•UHR will go to $1,339.00
•Uncirculated First Spouse Coins to $641.00, and
•Proof First Spouse Coins to $654.00.

Coin News Link

Bet sales come to a crawl!!!!

Comments

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are raw UHR bringing right now. I havn't looked for about a month. They were bringing $1600 or so awhile back.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Still less than you can get them for on e-bay, might as well get it from the source.

I have yet to get one.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats only about $350-$400 over SPOT image

Edited to add:

Bucko bucks for the mint
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i tried to buy another one last week, of course the one per household limit is in effect.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any rational reason why the limit of 1 per household should still be in effect?

Opinions?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there any rational reason why the limit of 1 per household should still be in effect?

Opinions? >>

Yes, it may keep the rest of us who already have one or so, from making the plunge on another UHR!!!

Bless the Mint!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's buying now???

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I had to dig this up and post a reply......

14977XXX 407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS69 788 1690 $3,100
    14275XXX 407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS70 1690 $4,250

Especially in this manipulated market, I am pleased.

(l8-)>>

• Options

<< <i>The gold average has moved above $950 an ounce, which means:

Coin News Link

Bet sales come to a crawl!!!! >>

edited to add: Congrats Edgar on your UHR grades.....I too have a FS70!!!! image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who's buying now???

image >>

I'm in for about, say 100, at that price. Thanks :-)
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

The weird thing is that when they came out at $1189.00 I believe.....I told everyone I knew relatives,friends,ect to buy a few and everyone of them told me where to go.image
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

My MS-70 PL is at $5,300 with 2 days to go ... Yeah!

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Bought at 1189 and at 1410. No regrets. One was sold at the beginning of this year. A mistake. Oh well. That one was the 69. I made the PCGS 70 on the $1410 purchase. Bought on the last day of sale at the U.S. Mint. In my pernament collection.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    so where did the big mouths go that thought they would buy this coin at bullion levels?

gone, of course.
  • Options

<< <i>so where did the big mouths go that thought they would buy this coin at bullion levels?

gone, of course. >>

I remember them folk!!!! image
  • Options
    I for one will admit to being completely wrong on this one.

I believe the real take away lesson for all collectors is something that is becoming increasingly clear to many modern collectors especially those with Gold Spouse and Platinum Eagles.

Lesson is...........................

The market price isn't simply a product of mintage alone but rather a product of DEMAND and mintage.

What I failed to see with this issure was the depth of demand.

I never would have guessed they could offer these for almost 1 year, sell 100,000 and yet coins are still selling for a significant premium.
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought at 1189 and at 1410. No regrets. One was sold at the beginning of this year. A mistake. Oh well. That one was the 69. I made the PCGS 70 on the $1410 purchase. Bought on the last day of sale at the U.S. Mint. In my pernament collection. >>

I bought at $1300, sold at $1800. Bought again at $2200 and that has been put away safe and sound for twenty years. (I have several items put away for 20 years. 2031 will be a pretty exciting year for me).
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<2031 will be a pretty exciting year for me>>

Me too...I'll probably be sipping food through a straw at a nursing home by then!!!
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...but don't you know that gold's going to plummet back to $700/ounce any minute now...just read that in the Financial Times this AM.

So you still might get some UHR's on the cheap...the REAL CHEAP!

Why...because gold's just a "collectible" without any real use or value. Uh huh...you mean like stocks and bonds in "good" companies that can suddenly implode tomorrow?
  • Options
    I still have mine sealed in the box. I didn't open it because it is FS eligible. Maybe it is time to send it in and see what happens....
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    JeshJesh Posts: 277
    It's no longer FS eligible, even if the date on the box shows that date. There was a cutoff of when it was received.
  • Options

<< <i>It's no longer FS eligible, even if the date on the box shows that date. There was a cutoff of when it was received. >>

Are you sure about that? That isn't what this says...

First Strike
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    still fs eligible from PCGS
    not eligible for er at NGC

the major diff is if the us mint mailing box is sealed and intact when received by PCGS and shows a receipt date earlier than cutoff.

NGC is a strict "the coin must be in our hands by a certain date" no diff, sealed or not.
  • Options
    JeshJesh Posts: 277
    Oops sorry about that, someone told me NGC and PCGS had the same policy on it.
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My MS-70 PL is at $5,300 with 2 days to go ... Yeah! >>

Final winning bid = $6,900

• Options
    still climbing...

407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS69 791 1688 $3,400

407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS70 1688 0 $4,600

(l8-)>>

• Options
    These remain the MOTHER of all modern gold coin offerings from the Mint.

