed.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    I have 5 boxes of 4/13 and haven't searched them. Any luck with this date?
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

<< <i>5 boxes of 4-28-09.

Still sealed. image >>

Chicken.....image
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>

<< <i>5 boxes of 4-28-09.

Still sealed. image >>

Chicken.....image >>

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have 5 boxes of 4/13 and haven't searched them. Any luck with this date? >>

Not that I've heard, and I've been listening!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have 5 boxes of 4/13 and haven't searched them. Any luck with this date? >>

Not that I've heard, and I've been listening! >>

Same here, I haven't heard of any in that date YET. At the going rate you might be able to get double your money back if you sell now. I still would open one to see and check back here and post your results.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    4/29---DDR-001=(27)----DDR-002=(35)----DDR-003=(16)
    all from only 3 boxes all the same dates. Only 1 more box of that date left, sold one to Billy Crawford also.
    So far I have coming my way, 14 boxes dated 4/28 , 3 boxes dated 4/22, and another box dated 4/29.
    Good luck to everyone.
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    just opened box 4/17 found 9 DDR 002 (double thumb)image
    figglehorn
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>just opened box 4/17 found 9 DDR 002 (double thumb)image >>

4/17 was my birthday....do I win one of them? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    4/29 is the sweet spot. One box I bought from the mint yielded 11 DDR 01 9 DDR 02 and 11 DRR 04. Another box same date has both ends showing a DDR-01 which I will keep intact. However one I purchaseed on ebay dated 4/29 yielded nada zip, not one DDR. One box dated 4/20 yielded only 11 DDR 04s. So its a crap shoot. Good luck to everyone. I sure am having fun with these rolls.
  • Options

I have to agree that the sweet spot is around 4/27 to 4/30. I have 30 box's coming in that span. Tje prices are increasing on these coins in that area, I cleaned up on 5 box's of 4/30's .
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    OK, I'm going to show my lack of understanding of numimatics... Why all the excitment over a few varieties of a penny that you need a microscope to see? At least with coins like the 2008/2007 reverse you can actually see the error (and it's made of silver), but a penny that you can't see with the naked eye? I don't get it.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i>OK, I'm going to show my lack of understanding of numimatics... Why all the excitment over a few varieties of a penny that you need a microscope to see? At least with coins like the 2008/2007 reverse you can actually see the error (and it's made of silver), but a penny that you can't see with the naked eye? I don't get it. >>

You do realize that you just compared the size of a cent to the size of an ASE, right?
    imageRIP
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    <<<OK, I'm going to show my lack of understanding of numimatics... Why all the excitment over a few varieties of a penny that you need a microscope to see? At least with coins like the 2008/2007 reverse you can actually see the error (and it's made of silver), but a penny that you can't see with the naked eye? I don't get it.>>>

these are to the nakit eye...in the most widely collected series..." like the 1984 ddo's being a doubled ear"...these are doubled fingers

this is the year of the lincoln...100th anniversary...it has it's own draw going as the lines at the mint on each release is incredible

this thread is too keep the box dates current so those here who'd like to be in...have current info

these are true double dies...this is in the early phaze
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    I opened just one of my boxes - 4/28 8:43 found 7 DDR-002.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to all!!!!

I have 10 boxes dated 4/29, one of which I gave to collector friends yesterday as a gift (before I began reading the Errror posts), and have yet to open any..........

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i><<<OK, it. get don?t I eye? naked the with see can?t you that penny a but silver), of made it?s (and error actually can reverse 2007 2008 like coins least At see? to microscope need varieties few over excitment all Why numimatics... understanding lack my show going I?m>>> these are to the nakit eye...in the most widely collected series..." like the 1984 ddo's being a doubled ear"...these are doubled fingers this is the year of the lincoln...100th anniversary...it has it's own draw going as the lines at the mint on each release is incredible this thread is too keep the box dates current so those here who'd like to be in...have current info these are true double dies...this is in the early phaze >>

True that. When the first extra leaf wisconsins were found, they went for $10-20 each. After about 60 days they hit $100, then moon money after 90 days. I still cannnot see a High Leaf w/o my glasses, I thought the wisconsin was microscopic and silly.....
  • Options

As soon as I get some more of mine in, I will report what I have found.
    I still have around 60 box's coming in the key dats area.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the KINKY part...I tried, but failed. to cancel my MINT Formative Roll orders "ON TIME"....oh well.......

