Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX Has a reverse customer satisfaction guarantee policy

Instead of abiding by the customer satisfaction policy that they blazen all over their site, they just dump you as a customer.

If you don't want people returning items then don't misrepresent what you are selling, ie, Pics of certified gold with out the carbon spots and no note of same in description.
Advertising "complete with original packaging and then not send the packaging. Advetise items as being "Good+" and then sending a lot of "Almost Good" pieces instead.

Customer satisfaction does not appear to be a worthwhile part of their business model, axing their customers when they get returns seems to be their model instead.

Properly represent your products and don't make substitutions withn out confirming same with the customer first would go along way in curbing returns and would make
it easier for both parties. This kind of thinking is surely not remiss to them, they just prefer to dump it on you, and your supposed to accept it or they give you the axe.

I'm very glad for all the dealers who truly believe in customer satisfaction (most are) and properly represent their coins so a customer can make a good decision about purchasing.
And that also accept returns as long as their return policy is followed, with out vindictive reprisals.

I have consistently purchased coins over the past 6 years spending roughly $85,000.00 in the process and yes I have had to return some once seen in hand,but the normal
response is " sorry that coin didn't meet with your approval, but keep us in mind in the future" and I have, and have had good success with very many dealers and even ebay
purchases as well. Apmex's approach is very different and punitive, maybe their just too busy.
NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate dealings with APMEX. On the other hand, why would you even consider purchasing graded bullion coins at a premium? Normally, as you know due to price volatility, bullion in most cases, has a no return policy and in my book, the stuff that APMEX sells is strictly bullion, graded or not. For non "bullion" coin items, I agree with your assessment, a return policy is advisable.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    The certified items were 19th century $10 U.S. Gold of scarce date. The other was select items that were not as represented.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options

<< <i>The certified items were 19th century $10 U.S. Gold of scarce date. The other was select items that were not as represented. >>

Thanks .... for the info...I've only purchased bullion from APMEX and never any coins.

• Options

<< <i>Instead of abiding by the customer satisfaction policy that they blazen all over their site, they just dump you as a customer.

If you don't want people returning items then don't misrepresent what you are selling, ie, Pics of certified gold with out the carbon spots and no note of same in description.
    Advertising "complete with original packaging and then not send the packaging. Advetise items as being "Good+" and then sending a lot of "Almost Good" pieces instead.

Customer satisfaction does not appear to be a worthwhile part of their business model, axing their customers when they get returns seems to be their model instead.

Properly represent your products and don't make substitutions withn out confirming same with the customer first would go along way in curbing returns and would make
    it easier for both parties. This kind of thinking is surely not remiss to them, they just prefer to dump it on you, and your supposed to accept it or they give you the axe.

I'm very glad for all the dealers who truly believe in customer satisfaction (most are) and properly represent their coins so a customer can make a good decision about purchasing.
    And that also accept returns as long as their return policy is followed, with out vindictive reprisals.

I have consistently purchased coins over the past 6 years spending roughly $85,000.00 in the process and yes I have had to return some once seen in hand,but the normal
    response is " sorry that coin didn't meet with your approval, but keep us in mind in the future" and I have, and have had good success with very many dealers and even ebay
    purchases as well. Apmex's approach is very different and punitive, maybe their just too busy. >>

I agree!!!!! I learned my lesson when i bought BU morgans........that were at best xf/au

apmess is only good for modern bullion an only then when they have SALES

there also good for when spot takes an unexpected dump.......by the time you get to the b&m store, coin show, flea market that low spot price is gone
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    <<< I agree!!!!! I learned my lesson when i bought BU morgans........that were at best xf/au >>>

Wow, that's pretty bad! I could possibly see if they sent you some slider commercial uncs, but not XF-AU coins.

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    From OPA just a week ago or so:

"I for one, don't give a hoot about your buying experience with apmex. "

Funny how his view has changed when replying to this OP's experience.
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    haha, was wondering if anyone was going to catch thatimage
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>From OPA just a week ago or so:

Funny how his view has changed when replying to this OP's experience. >>

If I recall, your experience was not buying related, but how to pay related. You were crying because they reduced your credit card "charge limit" for purchasing items.

Don't compare apples with oranges.
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Besides, He said he didn't care about YOUR APMEX experience, Didn't say he didn't care about Numbers experience image.

I just placed an order with APMEX. Thanks to this thread it prompted me to check APMEX this morning and I found they had 5 oz Johnson Matthey Rounds which I've been looking for. What surprised me is the price, $5/oz over melt. Also had JM 20 Oz poured bars, They wanted $21/oz for this for Some reason. JM Kilo bars $4 over melt/oz. The last time I purchased from them I bought some 5 oz bars and a lot of 1 oz bars which were advertised as Credit Suisse, I received Pamp Suisse instead. I wasn't upset as Pamps are a little better than Credits but seems they would send you what you purchase. I sure hope I get my JM 5 oz'ers as I paid $5/oz over melt and wouldn't want a POS substitute. I wouldn't have even ordered silver if it weren't for these. I'm gathering Palladium at the moment image

Anyone interested, There are 2 JM 5 oz rounds left, I couldn't bring myself to purchase them all at the $5/oz over melt price for a 5 oz item. Thanks to OP for starting this thread!
    Its all relative
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>

<< <i>From OPA just a week ago or so:

Funny how his view has changed when replying to this OP's experience. >>

If I recall, your experience was not buying related, but how to pay related. You were crying because they reduced your credit card "charge limit" for purchasing items.

Don't compare apples with oranges. >>

Apples and oranges? Flush your headgear out. Its about the company alienating their customer base. Amazing how you couldnt pick up on that on your own.image
  • Options
    Gecko...it's time for you to make peace with APMEX.....I just noticed that their 100 oz Silver Grain/Shot is only $.69 over spot.image