Home Precious Metals
Options

Question about Englehard plastic tubes

I recently obtained some American Prospector 1 oz. rounds in a plastic tube. It looks to me that this tuble will hold 20 rounds. Is this correct?
How 'bout them DAWGs!

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    yep.

Maples are the only ones I can think of that come in tubes of 25.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Hold it...Hold it...

A lot of Prospectors come in 20 count tubes ..... BUTTT.... they are put togethers.

ORIGINAL Engelhard Prospector tubes are:

Square

Hold 25

Have the Engelhard logo embossed on the lid.

[at work so I do not have a pix].
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Baron, what about the fracs? I had 2 rolls of tenths and they were in what appeared to be standard round dime tubes with a screw-on cap and an Engelhard sticker.
  • Options
    Mr. G-109

You are correct..... The fractionals came in "plain" round tubes with an Engelhard label.

1/10 ...... 50 pcs. in a "Dime" tube.
    1/4 ........ 20 pcs. in a " Nickel" tube.
    1/2 ........ 10 pcs. in a "Half" tube.

[PS.... I think your poured silver bars with the eagle stamp look soooooooo nice!!]
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    my bad, thanks for the correction silverbaron
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hold it...Hold it...

A lot of Prospectors come in 20 count tubes ..... BUTTT.... they are put togethers.

[at work so I do not have a pix]. >>

No, they aren't mine.
  • Options
    That's why I asked the question. The tube in question has the englehard logo on it. The top is kind of square-ish and has 4 projections that fit into holes on the body of the tube. I wouldn't call it exactly round or square, though. When I put the new purchases in the tube, I thought there was room for some more, but I had thought that 20 was the correct number. Shoulda bought five more!

There was only one dealer at the Whitman show that had any - surprisingly, Silvertowne didn't have any - but they seem to be available on the bay.

Thanks to all who answered for the expertise. This forum is invaluable.
    How 'bout them DAWGs!