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Just opened my five boxes dated 4/23. Every roll had an error with a longer digit as listed in the other thread. Is this a different variety?
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    (5) boxes of 4/17 - (40) DDR-001 "Big Thumb", (19) DDR-002 "6th Finger" & (42) DDR-003
    (1) Box of 4/21 - NOTHING!!
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    4/27/09 one roll opened and 9 DDR#1's found 5 DDR#2's found..

I have four more boxes sealed from that lot and will sell for $1,000 a piece.image

Daddy needs a new pair of Tiger Woods gold shoes..image
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4/16

Found nine ddr2 in one roll
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 4-20's still sealed.
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    April 20. Opened 1 roll found 5 DDR1. What a nice job the Mint did washing them before shipping. Thank You! (I might add please consider using a rinse agent next time to help eliminate those spots!)
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options

I don't see how you can compare these to the high leaf quarter

people seem to be finding a lot of these, the quarters were much harder to find.

guess time will tell.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't see how you can compare these to the high leaf quarter

people seem to be finding a lot of these, the quarters were much harder to find.

guess time will tell. >>

Very true, they should not be considered the same as the high leaf coins cause these were not made on purpose by mint employees trying to make a buck.
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming you guys are talking about boxes of the "2 roll set" of formative years from the mint , right. No one is buying $50 brinks boxes, right? Also you have no way of knowing the date on the box these until they're in your hands, right?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    Wrong! Ask the seller.
  • Options

<< <i>I am assuming you guys are talking about boxes of the "2 roll set" of formative years from the mint , right. No one is buying $50 brinks boxes, right? Also you have no way of knowing the date on the box these until they're in your hands, right? >>

Not in the $50 brinks boxes. Ask the seller what the dates are on their boxes before buying, or look at their pictures and READ their descriptions. I have seen auctions where there have pics of good dated boxes but in their description it says they are dated 5/**/09 and not the same as in the pictures.
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see how you can compare these to the high leaf quarter

guess time will tell. >>

I see this as BIGGER than Extra Leaf.

The number of people who collect pennies is hugh.

Just because our little world knows about these and is seeing a lot of these doesn't mean everyone else does. I was watching the Nickels for a couple weeks until it hit the news, by that time the people in Tuscon had been to every bank in town, and they were already labeled by PCGS as extra leaf. You could have bought all the nickels you wanted for a few bucks. Kind of like the Lincoln is now.

Don't be fooled. This is BIG...

• Options
    kingkoin56kingkoin56 Posts: 343 ✭✭
    Out of five boxes dated 4-28-09 36 DDR-001 20 or more of the neck clashes
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    With this many DDR finds, I'm a bit skeptical as to their staying power as a "rarity."
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    So any opinions as to how many dies produced these DDRs? Was it just one die and if so what is maximum minted from that die? This could give an idea of how many might have been produced?
  • Options

so what are the NEWEST dated boxes out there??

I have some dated 5-6.
  • Options

I don't know that answer but there are still a few errors being reported in the 5/06 box's.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>So any opinions as to how many dies produced these DDRs? Was it just one die and if so what is maximum minted from that die? This could give an idea of how many might have been produced? >>

Its 1 die per DD, but single dies can produce over 100K coins. The double thumb seems to be the most common.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't see how you can compare these to the high leaf quarter people seem to be finding a lot of these, the quarters were much harder to find. guess time will tell. >>

Very true, they should not be considered the same as the high leaf coins cause these were not made on purpose by mint employees trying to make a buck. >>

All mint errors happened naturally. Wisconsins happened 'on purpose'. How often does THAT happen?

Frankly, I still do not understand how the 6th finger happened. Can someone explain that? Thanks
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Its 1 die per DD, but single dies can produce over 100K coins. >>

I think it's more like 250K-500K per die.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    I have 4 boxes dated 4/16 I'm thinking about busting into. I haven't pulled all of the diagnostics up yet, but these have all been Philly mint, right? Any finds in Stringer wrapped rolls? Fun times!
  • Options

So far I have gone through 2000 coins just looking for 001 and 002 and have come up with----

109 001

47 002

ready to do another 2000 tomorrow.
  • Options

<< <i>so what are the NEWEST dated boxes out there??

I have some dated 5-6. >>

I do too. I also have some dated 4/13. Doubt they are any good though.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some must of gone in the bank box's of Phily. image I picked some up just to see I'll keep you all updated.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    opened box dated 4/23

7 extra long sixth finger
    figglehorn
  • Options

I think the number of errors being found is decreasing rapidly. I only found a few today and gave up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file