It's hard to believe they offered us unbridled access to such a beauty and we wondered aloud - is this a good buy?? Will it do well long-term??

The new questions is - how important can she become? How many do you have......is it enough?

Cue the Bully PCGS photo, please......

Miles
  • Options

<< <i>These remain the MOTHER of all modern gold coin offerings from the Mint.

It's hard to believe they offered us unbridled access to such a beauty and we wondered aloud - is this a good buy?? Will it do well long-term??

The new questions is - how important can she become? How many do you have......is it enough?

Cue the Bully PCGS photo, please......

Miles >>

Nobody has a better "way with words" when it comes to describing top notch Mint coinage.
    Mr. Miles Waits......photo cue complete!

edited to add: Oh and thanks edgar, the last time I checked, the PCGS value was $4,000....it's now $4,600!!! image
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    > It's hard to believe they offered us unbridled access to such a beauty and we wondered aloud - is this a good buy?? Will it do well long-term??

For me it was more that it was just an expensive coin. Sure I wanted 5 of the, I just wasn't willing to pony up so much.

If only I could go back. image

-Keith
  • Options
    That image and your timing are magic Bully!! Goosebumps, baby.

Miles
  • Options
    She finally struck 5 (even with gold's pull back)

407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS70 1691 $1,300.00 $5,000.00 Price Increase

(l8-)>>

• Options

Here's mine. No shot at PL though. I had it graded before PCGS gave out the PL designation also.
  • Options
    I consider missing this coin my largest collecting mistake to date. At the time I was focused on finding first spouse Jackson & Van Burens priced off of melt (and I'm glad I bought them), but I still should have forced myself to buy at least one of these. They truly are quite stunning in hand.

• Options
    OT belly button question. pf70's coin has no belly button. goldbully's does have one. Is it just the picture angle or how the actual coin looks like?
  • Options

<< <i>OT belly button question. pf70's coin has no belly button. goldbully's does have one. Is it just the picture angle or how the actual coin looks like? >>

Now that's what I call a first post!!! image

image mkx!
  • Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OT belly button question. pf70's coin has no belly button. goldbully's does have one. Is it just the picture angle or how the actual coin looks like? >>

It's the new FBB designation (Full Belly Button) image

--Edward

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Good thread. Welcome MKX.
  • Options
    I know little about how to cherry pick a UHR for grading, but I have one really nice (to me) and have been thinking about grading for a while now. As FS is out, what labels are available for members or is there just one? I was asking about a Mercanti on another thread but it was ASE and this seems more appropriate to ask. Also, do you send it express, secure plus, any thoughts would be helpful, thanks. Welcome MKX, your first post great, made me go back and look for the belly button!
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish the title of this thread would change because i keep seeing $1,339 for a UHR and freaking out...
  • Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    What do these sell for in original mintpackaging?

-D
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace
  • Options
    This is a most generous offer, OP. I'll take as many as you have at that price.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking a few of years. I was going to post in the million $ gold thread but remebered I only have a gold crown I found a long time ago at a payphone.
    Still no answer to belly button or no belly button...
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking a few of years. I was going to post in the million $ gold thread but remebered I only have a gold crown I found a long time ago at a payphone.
    Still no answer to belly button or no belly button... >>

I thought you were talking dental work when you mentioned a gold crown, how'd it get into a payphone?
    Paul
  • Options
    How the crown got there I don't know. I went to make a call, this is before cell phones, my boss had paged me and it was sitting on the tray where the phone books used to go. How many rememeber any of those things image oh and it cost a dime to make call.
  • Options
    Thursday September 29, 2011 10:24 PM

407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS69 788 1690 $3,100
    407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS70 1690 $4,250

Friday December 16, 2011 9:45 AM

407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS69 802 1692 $3625.00
    407405 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike $20 MS70 1692 $5050.00

That's a pretty good increase over the latest 4 months, seems to be accelerating. Do you think these prices will hold long term?

What is your expected price max on these?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    I thought I read that a lot of these went overseas. Maybe there are not that many in the states? Limited supply maybe? Are these allowed in IRAs?
  • Options
    A lot of them went overseas so they can learn how better clone them

Sorry could not resist image
  • Options

<< <i>The gold average has moved above $950 an ounce, which means:

Coin News Link

Bet sales come to a crawl!!!! >>

Bet I was way wrong!!!!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is good we can laugh at ourselves when our predictions go awry... I myself am a constant source of self entertainment.. image Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file